Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Echoing that sentiment.
Little Inferno is oddly addicting. And strangely compelling.

I know the $15 price tag is a little intimidating. But I love it, and I'm glad it was my first wii u eshop download.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

The Oracle games coming out on eShop is one of the best pieces of news. I'm so excited to grab them. Even though I somewhat recently played through both of them.

Having never played the Monster Hunter franchise, I think this demo is finally my time to check it out. We'll see how this turns out.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I always enjoyed Ages way more. But I can't deny both are fantastic games.

I'm pretty happy they're going to be on the VC soon, Both so I can have them on my 3DS and can play 'em again. And so new people can experience it. I know quite a few people who have never played them, and a lot that assumed it was a pokemon situation where both games were slight variations of the same game.

I hope NOA does the same promotion where you can get both games together for a discounted price, but I'm not going to get my hopes up too high.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Shantae on June 20th!

WayForward posted:

The original Shantae, oft referred to as the Game Boy Color's "swan song" will be belly dancing her way onto Virtual Console soon. Just take a gander at that shiny new box art! This beloved bit of gaming history was previously only available in North America. Not this time! Shantae will be making appearances in North America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand; wherever good times are had. Unfortunately we will not be able to announce a specific release date (June 20th) at this time. Check back angrily and often at https://www.wayforward.com to discover the Shantae's secret release date (that's June 20th) in the days and weeks ahead. See you on June 20th!

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Hah, So Ages is up for me, but Seasons still shows as 'Coming Soon'

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA is finally getting Picross-e this week, it'll set you back $5.99.

About drat time!
Guess I'll be grabbing it alongside MSF2.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Fancy Hat! posted:

There'll probably be a Nintendo Direct "One More Thing" Eshop release, or whatever. Right?

Yeah, I'm almost certain we'll get a 'surprise' release today.

Hell, NA might even get SMB3 as part of it.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Yumi's Odd Odyssey (Sayonara Umihara Kawase) is coming out on march 20th in NA. For $29.99.

Yikes, more than I thought it'd be. But I suppose it's a full game, and they need to make some money on it.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I don't have the funds to spare right now, but next paycheque is definitely going towards Umihara Kawase. I'm super psyched to play it.
I've only played the SFC game for a short while, and it was pretty interesting. I did like the Game Center CX episode on it.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I'm fairly sure Japan just got a new batch of GBA games.

Which would continue the trend of "Japan gets prime Virtual Console treatment. Rest of the world can have some scraps"

Edit:
YEP!

May 1st Releases posted:

Zelda no Densetsu: Fushigi no Bōshi (The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Game Boy Advance) - 702 yen
Hoshi no Kirby: Yume no Izumi Deluxe (Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, Game Boy Advance) - 702 yen
Mario and Luigi RPG (Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, Game Boy Advance) - 702 yen
Mario Tennis Advance ( Mario Tennis: Power Tour, Game Boy Advance) - 702 yen
Metroid Fushion (Game Boy Advance) - 702 yen
Wario Land Advance: Yōki no Otakara (Wario Land 4, Game Boy Advance) - 702 yen

SereneCrimson fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 5, 2014

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Inazuma Eleven for $10 is exactly the price point I need to immediately download it.
I've been wanting to play it for quite some time, but have had a lot of other things take priority, but there's no excuse for not picking it up at this price.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Shovel Knight is downloading now. Oh my god am I excited.

I love Castlevania, it's one of my favourite series and 3 is a great one. but I simply can't be super excited for it when Shovel Knight is here!

Also going to grab Rayman Legends. I've been holding out, and this is a great price to finally grab it and play some co-op with my roommate.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Played a fair bit of Shantae and the Pirates Curse today. Just finished the 3rd island.
I'm really enjoying it, a lot more than the first game, or Risky's Revenge.
I've put in a little over 4 hours and the save screen says I'm at 55%. Which has already made it a decent length longer than Risky.

The game is gorgeous, all the areas look great and the characters and enemies are nice and fluid. The complaints I've seen around the Internet about the large amounts of fan service in the game are definitely valid. It's pretty harmless. But there is a lot more fan service in this game compared to other wayforward games.

By biggest complaint (and one I know I had for Risky's, but it didn't feel as bad as in this one) is that Shantae has very few invincibility frames. And that doesn't necessarily make things "difficult" per se, but very frustrating.
Between that and the knock back from some attacks, you end up taking way more damage than you should. The 3rd dungeon boss was way more frustrating than he should have been. Due to his attack where he quickly rushes around the arena a couple times. I got hit, knocked to the ground and before I could recover he was on top of me again which caused another hit. I ended up having to use a healing item in that fight because it happened twice more, but the fight wasn't even that hard.
I suppose it's balanced out by enemies also having no invincibility frames, so you can demolish them with fast attacks.

But it's more Shantae. It's fun metroidvania action with a rad Virt soundtrack. Each new powerup gives you a reason to backtrack to the other islands in search of collectables. And looks like it's about a solid 8 hours or so.
It's a great game, but I can see the $20 price tag turning some people away. Anyone who liked the GBC Shantae, or Risky's Revenge should absolutely pick it up though.
I am looking forward to Half-Genie Hero a ton.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Capcom: See, we love Mega Man still. We care about the fans! Stop saying we don't.

But for real, that's really awesome of them, and something that needs to be in any VC release of games with additional content like that.

Oh man, imagine if they released the GBA version of SMB3 on WiiU VC with all the eReader content unlocked.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

So I just got to the credits in Boxboy. And opened up all the bonus levels.

Guys, this game is reeeeeaaallly good. Buy it!!
None of the levels up to that point ever really took longer than 5-10 mins. But it's super satisfying to figure out how to get through all the puzzles with the skills you have.

It's only $5, and I love it.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I can't believe we're getting Mother 1 on VC. It just doesn't feel real. It's something people have wanted for so long and it's finally happening.

Everyone needs to buy that. Maybe, just maybe Mother 3 can happen.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Jesus... SMW is $11.29 on the Canadian eShop.

Looks like I'll only buy the ones I absolutely want the most on my 3DS (Earthbound, Super Metroid and Link to the Past, basically)

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Picked up Extreme Butoden from the sale. Been wanting it for a while since playing the demo. It's $40 CND for a physical copy. So $24 digitally is A-OK for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Let's all be cool friends and play BoxBoxBoy. Ignore everything else. Pledge allegiance to BoxBoy.