Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
OG Dreamland is fine for what it is, and if you play on the extra mode it's actually pretty fun.

Star Allies is the weakest iteration of the style of game they've been making since the Wii game - it's not a bad game but it's a big letdown coming off the back of Robobot, and the constant character updates are wasted on a game with so little to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Star Allies feels rushed in most respects, plus it's their first Unreal Engine game, those factors probably better explain the framerate than any artistic choice.

They already did a game mimicking stop-motion, it's called Rainbow Curse and it's a gorgeous game marred by the necessity of having to look at it via the Wii U gamepad.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ChaosArgate posted:

Wait Star Allies is UE4?

Nah, I confused it with the Yoshi game that's not out yet, my bad.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
F-Zero Expansion Kit or gently caress off

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'll counter all that and say Okami bores the poo poo out of me, it's everything people say they don't like about Twilight Princess without any of the fun parts.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I tried Morphies Law for ten minutes, it ran like poo poo and looked unfinished and I couldn't make it through a single match without connection errors.

My guess is the NOA Nindies thing will have a release date for Undertale and something Shovel Knight related, hopefully a date for King of Cards but maybe just an amiibo update or whatever.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's not just horny, it's also stupid - the two-player mode swaps the anime girls for these goobers:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Gungho bought 17-bit, the original devs, a year or two ago. They made Variant-S themselves and it's something they announced before the buyout, from memory.

It's not available on consoles but I'd recommend Monolith over any version of Galak-Z.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's a twin-stick versus shooter, kinda like Niddhogg but with the absolute shittiest Data East sprite rips possible.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Fawf posted:

Hamster you're making some powerful enemies by announcing Puzzle Bobble 2 back in September and refusing to pull the trigger each week

Get Money Idol Exchanger, it'll make the wait a lot easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Some company bought the rights to the old PS2 Asterix series and put out a remaster as a hype-builder for a brand-new sequel.

That one's a weird Conker-style pop culture parody game, I remember the last boss fighting being a Matrix Reloaded send-up where you fight a zillion Julius Caesars.