Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Along the same lines I think 60 quid for Diablo 3 is way too much. But it's been out on ps4 for a while and pc for ages so it'll keep until a sale or whatever.

I also have no idea if it runs ok on Switch yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It runs fine and it's Ł40 if you don't want to pay digtal copy tax.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah all the footage I've seen of it has been rock solid. The only minor issue I've heard is the text size doesn't really scale well to the gamepad.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shoehead posted:

Along the same lines I think 60 quid for Diablo 3 is way too much. But it's been out on ps4 for a while and pc for ages so it'll keep until a sale or whatever.

I also have no idea if it runs ok on Switch yet
consensus is it runs perfectly

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

bowmore posted:

consensus is it runs perfectly

I might see if I can check it out later. It's a real shame the pc version never got alternate controls because the old joke about Diablo destroying your hands is now my everyday life :cry:

Edit: Also my local GS has it for €65 fuckin hell

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
The only thing I'm paying full price for anytime soon is Smash, AND I might even go for the deluxe pack. It's great that Nintendo is giving us a bonus coins promo during the pre-release window; especially with a system-selling game like that. So we get a little bit of extra money back, and considering Best Buy's discontinued rewards program was $400 spent for $5 back, Nintendo's deal is even better.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Shoehead posted:

I might see if I can check it out later. It's a real shame the pc version never got alternate controls because the old joke about Diablo destroying your hands is now my everyday life :cry:

Edit: Also my local GS has it for €65 fuckin hell
Gamestop is a joke, Smyths or Argos are your best bet. For something you know you want, Smyths give €5 if you pre-order before launch (even literally the day before).

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

irlZaphod posted:

Smyths give €5 if you pre-order before launch (even literally the day before).

Nice to see that someone still bloody does. My Prime subscription expired last week but I was planning on renewing it despite another $20 price hike per annum... and then they got rid of the 20% pre-order discount for physical copies of console games and that was the end of that. I'm sure that some smartarse sycophant will come on and tell as about how it was no longer viable for Amazon to do that or some nonsense, but Amazon has more money than God so gently caress them.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

Amazon no longer needs us game buying consumers to achieve their goals. They already hit them, partially thanks to us, back when they just sold books and media and your parents balked at the thought of buying something online because "OMG scammers gonna get my credit card!!!"

2 decades later and consumers have shown they'll buy from whoever can convince them that they'll be paying less money, they've copied the eBay model of being a reseller for small businesses who no longer need retail, Prime Video has enough original and licenced content to be one of the top players in that field, and cities large and small would nuke their own neighbourhoods and kick their lifelong citizens to the curb in order to get a shot at HQ2.

They don't need us anymore, they've become the de facto online shopping choice. They don't just have the big bucks and the market share, they're practically an economic engine all their own.

(I presume, or at least hope, that their customer service is still fantastic. I recall hearing on these forums about ordering Criterion Collection sets, the discs getting loose and scratched during shipping, and Amazon sending a free replacement copy with few to no questions.)

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

This week's drop (all releases Nov 8, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EST/9am PST for NA, 15.00 CET/14.00 GMT for Europe.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo Slash Rally - $7.99 / Ł6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]

Arcade Archives Urban Champion - $7.99 / Ł6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The mean streets have a new force to deal with: you! Don't let the big, bad bully of the neighborhood push you around! Find out if you have what it takes to make it on the rough city streets against the toughest brawlers around. Use a combination of punches to knock your opponent backward into an open manhole before time expires. If you fall, a shower of confetti will celebrate your enemy's victory - leaving you with your wounded pride. Watch out for angry neighbors who will attempt to drop flowerpots on your head. The police will also make an occasional appearance to temporarily break up the fight - or to make an arrest if time runs out. Spar against a computer bully or a friend and prove your worth in becoming the Urban Champion!

Astebreed - $19.99 / Ł10.39 / €11.59
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Blaze through the battlefield in style in your "Crossbreed" - a mech suit built jointly of human and alien technology. Everything is riding on you! The game features vertical-scrolling, side-scrolling, and rail-shooter perspectives all seamlessly integrated alongside each other in brilliantly laid out 2.5D visuals. The ever-changing gameplay dynamic this creates represents an evolution in the shoot-'em-up genre that helps draw it into the modern era, but the skill level needed to dodge bullets and rout the opposition remains high.

Battlezone Gold Edition - $34.99 / Ł29.99 / €34.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Blast through a thrilling rogue-lite campaign for 1-4 players where different environments, enemies and mission types are blended together. No two playthroughs will be the same! Blast through campaigns solo or in 2-4 player co-op (supports online and local wireless play). Unleash destructive weapons and awesome special equipment, from laser-guided missiles and artillery to EMPs and shield boosts. Unlock ever more powerful tanks, weapons and special equipment and pick from hundreds of deadly combinations! Customise your tank with new skins, cockpit bobbleheads, and horns, now all included in the Gold Edition! Travel back to the 80s with the retro-inspired Classic Mode, featuring Battlezone’s original two-track controls and worldwide leaderboards!

Brawlhalla - free (Nov 6)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Come fight for glory in Brawlhalla – an epic free-to-play platform fighting game. Join casual free-for-alls and ranked matches, or make a custom room with your friends. Millions of players, frequent updates, and more than 40 unique characters. Join the eternal battle arena, where the greatest warriors in history brawl to prove who's the best! Featuring both online and local competition as well as single-player and co-op modes. With six free-to-play characters rotating every week, you can also play online to earn gold and unlock more Legends. 100% free to play with no pay-to-win advantages.

The Bug Butcher - $7.99 / Ł7.99 / €7.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The Bug Butcher is an action-packed 2D side scrolling shoot'em up game where peril comes from above. So in a nutshell, pest control with machine guns in space. The core mechanics hold old ties from the classic arcade shooter “Super Pang” where you shoot vertically, but with modern day twists. You are Harry, a brash and tenacious exterminator who has a knack for decimating bugs.

Carnival Games - $ ? / Ł34.99 / €39.99 (Nov 6)
Retail/Digital - [NA] [EU]
Carnival Games brings the party back for the entire family – now for the first time on Nintendo Switch! With both fan-favorite and brand-new mini-games all in one package, Carnival Games offers fun for everyone and can be played alone or with up to three others. Hit home runs, pile the highest stack of cakes, and take your horse to the finish line. 20 total mini-games will have you and your friends stepping right up to win again and again!

Chalk Dash Carnival - $7.09 / Ł5.40 / €6.18 (Nov 14 NA / Nov 6 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Brand new! The intuitive side-scrolling game, Chalk Dash Carnival, is here! Guide the stick figures running about the blackboard to the finish line! You can scrawl chalk lines directly onto the screen by using the touch controls! Don't go falling into holes or getting skewered by spikes! Get the party going with friends and family! Up to 4 people can play in battle mode at once! Become the chalk master you always knew you could!

Collidalot - $12.50 / Ł9.99 / €10.99 (Nov 9)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Jet-powered hover cars meet full-speed destruction derby chaos! Strap into the torn leather seat of an apocalyptic jet car and grind for your life! All that is left are jet engines, gravity rails, and glory at full-throttle. Capture the map by painting the rails while you grind. Slam your friends out of the ring or use the map itself to get the best of them. Each ship’s unique ability compliments play styles from defensive to aggressive. Team up or fend for yourself with 1-4 players across 18 maps and 3 game modes, with more coming soon. Collidalot proves there are no friends in the wasteland.

Crashlands - $14.99 / Ł13.49 / €14.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Play as Flux Dabes, a galactic delivery truck driver whose latest shipment gets interrupted by a megalomaniacal alien named "Hewgodooko" who tears her ship to pieces looking for useful tech. Crashlanded on Woanope, you must fight, tame, craft, quest, bossfight, and adventure your way to domination of all the things so that you and JuiceBox, your trusty sidekick/supervisor/robotic cargo palette, can send a message to the Bureau of Shipping and get those packages delivered!

CricktoGame: Nintendo Switch Edition - $5.49 / Ł4.49 / €4.99 (Nov 7)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
CricktoGame is the game of skill in solving puzzles that will take you to a new level of fun. Its easy to play and fun for all ages. A good game with a unique mechanics in the world and that will train your mind and will take you to new entertainment fees. The game has you moving pieces around a board with coloured backgrounds - you need to match up all of the pieces with a background panel of the same colour. The pieces can only be moved along the specifically drawn out paths, however, so planning each move in advance could well be key.

Deru - The Art of Cooperation - $14.99 / Ł13.49 / €14.99 (Nov 7)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Deru is a cooperative puzzle game that mixes eye catching abstract art with mind bending puzzles to a unique gaming experience. In this couch co-op experience two players team up to overcome the boundaries of shadow and light and succeed through teamwork, timing and tactics.

Forgotton Anne - $19.99 / Ł15.99 / €19.99 (Nov 9)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Imagine a place where all that is lost and forgotten goes; old toys, letters, socks. The Forgotten Lands is a magical world inhabited by Forgotlings; living mislaid objects longing to be remembered. Forgotton Anne is a seamless cinematic adventure with meaningful storytelling and light puzzle platforming. You are Anne, the enforcer who keeps order in the Forgotten Lands, as she sets out to squash a rebellion that might prevent her master, Bonku, and herself from returning to the human world...

Full Metal Furies - $19.99 / Ł14.99 / €19.99 (Nov 6)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
FULL METAL FURIES puts an emphasis on team play with a unique combat system where everyone is important. Work together to defeat special enemies, string organics combos to deal massive damage, and save a war-torn world that is battling itself to extinction. Play on the couch or online with friends, and make it a party for up to four players! Or go solo in single-player, and show off your skills through a Pick 2 quick-switch system that retains all the nuances of multi-play.

GRIP - $39.99 / Ł34.99 / €39.99 (Nov 6)
GRIP is a high octane, hardcore combat racer, packing ferocious speed and armed to the teeth with heavy weapons. Harnessing gravity defying physics alongside a bristling arsenal of outlandish weapons, GRIP delivers the fastest, most competitive racing experience ever. Scale walls, ceilings and anything else you can get your tyres on to... as you master tantalising tracks, tricks and perform mind-blowing stunts to race your way across the cosmos.

Johnny Turbo's Arcade Break Thru - $6.99 / Ł5.40 / €6.10
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Use your machine-gun equipped armored car to break-thru enemy lines.

Johnny Turbo's Arcade Night Slashers - $7.99 / Ł7.10 / €7.99 (Nov 8 NA / Nov 1 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Stop King Zarutz and his army of evil undead monsters from taking over the world!

MechaNika - $5.99 / Ł4.99 / €5.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Meet Nika, a brilliant girl that doesn’t fit the world she lives in. Perhaps it’s the chocolate shake with a shot of cognac she carries in her backpack which makes her different. Or maybe it’s the fact that at 7 years old her favourite things are the transfer of energy, magnetic fields and electrical engineering. But anyway... It doesn't matter if her parents don't listen to her. It doesn't matter if her teacher ignores her. It doesn't matter if her classmates are dorks. Nothing matters anymore because she has a plan to solve everything. A really… odd plan.

Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix - $12.99 / Ł11.89 / €12.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix challenges your tactical nous across a lengthy and challenging campaign. The Kingdom of Dryden has an incredible history thanks to the story of a Phoenix facing down enemies generations ago; now, buoyed by that legacy, King Harold continually seeks conflict. Follow the tale of a band of mercenaries, working for coin but then challenged to consider whether their actions, and those of King Harold, are what is best for the land. What follows is a story of war, betrayal, magical lore and redemption for a nation! A tactical RPG in the finest traditions of the genre, Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix requires you to carefully utilise varied units and their abilities. Set Leaders to change the flow of battle, level up your units, change classes, manage equipment and make the key choices that will be the difference between victory and defeat! An adventure that will take many hours to complete, Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix will challenge even the most careful strategists.

Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two - $39.99 / Ł39.99 / €44.99 (Nov 6 NA / Nov 9 EU)
Now that Jesse and the gang have vanquished the Wither Storm, saved the world, and become totally super famous heroes, life has gotten a bit more...complicated. With more responsibilities and less time for adventure, old friendships have started to fade -- at least until Jesse's hand gets stuck in a creepy gauntlet that belongs to an ancient underwater temple. Together with old pals and new comrades alike, Jesse embarks on a brand new journey filled with tough choices, good times, and at least one temperamental llama. Includes access to all five episodes in this all-new season from the award-winning former studio, Telltale Games.

Moonlighter - $24.99 / Ł22.49 / €24.99 (Nov 5)
During a long-passed archaeological excavation, a set of Gates were discovered. People quickly realized that these ancient passages lead to different realms and dimensions – providing brave and reckless adventurers with treasures beyond measure. Rynoka, a small commercial village, was founded near the excavation site providing refuge and a place for adventurers to sell their hard-earned riches. Moonlighter is an Action RPG with rogue-lite elements following the everyday routines of Will, an adventurous shopkeeper that dreams of becoming a hero.

Noir Chronicles: City of Crime - $14.99 / Ł13.49 / €14.99 (Nov 9)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Step into the shoes of Alfred Fox, a private eye with a knack for getting into trouble, and confront the danger looming over your old flame, Barbara Le Purr. Using your own intuition and wide investigation techniques you will follow the intrigue and face many, sometimes deadly, consequences.

Operation Pig - $10.99 / Ł8.99 / €9.99 (Nov 7)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
You are Special Agent Wood and you have worked in the most dangerous missions. You have saved your country hundreds of times. You have been decorated for your courage on several occasions, and over the years, you have become the most feared agent. But now you must be ready for what will be the most dangerous mission that you have faced. The president needs you for a last job that has been called: OPERATION PIG. Your mission is to safeguard the integrity of Ramón, the president's pig, but it will not be easy. Ramón is a pig that likes to travel in search of rich acorns and mud. You are the most qualified and experienced agent, but it will not be an easy task. The evil enemies of the president have learned of Ramón's existence, and will do everything possible to seek and destroy him. Now, put on your sunglasses, grease the arsenal and get ready for a crazy adventure with the pinkest and fattest pig in the world.

Picture Painting Puzzle 1000! - $5.89 / Ł4.59 / €5.09
Digital - [NA] [EU]
According to numbers at the side of the grid to fill in or left blank cells to reveal hidden picture. 1000 questions in each 5x5 to 20x20 and 4 levels of difficulty for both beginners and advanced users.

Rage in Peace - $12.99 / Ł10.79 / €11.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Rage in Peace is a side-scrolling adventure game that tells the story of Timmy Malinu, an emotionally numb 27 years old actuary who only has one dream that sets him apart from most people: to die asleep in his pajamas, in the warmth of home, in peace, and with no drama. On one fateful day, a Grim Reaper appears bearing news that Timmy will die today. With his head cut off. But the Grim Reaper did not specify when, where, or what will kill Timmy, giving him one final chance to realize his dream. But achieving his dream will not be an easy task for Timmy. To reach his home, Timmy will have to avoid all the traps and obstacles that mysteriously show up to stop him from "cheating" death. Surprise and memorization will be the key for you to help Timmy postponing his demise, receive inner peace, and dying the way he always wished to.

Road Redemption - $19.99 / Ł17.99 / €19.99 (Nov 6)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
In the fiery remnants of a once vibrant world, gangs battle for dominance across wartorn highways. When a motorcycle assassin takes out the boss of the richest weapons cartel, the cartel offers a bounty of wealth beyond imagination for the assassin’s head. Now every thug, warrior, and bounty hunter with a bike and blade is out to catch the assassin and win the bounty, including you. The race is on.

