Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

YourAverageJoe posted:

The Wii wouldn't be able to run a low-level emulator like BSNES. What Nintendo does is exactly the type of emulation Byuu goes out of his way to condemn; a high level base emulator with injected hacks to work out most of the kinks.

Well, the key difference is that Nintendo is only interested in getting that specific game to work on the Wii, so they'll build whatever hacks they need to in order to get the game to work properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Rirse posted:

Man the EU version of Nintendo is so much better then NoA. Still not even got Wario Land 2 and you get sales and Wario Land 3. Sometimes wish Reggie would just resign already.

Yeah, but on the plus side, we don't have to pay 64 bucks for Paper Mario Sticker Star, so I don't think we come out so bad.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I get what you posted. Ok, so they should wrap those gba games in a 3ds compatible emulator then, that would allow it to work like a normal 3ds game. Same with snes games

That's easier said than done. They just might not be able to write an emulator that could do what they need it to do with high performance.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

greatn posted:

Im not sure why they have the emulator packed with every game. Why not make the emulators part of the systems and update them accordingly? You'd save space not downloading the same code again with every rom.

I think it's because they have the emulator tailored to play that specific game and to make sure that the experience would be as close to playing it on the original hardware as possible. There might be issues with some of the other wrapper stuff you expect from a VC game - like the manual and poo poo, but I don't know about that.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

ChaosArgate posted:

I'm almost certain this is it. Like, with some homebrew tools, you can inject roms into various VC games to have them run, such as Snowboard Kids 2 into Ocarina of Time, but chances are, the injected rom won't work because the emulator you just put it in isn't compatible with it.

Back in the Xbox 360 days, when they were doing compatibility profiles for Xbox games, there would be times where the update would include games like "Barbie's Pony Adventure" or something similar that chances are, core gamers who cared about backwards compatibility wouldn't care about.

What happened was basically they got one game working, and then they discovered it also allowed people to play these other games, so we got them as freebies.