Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

thexerox123 posted:

Considering they just started selling the mini Wii, I would hope not!

You do know that the mini Wii has no internet capability, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

I'm actually more excited about Gargoyle's Quest 2 and Demon's Crest hitting the eShop on the 30th!

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/10/20/demons-crest-gargoyles-quest-2-invade-eshop-on-october-30/

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

An awesome day just got better. I've been asking if I'd be able to buy the soundtrack but I wasn't expecting the *same day*.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

PneumonicBook posted:

I'm definitely going to buy Demon's Crest, and I want to get Gargoyle's Quest 2 but I'm not sure if I want it on Wii U or 3DS. Just going to take this opportunity to say once again that it's dumb that Nintendo doesn't have cross buy.

Yeah, I agree with that. I'd buy it on 3DS just so you can have it on the go.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL update (week of November 6):

Heads up on Ultimate NES Remix: it's the same game as NES Remix 1/2 but it's missing 12 of the games and all the Miiverse functionality and it costs twice as much as it would on Wii U. Yippee!

I was wondering what stuff was missing. But costs double? I thought the price was comparative to buying 1 and 2 on the Wii U.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

The DS with a Supercard DSTWO handled GBA and SNES emulation decently, though not perfectly. I sincerely doubt that the 3DS only puts out as much or just slightly more power than a DS plus the Supercard's co-processor.

The problem is using its power while also having ready access to the backend and having all the bells and whistles the other VC games have.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

I just managed to pricematch Link Between Worlds for 20 bucks at Walmart.

Do note if they look it up on their phone the price will show up waaaaay down below recommended items for some crazy reason.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Nondevor posted:

So do you just walk in and say, "Hey I want to price match this game" and they look it up? I don't really do these things.

Pretty much, but it's gotta be by actual noted stores now and not some bumfuck Amazon reseller like when those cheap PS4s happened.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I get what you posted. Ok, so they should wrap those gba games in a 3ds compatible emulator then, that would allow it to work like a normal 3ds game. Same with snes games

If you read the article you'd realize that's much easier said than done.

less laughter posted:

They might put GBA games on the 3DS VC as New3DS exclusives

People keep saying that and hoping but considering nothing official or unofficially floated was said people shouldn't get their hopes up JUST YET.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Edit: Nope was just confused about something, never mind.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Slur posted:

Fixed for you.

He was right the first time: Link Between Worlds is fantastic. :v:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

your evil twin posted:

Ah OK I shall dutifully scratch the cards on my other games then before the codes expire.

Annoyingly I don't seem to have gotten 1000 stars for the Wii-U itself. I know the Wii-U doesn't come with a card to scratch off, the instructions said to create a Club Nintendo account using the card from a game and then tie my e-shop account to the club nintendo account. I did so, it all seems successfully registered and tied together, but I haven't gotten any points or a survey for the Wii-U.

I did get a 1000 points due to registering code that came with my ancient Wii, though. Still had the card!

I believe for the Wii U you want to use the serial number as the code itself.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

So I've got a bunch of digital titles on my 32gb card. Biggest ones being Kid Icarus at 12904, Layton vs Wright at 11218, Pokemon X at 13799. I've got 15 pages of software on my management screen with 5 titles each.

I've *still* got 131,665 open blocks left.

That 32gb card cost me 14 bucks. Space should seriously not be a concern unless you've got a tiny card.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

I find myself confused why space is being complained about considering a 32gb card is involved.

But he is right in one regard: There's absolutely no way to find out how many blocks a game takes up until you've got enough money to pay for it.

And that's a bit silly.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Zaphod, I agreed with you that not being able to see the number of blocks before you buy it is kind of dumb. Chill, man.

And it was complained about before. But that *was* about space primarily, not just about being able to see how many blocks a thing is first.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

less laughter posted:

GameRankings ranks them as follows:

1. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 93.03%
2. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow 90.35%
3. Castlevania: Circle of the Moon 88.11%
4. Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow 87.90%
5. Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia 85.67%
6. Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance 85.12%
7. Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin 84.98%

So it's really just splitting hairs.

Why is Order of Ecclesia so low? That is some bullshit. :colbert:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

I am well aware of that. I am waiting because I do not want to spend Coins on something that I want, then find out it was available as a Gold/Platinum reward and that there is nothing else available for G/P that really interests me. There are a handful of things, quite literally about 5, available as coin rewards right now that I want, so I could very easily find myself in a situation where I have currency to spend that I cannot give away, but there is nothing I wish to buy.

In short, I am waiting for Nintendo to put all of their cards on the table before I show my hand.

I thought Gold and Platinum rewards didn't cost coins. There was just a list you could pick one of by hitting that goal.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

WayForward posted:

Nintendo 3DS eShop (3/12/-3/19, North America, Europe, Australia/New Zealand):
– Mighty Switch Force! (3DS) – 75% off
– Mighty Switch Force! 2 (3DS) – 75% off
– Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (3DS) – 25% off

Nintendo Wii U eShop (3/12/-3/19, North America, Europe, Australia/New Zealand):
– Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (Wii U) – 75% off
– Mighty Switch Force! 2 (Wii U) – 75% off
– Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (Wii U) – 25% off

Those are the relevant bits from their website.

https://wayforward.com/news/2015/03/celebrating-25-years-of-games/

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Sad to see Cooking Mama going down the Senran Kagura route

Oh god, I had no idea what you meant at first and the first scenario that popped into mind was just the worst.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

Yeah and Other M is actually an excellent game.

Okay, let's not start saying poo poo we can't take back.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Ffffffffffffuck Bayou Billy.

On the flip side, gently caress Yeah Drill Dozer!

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

the GBA port of MM&B is not great. MMBN3 is weird: the blue version got a bunch of bonus stuff that the white version is missing. However, I think the white version lets you use ninja form or whatever which was pretty sweet. Not that you can collect all the chips anyway without playing multiplayer. Anyway, MMBN3 is considered the best in the series, and I would agree.

Didn't Capcom make it so you can actually get all the chips without multiplayer in the VC release of MMBN2?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

SelenicMartian posted:

Nintendo is trying to sell Wii U Breath of the Wild on eshop for the same money as the Switch version. Meanwhile, the retaliers here are holding a fire sale and pushing it at 30% off already.

Why not share where these grand sale prices are at as I'd jump on that fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

inferis posted:

After owning a plasma tv with 100 ms of input lag the last three years it's nice to have a rhythm game that's actually playable again.

It is a very important thing that a lot of people don't realize has an impact! Even after Guitar Hero had a lag adjuster.

http://www.displaylag.com

This URL is your friend for getting a new tv in the future.