Roarr! Jurassic Edition - $7.99 / Ł7.19 / €7.99 (Nov 7)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
When the aliens arrived, they didn't come in peace. The invasion was immediate and so overwhelming that humans didn't stand a chance. One thing it wasn't though, was quiet. A terrible rumble from upstairs woke Rex up from his slumber. For millennia he was hibernating in his cosy cave but the incessant crescendo of the alien invasion was too much to sleep through. It was time for Rex to go upstairs and give his new neighbours a piece of his mind!

Rogue Legacy - $14.99 / Ł10.99 / €14.99 (Nov 6)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Rogue Legacy is a genealogical rogue-"LITE" where anyone can be a hero. Each time you die, your child will succeed you. Every child is unique. One child might be colorblind, another might have vertigo-- they could even be a dwarf. That's OK, because no one is perfect, and you don't have to be perfect to succeed. But you do have to be pretty darn good because this game is HARD. Fortunately, every time you die all the gold you've collected can be used to upgrade you manor, giving your next child a step up in life and another chance at vanquishing evil.

Saboteur! - $8.00 / Ł6.29 / €7.00 (Nov 9)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Saboteur! is a classic retro game hit made by Clive Townsend in 1985 for the ZX Spectrum 8-bit computer. In 1985 Saboteur! received prestigious award "The Crash Smash" from Crash magazine and was high-rated with 93% score. Now after 33 years SimFabric in collaboration with Clive Townsend prepared special remastered version of Saboteur! for Nintendo Switch. In the game you'll experience the original mission from the 1985 version. Additionally the story will continue with new levels and enemies. Now you'll be able to know more about Saboteur and his dark and secret story.

Shadow of Loot Box - $7.99 / Ł7.99 / €7.99 (Nov 6)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
If you always thought that there were too few loot boxes in other games, this game is for you! Shadow of Loot Box is an attempt to present what video games can become in the near future. Each level of this shooter is a reference to a popular trend in the modern game development industry. Will you be able to overcome the thorny path full of microtransactions, loot boxes and bugs, resisting the temptation to use the in-game store?

The Shapeshifting Detective - $12.99 / Ł9.99 / €12.99 (Nov 6)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The Shapeshifting Detective is a supernatural-noir murder mystery FMV game. Play as a detective and investigate the murder by shapeshifting into any character. Even the next victim. Dorota Shaw is dead. And the prime suspects are three tarot readers with the uncanny ability to predict murder - or commit it. It’s your job to find out what else they know - but they won’t reveal their dark secrets to just anyone… Luckily, you can be anyone you want to be. The game features more than 1600 full HD video responses, a simple questioning interface with unique ‘delete’ mechanic, and a randomly chosen murderer at the start of the game. Developed by the World Record-breaking makers of "The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker".

Sky Force Anniversary - $9.99 / Ł8.99 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The legendary shoot-’em-up is here to celebrate its 10-year anniversary in super-destructive style. Harnessing the intensity of classic arcade games combined with modern visuals, Sky Force Anniversary offers a stunning scrolling shooter experience with an incredible new social gameplay element. Over a decade ago, IGN said, “Put simply, Sky Force is amazing.” Scoring an incredible 9.5 out of 10. And now it’s back. Bigger, bolder and more intense than ever. This 10th anniversary edition adds incredible depth to the series through stunning 3D graphics, intuitive controls and a powerful upgrade system that’ll keep you blasting for hours on end.

SkyTime - $2.99 / Ł2.69 / €2.99 (Nov 5)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
SkyTime is a 3D platformer in which you slow time, dodge bullets, destroy turrets, and overcome obstacles! In SkyTime, you are a scientist who lost their family in an avalanche and are trying to get them back. You created a time machine, but it was missing one key component: a reactor core to power it. You stole one from the evil private military company Mortech, and are now being chased. Can you outrun them? Go through 9 levels in many different ways. You can pass through them as quickly as possible, or try to destroy all the turrets along the way. In any case, this will not be a boring evening, or morning, or whenever you decided to play this game!

Solitaire - $9.99 / Ł8.79 / €9.99 (Nov 6)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The card game that everyone loves. Rediscover the classic card game, finally in a digital version that everyone can play! Arrange the cards from Ace to King in the 3 most popular game modes and spend an enjoyable moment indulging in your favourite pastime. A classic brain-teaser in which you will need all your concentration to earn as many points as possible. Only those making the fewest moves will have their names inscribed at the top of the international rankings.

Syberia 1 & 2 - $34.99 / Ł ? / € ?
The Complete experience of the standard-setting adventure game finally available on Nintendo Switch! In Syberia, join Kate Walker on an extraordinary journey that takes her all the way from Western Europe to the far reaches of Eastern Russia. You will come across a host of endearing characters and incredible locations as you search for traces of Hans Voralberg, the genius inventor of the automatons. It is a search that will take you to the legendary island of Syberia, in the far North of the continent, where the last living mammoths reside, hidden from modern eyes... Continue the adventure in Syberia 2! After roaming Europe from West to East in search of Hans, Kate Walker sets out on another long journey, this time across the Great North. She will soon be faced with the dangers of the wild, religious fanaticism, and poachers seeking to lay their hands on the precious ivory of the Mammoths…

Timber Tennis: Versus - $1.99 / Ł1.79 / €1.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Meet Timber Tennis: Versus, an entirely new addition to the Timberman family - a series of games enjoyed by more than 30 000 000 people around the world! Take part in the annual Timber Tennis world championships - use your special skills, watch out for super shots, and collect prizes to beat all the rivals and reach the grand final! Unlock all the characters (including Princess, Hipster, Boxer and many more), win trophies, and compete in local or online multiplayer mode with your friends!

Townsmen - $19.99 / Ł17.99 / €19.99 (Nov 9)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Develop your tiny village to a grand medieval empire with a thriving economy and happy villagers! Find spots for mining ore, harvest the crops of your farms and collect coins as taxes from your folk. Build jousting fields, taverns, marketplaces and beautify your city with impressive statues, magnificent monuments and lush gardens. But there are also dangers lurking close by. Bandits are in the area, looking to plunder and pillage your peaceful town. Build barracks, guard towers and recruit brave soldiers to protect your citizens from harm. You rule the whole empire from your castle and make sure your inhabitants have fun and stay happy!

Valiant Hearts: The Great War - $ ? / Ł16.00 / €19.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
This is the story of crossed destinies and a broken love in a world torn apart. All of the characters will try to survive the horror of the trenches following their faithful canine companion. Choose your favorite control mode and experience the game with either a Joy-Con controller or the touch screen. Includes Bonus content: the Dogs of War interactive Comic book and a artwork gallery.

Varion - $12.99 / Ł10.29 / €12.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Team up or fight for yourself, build dirty tactics and take advantage of ever-changing dangerous stages in up-to-4 player restless battles to become the supreme ruler of your living room! Varion is a 3D arcade-action top-down “brawler”, featuring couch multiplayer battles for 1 to 4 players. Set in a futuristic universe, it allows the players to control robots fighting in a infinite amount of booby-trapped, procedurally generated arenas during restless, fast-paced battles.

The Walking Vegetables: Radical Edition - $12.99 / Ł9.99 / €12.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The world is under attack from vegetables, turned evil by dastardly aliens! You must answer the call and take up arms to defend the planet. Buy weapons, develop your skills and roam from city to city to take out waves of evil veggie monsters. Beware epic bosses waiting in each city to mash you up! Face the challenge alone or with a friend in local co-op. Whatever you do, please save us!

World of Final Fantasy Maxima - $39.99 / Ł34.99 / €39.99 (Nov 6)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY comes to Nintendo Switch as the powered-up FINAL FANTASY Maxima! Beloved characters from FF lore (Champions) and a multitude of capturable monsters (Mirages) appear in this fun and exciting adventure. This new and enhanced version of WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY also features the Avatar Change system, which allows the protagonists, Reynn and Lann, to fight as Champions. Fight your way through exhilarating battles as legendary FINAL FANTASY heroes!

3DS
Cube Creator DX - $19.99 / Ł ? / € ? (Nov 8 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Cube Creator DX is a creative, action-adventure game with a freedom to explore the world of cubes with the look and feel coming from Japanese gameplay origins. Fight against monsters, gather resources, and craft new materials in this enhanced Cube Creator adaptation. You can build stages and share them with friends, or download stages created by other players in the Swapatorium - the place to view and try out stages. A swath of brand new monsters and enemies come out at night, and you’ll have to evade or fight them, or even place them into your own original worlds. There are also lots of new animals that can be collected, and can even be made to be your pet; they can be ridden around the environments. Use the new map feature to show where you and each of your friends are located in the environment. In survival mode and creative mode, you can play online or local with friends up to four players. Chat and communicate with other players using the new messaging feature and fun, new emoji animations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Reminder that Sky Force is really good, and its a great Shmup for people who dont like bullet hell shooters

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Apparently GRIP has severe performance issues on Switch, and even if they sort it out as someone who bought it in early access on PC its not a game worth spending Ł35 on when Redout and Fast RMX are on the same system and cheaper.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

njsykora posted:

Apparently GRIP has severe performance issues on Switch, and even if they sort it out as someone who bought it in early access on PC its not a game worth spending Ł35 on when Redout and Fast RMX are on the same system and cheaper.

Redout is out on the Switch?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

It has been announced, but endlessly delayed.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Redout is out on the Switch?

I thought it was? I could swear I'd put it on my Switch wishlist since it came out fairly early on but it seems to have vanished.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

njsykora posted:

Apparently GRIP has severe performance issues on Switch, and even if they sort it out as someone who bought it in early access on PC its not a game worth spending £35 on when Redout and Fast RMX are on the same system and cheaper.

I've played grip for free on Xbox (game pass) and after playing it for a hour, I'm already considering deleting it. It's not worth the money and it seems to be very generic anyway. You can do way better for arcade racing.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Surprise, the Youtube app's out.
https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1060578774658506752

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:pray: Crunchyroll App :pray:

content
Feb 13, 2014

In Training posted:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nice! I often find myself deciding between playing switch and lounging and watching videos before bed. Now I dont have to!

