Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Obeast posted:

The only one I've played is Xevious, which is a pretty good version that some people find to be easier than the non-3D versions since you can easily distinguish air targets from ground targets.

I've heard Excitebike is pretty good since the track editor actually works in that you can save your custom tracks (I dunno if you can share them online, which would be loving awesome IMO), but the 3D effect is purely cosmetic (although it does look pretty nice from the video in the eShop).

Kid Icarus is supposed to be okay as well since they brought back the save feature that was only on the Famicom Disk System version and took out the slowdown from too many sprites being on screen. Again, the 3D effect is cosmetic, but I dunno how I feel about the backgrounds since they look a little out of place with the original sprites.

Edit: I just watched the 3D Classics Kid Icarus video again... The dungeon backgrounds actually look much better than the outdoor backgrounds since they use the original sprites.

Then of course there's Urban Champion, which makes a good gag gift. From my understanding the guys working on this one really put a lot of effort into the 3D to make it fun and interesting, but at the end of the day, it's still Urban Champion. Here's the review from my favorite site for eShop reviews: link

Kirby is the most shallow from what I've heard. If you like the game or have never played it, get it because of that, but don't get it because it's a "3D Classic."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I would love them to make a Virtual Boy Virtual Console just so we could see an official re-release of VB Wario Land. I don't even care if it doesn't have 3D.

Reggie Fils-Aime said that the Virtual Boy is the only Nintendo system he is unfamiliar with. Probably the only way inform him about it is to make one into a helmet and slam one onto his head at a public appearance. Which, while being good for the system's publicity, would also look really loving cool, like something from a sci-fi film.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jan 1, 2013

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

BiggerJ posted:

Reggie Fils-Aime said that the Virtual Boy is the only Nintendo system he is unfamiliar with. Probably the only way inform him about it is to make one into a helmet and slam one onto his head at a public appearance. Which, while being good for the system's publicity, would also look really loving cool, like something from a sci-fi film.

Be careful what you wish for.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

absolutely anything posted:

I forgot that the kind of people who would do this are good with function, not form. Their right hemispheres are not all that fabbo.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

Looks like some horrible mind washing device.

:getin:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Edoraz posted:

Looks like some horrible mind washing device.

:getin:

I prefer mind quenching

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo European XL-owning dudes, your free games have gone live.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yo European XL-owning dudes, your free games have gone live.

I think I've actually managed to delete the email I got with the code (on a loving gmail account to boot; I hardly ever delete anything) and it guess it was removed from trash since it's older that four weeks. Sent an email to Club Nintendo support because you can't even check what/if you ordered or have them resend it but I feel like the biggest idiot.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

That is an impressive and jealousy inspiring promotion. I had forgotten that was a thing. Go Europe! Apparently you can still cash in on that until the 15th, so go buy a 3DS XL.

I'll just sit here with my, uh. Hmm. Well, I got my Wii U before you did. So there's that.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yo European but not Nordic XL-owning dudes because gently caress you guys ahahaha, your free games have gone live.

t:mad: you Nintendo

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
I only registered my XL yesterday, how long did it take you guys to get a code?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Are any of the 1.99 3DS Eshop games worthwhile? I have 2.19 on my 3DS right now.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (January 3):

quote:

WIIWARE
    Vampire Crystals - 1000 Points
3DS eSHOP
    Touch Battle Tank 3D - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Ghosts 'n Goblins (NES) €4.99 / £4.49
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    New Art Academy DLC Lessons - €1.99 / £1.79 each
  • Life Drawing
  • Paint like Turner
DSIWARE
    Crystal Adventure - 200 Points / €1.99 / £1.79

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Anatharon posted:

Are any of the 1.99 3DS Eshop games worthwhile? I have 2.19 on my 3DS right now.

I think NA is getting Gunman Clive this week, so that makes one. I don't think any of the others are worth getting. Most of the $2 DSiWare stuff is junk, too, unless you really need a sudoku game.

There are a bunch of Game Boy games that go for $2.99, including Mole Mania, Game & Watch Gallery and some of the Kirby spinoffs.

I really should get around to finishing the OP someday...

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Anatharon posted:

There are a few, here and there. I don't memorize price off the top of my head, so have a link: link.

That's just DSiWare.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008

Anatharon posted:

Aura Aura Climber,Escapee GO! and Candle Route are the best if you only want to spend 200 points. Look into Ace Mathician if you are willing to indulge on a cool concept with no polish.

Fight! For your kite! fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jan 3, 2013

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'd definitely recommend Aura Aura Climber. There's a surprising amount of content in there for a $2 game.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I found myself entertained enough by that 10 second run game.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Another game got pulled from the Wii Virtual Console store. This time it was the Super NES version of SimCity.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Yechezkel posted:

Another game got pulled from the Wii Virtual Console store. This time it was the Super NES version of SimCity.

drat what a shame. I had that on my VC since Day 1. Kinda odd to lose it since it's more Nintendo then EA for that release. Did the Sims Earth release on the Turbo-Graphic 16 get pulled too?

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

:dukedog:

I prefer mind quenching

This is probably better for one's neck than the official stand.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
If a game gets pulled from the VC and you had previously purchased it, do you then lose access to that game?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Haraksha posted:

If a game gets pulled from the VC and you had previously purchased it, do you then lose access to that game?

Nope. I have R-Type (TG-16) on Wii VC and was able to redownload it recently to my Wii U with no problem. It should be the same for 3DS stuff.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (January 3):

quote:

WIIWARE
    Vampire Crystals - 1000 Points
3DS eSHOP
    Touch Battle Tank 3D - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Ghosts 'n Goblins (NES) €4.99 / £4.49
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    New Art Academy DLC Lessons - €1.99 / £1.79 each
  • Life Drawing
  • Paint like Turner
DSIWARE
    Crystal Adventure - 200 Points / €1.99 / £1.79

NA update (January 3):

quote:

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Code of Princess - $39.99
3DS eSHOP
    Air Hockey 3D - $4.99
    Gunman Clive - $1.99
    Unchained Blades - $29.99
DSIWARE
    Galaxy Saver - 200 Points / $1.99
    Snowboard Extreme - 200 Points / $1.99

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What was the point of having a Wii U Elite Club if they are not even going to release any new games to buy?

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Rirse posted:

What was the point of having a Wii U Elite Club if they are not even going to release any new games to buy?
To sucker people into getting it at launch so they don't "miss out".

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I'm more annoyed that TVii is basically useless if you have a higher-end receiver. You can have surround-sound or a TVii that actually works, but not both.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Pyrovile posted:

To sucker people into getting it at launch so they don't "miss out".

it lasts until the end of 2014 so I think they have a little bit of time

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
I haven't got a code for my free game yet. I registered my 3dsxl in November sometime but i don't know what to do next. Can anyone help?

HicRic
Dec 4, 2006
To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity.

Noticeable Dickvein posted:

I haven't got a code for my free game yet. I registered my 3dsxl in November sometime but i don't know what to do next. Can anyone help?

Sign in to club nintendo on the website, click on "my account". On that page you should see your stars balance on the left. If you look to the right (past the picture of a woman) there's an arrow pointing right. Click on it and it'll scroll to a promotion for the free game. I registered my 3DS XL back when it came out in europe and it's waiting for me there. I've never had a code or email from nintendo about it.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

HicRic posted:

Sign in to club nintendo on the website, click on "my account". On that page you should see your stars balance on the left. If you look to the right (past the picture of a woman) there's an arrow pointing right. Click on it and it'll scroll to a promotion for the free game. I registered my 3DS XL back when it came out in europe and it's waiting for me there. I've never had a code or email from nintendo about it.

Thanks bro.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Heads up for anyone who hasn't taken advantage, today is the last day Mario Party 2, Metroid 2, 1080 Snowboarding, and 3D Classics: TwinBee are available to buy with coins on Club Nintendo. I assume they change the games out at midnight PST, but I'm not 100% sure.

Edit: TwinBee is actually pretty awesome. The 3D effect is nice and the game seems a lot easier once you get the multiple ship and firepower upgrade (although it's still pretty tough IMO).

Obeast fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 6, 2013

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Obeast posted:

Heads up for anyone who hasn't taken advantage, today is the last day Mario Party 2, Metroid 2, 1080 Snowboarding, and 3D Classics: TwinBee are available to buy with coins on Club Nintendo. I assume they change the games out at midnight PST, but I'm not 100% sure.

I think they get changed out 1 EST tomorrow.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
The Club Nintendo Games of the Month:

Tetris (3DS) - 150 Coins
Snowpack Park (Wii) - 150 Coins (This one's been up before I believe)
Punch-Out (3DS) - 200 Coins
Mario Kart 64 (Wii) - 200 Coins

Pretty good, this is a great chance for people to pick up MK64 if they don't have it already.

Though I would probably avoid getting Punch-Out on the 3DS unless you have an XL.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Coin prices are going up...

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

The Club Nintendo Games of the Month:

Tetris (3DS) - 150 Coins
Snowpack Park (Wii) - 150 Coins (This one's been up before I believe)
Punch-Out (3DS) - 200 Coins
Mario Kart 64 (Wii) - 200 Coins

Pretty good, this is a great chance for people to pick up MK64 if they don't have it already.

Though I would probably avoid getting Punch-Out on the 3DS unless you have an XL.

Blah. I'd go for Punch-Out if it wasn't one Wii game more expensive than the games normally are.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

elf help book posted:

Coin prices are going up...

Goddamned Toadstool 1% buying more castles than they need.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Goddamned Toadstool 1% buying more castles than they need.

It's that drat cake tax! DOWN WITH THE MONARCHY! :argh:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Occupy Mushroom Kingdom

Can we talk about how awesome Fluidity Spin Cycle is? Because it's really awesome. I like that it's split up into puzzle-stages, it lets them do a bigger variety of puzzles and not have to worry about a coherent map and all that bullshit from the first game. Also the rainbow sprites are :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

Is Unchained Blades or Crimson Shroud any good? I am looking for a good JRPG I don't know anything about Unchained Blades but I read that Crimson Shroud uses a dice roll mechanic that sounds interesting.