Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
It would be nice if we got some more core market games though. Where is CoD, Assassin's Creed and GTA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Har har.

No, I'm just a bit annoyed that since getting my 3DS on release I've managed to enjoy, what, three or four games for it? I just wish we got more proper software support from first and third parties rather than endless shovelware :(

I'm serious. CoD, AC and GTA were all on DS.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Saoshyant posted:

And the only good one of those was GTA and it sold gently caress all, so they aren't making more. Considering how shovelware-ish the Vita's AC and COD are do you really want them on the 3DS? The companies behind them will never put their own studios working on handheld versions, leaving it to be outsourced to the lowest bidder.

I don't care if they're inferior, the 3DS is a lot more powerful than the DS and at least they would be present. They belong on the 3DS as much as any other system, at least make an attempt. Maybe some aspect of it will work and can be applied in a game of a similar genre by a different developer.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

katkillad2 posted:

I really wish they would have let it be known from the beginning there was potential for that kind of DLC before I sold my copy :smith:.

There was this http://www.computerandvideogames.com/379055/new-super-mario-bros-u-to-receive-dlc-courses/

You should have read my summary in the Wii U thread :catbert:

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

katkillad2 posted:

I read the first post I promise! Also now that I see that article i'm sure I read that as well at some point. I think I just assumed it was going to be more like bonus levels to play modes like they did with coin rush or whatever and less likely that it would be almost a new game entirely with Luigi.

Well, I don't think anyone quite expected that.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Regy Rusty posted:

I definitely think they're the best of the 2D Zeldas.

The connectivity between the two is really cool as well.

Have you played all the 2D Zeldas? I will defend Link's Awakening with my life.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
Link's Awakening has the most impressive 8 bit music ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOo5yr76RJs

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
There are two more USB ports under the front hatch.

VV Cool

AngryCaterpillar fucked around with this message at 13:10 on May 15, 2013

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
It's sort of like Episodes from Liberty City for GTA4. Same assets, different levels. Plus it has the thief Nabbit as an invincible multiplayer charcter, who can't power up but none the less can steal other players' items. It's bound to have other new stuff. Maybe the last boss this time will be weegee.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Magossa posted:

My TV does have huge input lag, but that's not it since I used the gamepad. I played some more of it and I still don't like the feel. I think I know what it might be that's bothering me though. The camera. For some reason, my mind can't comprehend the way it follows Mario around. It almost makes me nauseous. It reminds me of classic Sonic games, which I can't play ether because of the camera.

Also, I want to let everyone know that I don't hate the game at all. I :swoon:LOVE:swoon: the music and sounds and graphics and all that jazz, I'm just kind of disappointed that I can't play it correctly because of how weird it feels to me. Hope everyone understands :).

You can use L and R to pan left and right to some extent if you want to adjust it.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Spiffster posted:

Oh god you may have convinced me to buy it just to gimp myself for 7 whole stages. Plus it's fun to play through his stage after the Airship crashes.

For those with Deluxe Wii U's can you use the code you get from purchasing 50 dollars worth of games on your 3DS? I think I will be getting one soon and would love to use it for Zelda.

Yes, you can use the code to fund your 3DS wallet, but you can't earn anything from buying things on 3DS.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Minidust posted:

Super Mario RPG is a regular $8 game on the Wii Virtual Console, right? Just want to make sure I can still get if I pass on the current Club Nintendo coin promotion.

Yes it's $8 in NA.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Ularg posted:

I've played Donkey Kong Country before. Not on a console I actually owned, went to a friends house for that. I just can't see the appeal for me. I wish they would add Super Metroid to the 3DS VC. Metroid 1 and 2 are all well and good but c'mon!

I've got a big old gap on my 3DS home screen. Metroid, Metroid 2, _______, Metroid 4.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

RMZXAnarchy posted:

More like if they ever release the Super Mario Advance games on the VC (Fat chance but its still a chance.) they'll all have Mario Bros. and that version doesn't have the awkward jumping of the original.

Maybe they'll just wait a few years, get people to buy both.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
I think it's quite good. Lots of game modes (including an amusing one where you drop stairs for a little man to climb up), nice presentation and music, and still active online multiplayer.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Zaphod42 posted:

If the Wii U can play the Wii VC games in Wii mode, then all it would take for those VC games to be on Wii U proper is a software update by Nintendo.