Plus this will honestly sell games for Nintendo. The ability to look up reviews from the switch itself is gonna be awesome

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
youtube app trip report:

volume is pretty low when maxed out compared to even my low-end android phone and there are no options for playback speed. seems like a straight port of the ps4/tv app. Supports 1080p60 video both docked and portable (presumably supersampled for the 720p screen. Supports touch input but only sort of - no real navigation because you can't swipe or drag, just click. So you can pause and resume with joycons detached and you can use the onscreen keyboard but actually browsing your subscriptions requires the actual controller.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

It is fast though, way faster than the Plex app I was using for Youtube in the past.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Hamster you're making some powerful enemies by announcing Puzzle Bobble 2 back in September and refusing to pull the trigger each week

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Does World of Final Fantasy not have a physical release for Switch? I can only find the Xbox version for the Maxima release.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Fawf posted:

Hamster you're making some powerful enemies by announcing Puzzle Bobble 2 back in September and refusing to pull the trigger each week

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

In Training posted:

Netflix app. And not just for the Originals; all these years later they still have a pretty good anime/TV selection.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Fawf posted:

Get Money Idol Exchanger, it'll make the wait a lot easier.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Why no Puzzle Bobble 1?

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Shoehead posted:

Why no Puzzle Bobble 1?

1 and 2 were announced in the same batch and I'm similarly being denied the privilege of paying money for it

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Does World of Final Fantasy not have a physical release for Switch? I can only find the Xbox version for the Maxima release.

Everything I saw when looking it up suggested digital only.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh god, my nostalgia for Johnny Turbo’s port of Break Thru...loved that game as a kid!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fawf posted:

I gotta my fix, man! Why're they holding back on us? :shepspends:

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Too many drat games are coming out, it's like the wii all over again. I totally missed Moonlighter in that list until it came up as a suggested purchase for me on Amazon. I have been waiting a while for Moonlighter to come out.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Cartoon Man posted:

Oh god, my nostalgia for Johnny Turbo’s port of Break Thru...loved that game as a kid!

How are those Johnny Turbo releases? I saw they did Joe & Mac, for which I also have a childhood fondness. I would always rent it when visiting my grandparents (I guess the Encore Video near my home didn't have it?)

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I gotta my fix, man! Why're they holding back on us? :shepspends:

Who cares about Puzzle Bobble when we're getting motherfucking Twinkle Star Sprites!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Chill Penguin posted:

How are those Johnny Turbo releases? I saw they did Joe & Mac, for which I also have a childhood fondness. I would always rent it when visiting my grandparents (I guess the Encore Video near my home didn't have it?)

I bought Kid Nikki for the same reasons and it was pretty flawless.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

This week's drop (all releases Nov 15, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EST/9am PST for NA, 15.00 CET/14.00 GMT for Europe.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo Stakes Winner 2 - $7.99 / Ł6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]

Arcade Archives Atomic Robo-Kid - $7.99 / Ł6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]

Cabela's: The Hunt - Championship Edition - $39.99 / Ł44.99 / €49.99 (Oct 23 NA / Nov 16 EU)
Cabela’s: The Hunt is the most exciting hunting game to the Nintendo Switch. You will experience the thrill of the hunt while you stalk and kill your prey in some of North America's most famous hunting spots. With local multiplayer, arcade mini-games and season hunt modes, Cabela’s: The Hunt is fun for gamers and hunters alike.

Chalk Dash Carnival - $7.09 / Ł5.40 / €6.18 (Nov 14 NA / Nov 6 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Brand new! The intuitive side-scrolling game, Chalk Dash Carnival, is here! Guide the stick figures running about the blackboard to the finish line! You can scrawl chalk lines directly onto the screen by using the touch controls! Don't go falling into holes or getting skewered by spikes! Get the party going with friends and family! Up to 4 people can play in battle mode at once! Become the chalk master you always knew you could!

Circle of Sumo - $9.99 / Ł8.99 / €9.99 (Nov 16)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Have fun with your friends with the great award-winning Circle of Sumo! COS is simple and compelling at the same time, with a lot of different challenges. It's pure fun! Take control of 8 different sumo wrestlers and challenge your friends on daring fights and sport based extra-games!

Desktop Soccer - $7.11 / Ł5.42 / €6.14 (Nov 21 NA / Nov 14 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The desk is your field! Lace up your shoes for a simple yet challenging soccer game! Share the Joy-Con with up to 4 people for a soccer free-for-all! Make your own original team by adjusting formations and positions! Aim to win the tournament!

Johnny Turbo's Arcade: Heavy Barrel - $7.99 / Ł ? / € ? (Nov 15 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Fight through the enemy's army and collect pieces for a secret weapon to destroy their underground artillery base.

M.A.C.E. Space Shooter - $4.99 / Ł4.49 / €4.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
M.A.C.E. is a classic 2D space shooter game. The player navigates a spaceship across three different worlds with 6 vertical scrolling levels and various enemies, trying to destroy or avoid them. Hidden items (weapons, bombs, energy), upgradeable weapons and accessories, such as rocket and companions help to defeat the enemy in difficult battles.

Mahjong - $9.99 / Ł8.99 / €9.99 (Nov 13)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Play a Zen game! Rediscover the famous traditional Chinese game. Find all the matching pairs of tiles, being careful not to become blocked in, to get to the end of each level. Concentration and perceptiveness are needed to finish the gorgeous boards that we have produced for you.

Mars: Chaos Menace - $9.99 / Ł8.99 / €9.99 (Nov 16)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
We are in the Terraforming age after saving our homeworld, Earth, which was collapsed by radioactive contamination and the depletion of resources. Now, humans are successfully colonizing nearby planets, using technology to adapt these inhospitable and hostile places. For the first time in our existence we feel in harmony with everything. But our activity and progress has attracted huge and warp monsters that only wish to devastate and sterilize planets by destroying the whole way of life. We had forgotten, chaos is the natural state of the universe ...

Mimpi Dreams - $9.99 / Ł8.99 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Mimpi is a lazy doggy who becomes the “Superdog” in his dreams. Help him to save his friends by manipulating the environment of 7 original illustrated worlds in this charming mix of adventure, puzzle, and platformer. Mimpi pees on everything to mark his dream territory like dogs are supposed to. In his dreams, he becomes the dog hero, who rescues and saves whoever is in need of rescuing or saving! Be it a lost pirate ship, a lab rat who wants to be free or a princess held by a dragon - Mimpi hero is here to save the day. Of course, Mimpi can not do it without his sidekick and that is YOU!

Mother Russia Bleeds - $14.99 / Ł13.49 / €14.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Mother Russia Bleeds is an ultra-violent co-op brawler overflowing with an unmistakable style and unforgettably brutal action for up to four players at once. Set in an alternate U.S.S.R, the story centers on a desperate crew of imprisoned street fighters that must overcome an oppressive criminal authority and forced drug addictions through any means necessary. Battle solo or alongside friends in an exceptional story mode campaign or harden your resolve in the savage Survival Mode.

My Riding Stables Life With Horses - $29.99 / Ł26.99 / €29.99 (Nov 13 NA / Aug 2 EU)
Make your dreams come true on the stud farm near the old mill: renovate your own riding school, look after your horses and tend the cute little foals. As well as wonderful rides, working in the stables and caring for the horses, you’ll have plenty of other exciting things to do!

Palm Reading Premium - $8.99 / Ł7.99 / €8.99 (Nov 14)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Palm Reading Premium is the most luxury and professional palmistry and chirology software out there developed by crazysoft. You can use it to analyze, read and master your palm lines and palm fingers without knowing anything of hand reading / palm reading. Understand yourself better with simple / quick and entertaining image tests. Get analytics of your own palm or your friend's palm and reveal all its secrets and future. This is no nonsense, it works. Test your left hand and you will see what you are. The right hand will show you how you want to be seen by others.

Pokemon: Let's Go, Eevee! - $59.99 / Ł49.99 / €59.99 ($99.99 / Ł ? / € ? w/ Pokeball Plus) (Nov 16)
Take your Pokémon™ journey to the Kanto region with your energetic partner, Eevee, to become a top Pokémon Trainer as you battle other trainers. Use a throwing motion to catch Pokémon in the wild with either one Joy-Con controller or Poké Ball Plus accessory, which will light up, vibrate, and make sounds to bring your adventure to life. Share your adventure with family or friends in 2-player action on one system using a second Joy-Con or Poké Ball Plus (sold separately). You can even connect to the Pokémon GO app using a compatible smartphone to bring over Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region! Explore the diverse and vibrant region of Kanto! True-to-size wild Pokémon roam around in the game, so catch them like a real Pokémon Trainer by using motion, timing, and a well-placed Poké Ball. Go on a stroll with your favorite Pokémon in your Poké Ball Plus! Connect your game directly to Pokémon GO to receive Kanto region Pokémon.

Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! - $59.99 / Ł49.99 / €59.99 ($99.99 / Ł ? / € ? w/ Pokeball Plus) (Nov 16)
Take your Pokémon journey to the Kanto region with your energetic partner, Pikachu, to become a top Pokémon Trainer as you battle other trainers. Use a throwing motion to catch Pokémon in the wild with either one Joy-Con controller or Poké Ball Plus accessory, which will light up, vibrate, and make sounds to bring your adventure to life. Share your adventure with family or friends in 2-player action on one system using a second Joy-Con or Poké Ball Plus (sold separately). You can even connect to the Pokémon GO app using a compatible smartphone to bring over Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region! Explore the diverse and vibrant region of Kanto! True-to-size wild Pokémon roam around in the game, so catch them like a real Pokémon Trainer by using motion, timing, and a well-placed Poké Ball. Go on a stroll with your favorite Pokémon in your Poké Ball Plus! Connect your game directly to Pokémon GO to receive Kanto region Pokémon.

Project Highrise: Architect's Edition - $39.99 / Ł29.99 / €39.99 (Nov 13 NA / Oct 26 EU)
Your job as the architect and developer is to build world-famous skyscrapers that will be the envy of the entire city, masterpieces of art and engineering. But a skyscraper is more than just steel and glass, it’s an intricate ecosystem, full of people that live and work in the building. They become a complex machine that needs your steady hand to keep it running smoothly and efficiently.

ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS - $4.99 / Ł3.99 / €4.49
Digital - [NA] [EU]
ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS is a game where you fly ROCKETS that rocket ROCKETS at other ROCKETS! The ultimate rush of arcade arena action, with the fluidity and amazing feel of soaring through space.

Sid Meier's Civilization VI - $59.99 / Ł44.99 / €49.99 (Nov 16)
Originally created by legendary game designer Sid Meier, Civilization is a turn-based strategy game in which you attempt to build an empire to stand the test of time. Explore a new land, research technology, conquer your enemies, and go head-to-head with history’s most renowned leaders as you attempt to build the greatest civilization the world has ever known. And now on Nintendo Switch, the quest to victory in Civilization VI can take place wherever, whenever. Civilization VI for Nintendo Switch includes the latest game updates and improvements and four pieces of additional content which adds four new civilizations, leaders, and scenarios:
Vikings Scenario Pack
Poland Civilization & Scenario Pack
Australia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Persia and Macedon Civilization & Scenario Pack

SNK 40th Anniversary Collection - $39.99 / Ł35.99 / €39.99 (Nov 13 NA / Nov 16 EU)
2018 marks the 40th anniversary of legendary studio SNK! To celebrate this extraordinary milestone, a variety of classic arcade games from SNK's golden age are coming back together in one anthology on Nintendo Switch. SNK 40th ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION is packed full of retro games and a treasure trove of features!

Soap Dodgem - $6.89 / Ł6.19 / €6.89
Digital - [NA] [EU]
In Soap Dodgem your goal is to help your happy soap friends get back to their soap holders and clean as many mold creatures on the way as you can. Use a familiar sliding puzzle gameplay with unique bathroom obstacles! Every level holds one mysterious Golden Bubble which you can use to unlock a new chapter faster. Finish the 120 levels campaign or play other player’s creations in the cloud! Create your own levels in the built-in editor and share it with the World!

Solitaire Battle Royale - $9.99 / Ł7.69 / €8.59 (Nov 15 NA / Nov 16 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Equipped with battle mode! In this two-player battle mode, compete for clear speed! Of course, you can play it carefully by yourself. Beginners can enjoy it too! There is also a mode that you can play easily! There are 3000 tasks to complete! Fill out the "collection" by clears to color the game screen! The game screen decorated with "collection" can also be used on the competition screen. Joy-Con or play with touch! Play with your favorite style!

Super Hydorah - $ ? / Ł17.89 / €19.95
Digital - [NA] [EU]
An evil force has launched an invasion over the Omios star! Fly with the space fleet in a campaign to liberate planets, destroy enemy bases and discover the misterious force behind the attack. Biomechanical enemies, space creatures, exotic planets and climatic threats are waiting for you, so select a route, equip your ship and prepare to die! Super Hydorah is a side scroller non-linear SHMUP which gives the player a challenging experience with the best from the greatest classics of the genre: straightforward action, old school visuals and a wide array of content with unique space settings.

Tinboy - $1.99 / Ł1.79 / €1.99 (Nov 15 NA / Nov 13 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Tinboy is a puzzle-platformer, with a high difficulty level. A brilliant scientist creates a humanoid little robot. She then tests her creation by placing it in different environments. Using a special bow, the robot must reach the exit of every environment. Take control of the robot and solve the scientist’s 60 puzzles.

Toast Time: Smash Up! - $9.99 / Ł7.99 / €8.99 (Nov 16)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Fresh from the oven, Toast Time: Smash Up brings the unique toast-based recoil/reload action from cult smash hit Toast Time to the multiplayer brawler/esports genre. Inter-dimensional time-blob beasties have sailed the cosmos in pursuit of spare time, and now on an idyllic Monday morning, they've found it, tasted it... Assume the role of TERRY (Toast-Ejecting Recoil & Reload System) - a humble and solitary toaster with an uncontrollable love for English breakfasts, hats and scheduling – and 'lay the table' for your unexpected guests. Launch toast, crumpets and magnitudes of other breakfast paraphernalia at the beasties. Bounce around and crush them with your hot metallic mass. Tip over bins, and use the environments to your advantage. Drink a little coffee and go a little crazy. Do everything it takes to defend toast time – you are Monday morning's final hope. Have your toast and eat it.

Trailblazers - $26.99 / Ł24.99 / €29.99
Get ready for high-speed thrills with an explosion of colour in Trailblazers, the first-ever second-to-second co-operative arcade racer. Paint the track as you go to dynamically change the racing line, boost on your team's colour and outwit the opposition in a sprint for the finish. The more you paint, the faster you can go! Trailblazers is an innovative co-operative racer with groundbreaking on-track gameplay. Racing in teams of up to three-versus-three, players paint the track to create the best racing line, then use that paint to boost up to insane speeds. Drive with flair and style to gain skill points and blaze your way to victory! Experience blistering high-speed action with up to six players online, or locally via split-screen for up to four local players with additional online or AI-controlled challengers.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Solitaire Battle Royale was not what I was hoping it would be

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

how long’s it been since you saw a CONGRATURATIONS in the wild. nintendo’s switch is truly breathing new life into gaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
One of the ATC games on the 3DS had an onscreen ":siren:ARERT" to indicate an imminent collision in the English version that never got fixed.