Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

xopods posted:

Hmmm. What if people built their robots in layers? So, like, the back layer is vital systems, like the computer brain you have to destroy to "kill" someone, and power supplies and stuff... and the middle layer is offensive systems, and then the outer layer is defensive systems. People attacking you have to destroy the outer layers to get at the stuff behind it.

Maybe it's built pyramid style, so you need more of the inner layers to support the outer ones (but a single card in an outer layer can protect two cards underneath it)

I like this idea a lot. RoboRally is a great game because of the funny things that can happen as your badly damaged robots flounder around. I have fond memories of completely immobilizing my friend's robots and then pushing them into inevitable deathtraps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU