Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I'm disappointed, I have everything on that list I'd be interested in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

ImpAtom posted:

Mega Man X is in Project X Zone 2, confirmed for American release!!

I'm down, especially because out of like 20 confirmed characters something like five of them are ninjas already. Ninja partyyyyyy

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

The thing about Conception 2 is that, putting the premise behind it aside, the party making is pretty interesting, especially with the combination skills that come from having certain classes put together in the same unit. This is absolutely undermined by the fact that the combat is super bad in that you pretty much never have to put any thought into anything about it.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

So far I've only tried out three of those nindie games. Freedom Planet feels better than I expected, except the bar for her charge up dash thing fills up a little more slowly than I would like after use. Maybe that's upgradable during gameplay though.

Typoman is interesting, although the demo level is basically everything you see in the trailer for the game linked earlier. There's one puzzle in there that could have multiple solutions, though, so that's cool.

The one demo level of Extreme Exorcism felt too samey and uninterestingly arcadey.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

mabels big day posted:

Please buy the Ace Attorney Trilogy.

I have. I've bought it multiple times in my life because I am dumb. I'm also thinking about playing through it again, probably also because I am dumb.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

MykonosFan posted:

I wish we were getting a demo for LBX. I know I could just watch videos on YouTube but it's really the kind of game I'd like to try before buying. I'm hoping it can fill the hole in my heart Custom Robo GC left. This game's combat seems a bit deliberately slower than that, and who knows if the humor is as charmingly meta. Fingers crossed that LBX is cool though

I'm enjoying it so far, although I'm still basically in the beginning of the game.

Also LBX related, but the main website has six passwords hidden around it that you can punch in once you unlock the save points. Here's a list of them:

4x3grIND
8aDDr3am
op3nD80x
alFa7H3r
8igs7iCK
HIghn3$$

The codes unlock either an entire armor set or a weapon for purchase at the shop. The only one that's affordable at the beginning of the game is the last one, which is actually purchasable as soon as you have the freedom to buy things as long as you find the chest in the main character's backyard and sell the medal therein for more money.

Edit: A 7th code: w0LFGUnr

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 21, 2015

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Echophonic posted:

Yokai demo's up. So is DBZ.

The Stella Glow demo, however, is not up. Is it coming tomorrow or something?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

The Stella Glow demo is up but near as I can tell you have to actively search the game out since the demo doesn't even show up in Recent Arrivals -> New Software at the moment.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Mordiceius posted:

Never played Shining Force either, so have no idea what that means. Final Fantasy Tactics is my favorite SRPG though.

The comparison to Shining Force here means that, while your characters will level up and learn new abilities, you can't branch them out into other classes to learn those abilities like you can in FFT. This lends itself to having characters that are more specialized at certain things, although at least a few characters in Stella Glow are pretty well-rounded in terms of what they can do. The base gameplay is a lot like FFT in that you have a turn order you can reference that is affected by things moving/acting, you can move and then act or act and then move, etc. There are some differences, though, like gaining a level completely restoring a character's HP and SP.

For better or for worse, I made a pretty long post in the 3DS thread about my thoughts/impressions on Stella Glow after playing through five chapters, so here's that if you want some more info about it and what it does differently from other SRPGs: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700920&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=478#post453020720

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I bought the one Amiibo that did a cool thing for a game I liked (Link unlocking the Spinner in Hyrule Warriors). If an Amiibo ever has a similar cool thing attached to it for a different game I like, that'd probably be the only way I'd buy another Amiibo.

However, I can definitely imagine Nintendo underestimating the amount of people who bought them just to have them as opposed to overestimating the people who bought them for functionality.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

EO4 is really good and I say that as someone who doesn't like drawing the maps much.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Saoshyant posted:

There's a pretty good one on the DS/3DS, "Bomberman 2". Review.

I cannot recommend this one enough. It didn't come out in NA but that doesn't matter because as a DS game it's region free.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Shoehead posted:

So just to be clear cos I heard it before but I'm not sure if its right. You buy a cart or download of one game and then you buy the other two parts from the DLC menu in game for the discount right? Or is it just part 3 that is in the dlc menu?

Also holy crap its finally almost out in Europe!

Both other routes will be purchasable in the in-game DLC menu. Note that you have to play to just past the route split to actually unlock the map location where you can do that, though.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Maybe this will be the time I finally give in and buy Demon's Crest.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Lemon-Lime posted:

Also since I'm an idiot who's bought this game 4 times so far, I just bought an active fine-point capacitative stylus to use with it. :suicide:

So, I'm an idiot who has bought the game 2 times but played through it like 4 and who also knows next to nothing about styluses for touch devices. Would you mind providing info on the one you selected? The one I found on Amazon that's active touch is 2mm and says it lasts up to 12 hours on a charge but there are no reviews or comments on it which always seems like kind of a red flag.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Yep, that's the same one I found via Google. I'll be looking forward to your review, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Does World of Final Fantasy not have a physical release for Switch? I can only find the Xbox version for the Maxima release.

Everything I saw when looking it up suggested digital only.