Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So this is a game I've more or less made to help with teaching kids brazilian jiu jitsu. There are a few decent card games (Jiugo & Combatch) that are in the niche of BJJ but mainly are meant for adults/people who know what BJJ is. So i thought I'd try to make a print-n-play game focused for kids to play with, or event new adults to the sport, and just help them retain/remember different moves/techniques in a simple and easy to understand game format. Part of that is also because I'm outside of my home country doing ESL and so all my kids bjj students are also learning English so this is meant to help double tap those two things: easy to understand/play off the bat, help retain/learn the names of moves.

I'm posting here because I'm more or less at the playtest phase and am doing the "52 player card" approach to the game and would like some feedback on the mechanics. At the moment they're, well, incredibly simple/basic and I want to keep it as simple to comprehend and easy to pick up but not so simplistic its just a boring as hell game to play.

I've played a few test games and it works well but I may be too close to the game to be a decent critic of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU