Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The Wii wouldn't be able to run a low-level emulator like BSNES. What Nintendo does is exactly the type of emulation Byuu goes out of his way to condemn; a high level base emulator with injected hacks to work out most of the kinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Mercury Crusader posted:

It's like Star Fox before Star Fox!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOH68OsvOEI

Also the main theme rules.

(Space Harrier is the best)

Space Harrier is indeed the best, but you missed the best version.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Phantasium posted:

Different regions will also have different ROMs that need to be tested. Especially when you consider that Europe is tired of the 50hz poo poo and that has to be changed.

The real reason is that Nintendo is understaffed. Sony does mostly the same thing with more complex machines, faster.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Reggie has no power over pretty much anything. Whoever they'd get instead would be forced to do whatever NoJ tells them to, nothing would change.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

bushisms.txt posted:

What's this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSqf5STS9xQ

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Look at all that delicious atmosphere. Nifflas is loving brilliant at making pretty worlds with just the bare minimum of resources and the trailer has that in spades. Colour me psyched.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Capcom outsourced the development of all 5 games, but 2 was done by a different studio. After the release of 2, Inafking insisted that the studio that worked on 1 do all future games, stating that they "got" Mega Man.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Don't forget, they did the same thing with 3DS titles.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

You could get the DSiWare version.

Unless you're in Europe. gently caress Nicalis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

This is one of the zillion indie games that was supposed to be out months ago... I think the devs might be ex-Retro or ex-Rare or something? I forget. Game looks pretty okay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz4D8BeIfLc

EDIT: ex-Q-Games/Lionhead, I guess that's almost Rare.
I really like the look of this game. It reminds me of the NES, what with the limits on detail and the colour palette, but everything's all high res. I'd love to see other games try to ape this look.