Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Guildencrantz posted:

A hippie commune doesn't strike me as a very competitive environment, is there a victory condition other than chilling out? Because so far I'm envisioning a meta-boardgame where you draw a few cards, then get high, forget about the game and say everybody wins. And I think we've all played that one a few times.

Dunno, any small community gets competitive when you have limited resources yet competing interests at hand. Especially since people who run off and join communes tend to be 'characters' with weird quirks and motivations.

Or just give out secret victory conditions. Everyone is supposed to be a hippie looking for utopia, but instead (by hidden draw of the card), you have undercover FBI, lechers trying to assemble a harem to run off with them, con-men, sell-outs, power-freaks, religious nuts looking to start a cult, Manson types, etc. Maybe make it so that the hippie itself is a unit of value, and when you get enough hippies on your side instead of another player's, you win.

You do a good job in your role to try and keep it, or you goof off and smoke pot to try and get assigned a different role that will let you achieve your goals. If everyone goofs off and does nothing long enough, the community falls apart, the hippies wander off, and everyone loses. Or else it's a bluff, and you're actually smoking pot so people think you don't want to keep the role you actually need to collect your victory. Etc.

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU