Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That kind of fix is simple and universal though, and it's about as complex as "When Disk_Change_wait triggers, GOTO Disk2.iso"

Microsoft's engineers were actively working on it for at least half a year, so... I'm guessing that's not what it was like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Party Meiser posted:

Nope. There are phone games that don't run on newer versions of the os' if the devs don't update. The world ends with you on ios was straight up removed from the app store awhile ago, I don't know if they've released a fixed version for more recent ios released or if squeenix doesn't give a gently caress.

It was back up within a few months.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Rirse posted:

So might even call the King's Game or Ball Chess.

Hehe, is this a Monster Factory reference?

Now I want to rewatch the Daz episode.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

jivjov posted:

Every game will be someone's first game in the genre. Or maybe even first game overall.

That doesn't justify not giving the option to skip tutorials.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Fremry posted:

Mario and Luigi Dream Team was literally my first Mario RPG, and the first JRPG style game I played since Dragon Warrior on the NES in the early 90's.

I hope you've gone back and played Mario RPG and Paper Mario since!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Fremry posted:

golf putting sim

I'd be very interested to see the real-life bizarre golf putting that Kirby's Dream Course is apparently a simulation of.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

jivjov posted:

More than 10 people bought the Wii U too; what's your point?

You see, there are these things called "hyperbole", and "figurative language"...

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

Here's this week's drop.

Thanks for the update, they're very much appreciated!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

Same, but I would instantly start trying to stuff dollar bills into my Switch Dock if they announced a new, modern Battle Chess.

Hell, all they have to do is get a licensing deal with Warner Bros to rebrand it as Wizards Chess, and they could rake in the $.

(Man, I miss Battle Chess 3D)

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

If I loved RE4, but found Mercenaries kinda stressful, will I like Revelations?

I think I just disliked the race-against-the-clock part paired with that gameplay.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Augus posted:

I just watched a video where the guy specifically said he hated the race-against-the-clock stuff from Mercenaries and absolutely loved Raid Mode because it gives you tons of increasingly challenging levels to play through without any time limit, so you should be good.

Cool, thanks, maybe I'll add them to my wishlist/check them out, then.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Agent Escalus posted:

OK, must be a browser error, a .ca site thing, or maybe they only won't let you add prepaid card to your wallet ahead of time, because I didn't have that show up for me at all. (Whereas via the systems I can add to my wallet for later, my preferred method.)

It is available on the Canadian site, but yeah, only when you're making a purchase, you can't add them ahead of time.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Alec Eiffel posted:

Someone who has knowledge of these things should let me know which Wario games (not WarioWare) starting with Super Mario Land 3 or whatever, are worth playing.

Why not WarioWare?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

jivjov posted:

"Blatant cashgrab"....you know companies exist to sell things for money, right?

So? How does that preclude the possibility that things can be overpriced/cashgrabs?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I'd also rank Okami as the best Capcom-made Zelda, by far. And I say that actually having liked the Oracle games!

I hadn't played it since the Wii, and I am so glad I re-bought it. It holds up well, and the joycon motion controls for the brush are so much better than the wiimote version's.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Can you use a button-press for the weapons in the Switch version? Because using wiimote waggle meant any weapon but the Beads was pointless.

Yup! I don't think waggle-to-attack is even an option, afaik.

The whole thing feels way smoother than playing it on Wii did. Still get the occasional lovely line or circle, but it's not too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

How would this control without the touch screen? Or would it be like that one game that came out that requires touch screen only.

I play FTL on Steam with the Steam controller, it works fine.

It wasn't originally a touchscreen game.