They may not want to do that though so they can make you buy new things or some other :tinfoil: I dunno

There needs to be a Mii Channel, data management and SD card menu specifically for Wii software, which could potentially be confusing to have in the Wii U menu, but I don't see why they couldn't give Wii-relevant icons a border that was clearly labelled "Wii", and keep them all in their own folder on the home screen.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I have $8 in my account and need 5 coins to reach gold for the year.
What should I buy on 3DS?
I'm not done with Pushmo and will get Crashmo later.
3D Picross is the only Picross for me.
I played all the Game Boy stuff when it was new.

I'm leaning toward Mighty Switch Force (which is better?), Ketzal's Corridors, and Crimson Shroud.

e: Aero Porter looks fun.

You could always spend $2 and get 10 coins for a Game & Watch game. They're replicated really well.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Spacebump posted:

If I have already hit platinum on Club Nintendo this year, should I hold off on registering anything until after July 1st?

Yes you should absolutely.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

A Yolo Wizard posted:

Why do they keep doing coin stuff for wii vc instead of wii u?

Number of Wii owners: 100 million
Number of Wii U owners: 3 million

But also, they make money from people with the Wii VC games to upgrading to/repurchasing the Wii U VC versions.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Box of Bunnies posted:

Petit Computer is apparantley amongst the EU releases this week. Betting it won't appear in Australia.

Doesn't matter. Australians can set their region to a EU country and retain any Australian funds if they switch back.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Rirse posted:

That a pretty nice deal if you got a deluxe, as you get the amount again when you spent the wallet funds.

Nintendo's deals aren't too bad, but all of them put together don't compare to Sony. Spend $50 in a year on Playstation and you get access to 64 games. Spend $600 in a year on Nintendo and you get a CD.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Champeenship posted:

Does anyone know if the Pikmin 3/Wonderful 101 promotion is happening in Australia too? I know most eShop deals tend be across all PAL regions, but then again, it's also Nintendo of Australia.

It's really a good idea to have an account set to a European country, you save around 20% on everything on the eShop by default and you'll get access to all their promotions. Australia is a ripoff.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Minidust posted:

I believe the $10 code you get from that can only be redeemed on Wii U.

This is not true, eShop funding codes work on both Wii U and 3DS provided they're set to the same country. I have yet to check if they give you DDP points though, but since you can also buy eShop credit in a store using cash I don't see why it wouldn't count it.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
Why is the DSiWare game Minis March Again the same price as the 3DS download game Minis on the Move :eng99:

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Mercury Crusader posted:

Probably because it was always that price and they just haven't changed it when the new game came out.

Or did you want a sarcastic answer?

Well my implication was more that games shouldn't stay the same price for so long that it's the same price as its successor at the same time

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Nintendo has never understood this concept.

That's why Mario Galaxy 1 was still $50 when Mario Galaxy 2 came out, at least until it was put in the Nintendo Selects label.

It's worse in Australia, NSMB and NSMB2 are both $60 in most places despite being from two different console generations.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Spacebump posted:

Is anyone else holding off on buying VC games until after the 4th? (when club nintendo changes which games can be bought with rewards points)

Yes, it makes sense if it's just a short wait. No point paying when you can get it for free.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

StevenM posted:

We had a copy of Mario Kart 7 between me and my brothers back when it was first released, for single-card multiplayer, but that cartridge seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. If I buy a copy of the game via eShop, can I still use that digital copy to play single-card multiplayer?

Yeah, it's exactly the same

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

RMZXAnarchy posted:

So I just got an email from Nintendo today saying that Donkey Kong will be available on the 3DS eShop on the 15th next week.

Naturally since its full price there's absolutely no reason to purchase it. They should've just put out a re-release of Original Version since that's a better release.

The arcade version was in DK64, but they've never put that on the VC for some unknown reason.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I was actually referring to the so called "Donkey Kong: Original Version" that they released last year for people who got a Digital copy of Sticker Star, Layton, Style Savvy or some Crosswords game. Its got the Pie Factory/Cement Factory level in it but its apparently more like the NES version and not the Arcade version (Though what differences are there really?)

Though I guess they'd rather just have that as some little special token instead of making it a regular release.

But yeah, the Arcade Version should've came out already. No excuse.

This is what it says on the Mario Wiki:

"Two different ports of Donkey Kong have appeared on Virtual Console. The first, released in 2006, is essentially a direct port of the NES version, while the second, entitled Donkey Kong Original Edition, attempted to adhere to the arcade version, and was pre-installed for the European release of the Mario 25th Anniversary limited edition red Wii in 2010. This version restored some missing animations and the level 50m, which was cut from the NES version, although Donkey Kong mistakenly stands still in this level, and while the port's graphics are an improvement to the NES port, it is still inferior to the true arcade version, which remains unavailable on Virtual Console. The latter port was made available on the Nintendo eShop in the US between October 1, 2012 and January 6, 2013, exclusively to members of Club Nintendo who have, within the aforementioned time frame, linked their systems to their Club Nintendo accounts and have purchased the downloadable version of one of five select 3DS titles (one of which was Paper Mario: Sticker Star). There are currently no plans for a wide release of this version in the U.S."

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

RMZXAnarchy posted:

The name of the game confuses me more than anything else.

Bumpie's Party? Who the gently caress is Bumpie?

I can only assume it's a portmanteau of bumping uglies.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
That coin DLC still isn't even down to the normal NA price :fuckoff:

AngryCaterpillar fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Aug 12, 2013

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

curiousCat posted:

I have $30 in my 3DS credit because I bought SMTIV and FE. Any recommendations?

What sort of thing do you like/have? Donkey Kong for Game Boy and for most people Zelda: Link's Awakening are essentials.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Regy Rusty posted:

I don't suppose there's any chance that they're going to add Link to the Past to the Wii U eShop in time for the sequel releasing in November, is there? I wanted to play it again before that one comes out, but currently my only option would be to add 1000 points to my Wii shop, on top of the 400 I already have, which would then leave me with 600 left sitting there uselessly.

Man the Wii point system was so stupid.

Nah, I would guess they'd probably release it at the same time. So you can either wait til then while keeping an eye on the Club Nintendo rewards, or buy it now and get an Art Style game or whatever with the 600 points.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Kurtofan posted:

So I'm liking Mario's Picross on 3DS and just saw Mario's Super Picross on the PAL Wii U eshop...

Is it worth it? I'm guessing the game is only in Japanese, even though I guess it's not too big of a deal for a puzzle game.

They've never put a game in Japanese on the PAL shop as far as I know?

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Does anyone know if the eShop version of bit.Trip Saga is eligible for Club Nintendo?

Only in the NA region. PAL people don't get CN coins/stars for eShop only games.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Sodium Chloride posted:

Yeah we do - 50 stars.

It must depend on the price; I remember buying cheap games from the eShop and not getting any stars at all.

Edit: Apparently they don't give stars for WiiWare or DSiWare anymore.

quote:

How many Stars do I get for the products that I register?
Welcome bonus for initial registration as a member of Club Nintendo = 250 Stars
Registration and completing the survey for hardware:
Wii U console = 1000 Stars
Nintendo 3DS = 750 Stars
Wii console = 1000 Stars
Nintendo DS = 500 Stars
Registration and completing the survey for packaged software:
Wii U software = 250 Stars
Nintendo 3DS software = 250 Stars
Wii software = 200-250 Stars
Nintendo DS software = 200-250 Stars
Downloading software on a console linked to Club Nintendo and completing the corresponding survey:
Wii U software that is also available in packaged form = 250 Stars
Nintendo 3DS software that is also available in packaged form = 250 Stars. Completing the survey within 28 days after download = additional 250 Stars
WiiWare on Wii, Nintendo DSiWare on Nintendo DSi or Nintendo DSi XL, Virtual Console on Wii = 50 Stars, (currently unavailable)

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Club-Nintendo/About-Club-Nintendo/How-to-get-Stars/How-to-get-Stars-622685.html#starsoverview

AngryCaterpillar fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 2, 2013

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

irlZaphod posted:

I was asking (genuinely) were there any major visual changes other than the obvious graphical upgrades.

All you said was that it was now 3D...

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

irlZaphod posted:

That's not all I said.

It was more like

(You) :colbert: It's not like they changed the graphics beyond the 3D.
(People) :raise: Er...
(You) :colbert: Okay so beyond the complete graphical overhaul, what did they change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

irlZaphod posted:

Don't be obtuse, I wasn't saying that the 3D was the only graphical change. They have both received graphical updates, but as far as I know (or knew) the only other difference between what was done with both games is the 3D in OoT.

I see. WW isn't remodelled with increased polygons, it only has different superficial effects applied to it like 1080p. Hence the difference between WWHD and OoT3D was more than just the 3D effect.