Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Xenomrph posted:

#FirstWorldProblems

Speaking of which, I need 115 more coins to get Platinum status in Club Nintendo.

Find a copy of Ninja Gaiden 3 at Walmart. $7 and 60 coins instantly, possibly another 10 for post play in a week. It was in stock at every Walmart a few minutes out of town for me. You will have to price match with walmart.com or go to the site and pick up in store if the manager gives you any trouble.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rexroom posted:

I'm insulted that SMT4 is for less than Conception II.

There's actually a bit more content in that game than SMTIV (each girl has a "friend" and "lovers" version of their events.) Also, none of the story is locked behind DLC like in SMT IV.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
SMTIV is a year older and not a game licensed from Spike Chunsoft.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

JustJeff88 posted:

Quick question... someone recommended to me that I download Pokemon Bank to get the last 10 coins that I wanted. I did so and did the pre-play survey for 5 coins. Is there a post-play survey for 5 more coins that will come after a certain time, or will I need to hunt up 5 coins elsewhere?

Don't quote me on this, but I think yesterday was the last day to register for enough time to get a post play survey. You would be cutting it close waiting for it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Platinum rewards have been slowly getting worse over the past years, going from cool stuff like Mario hats or button sets to a digital game. I am curious to see what they'll do this year. Gold usually just got a desk calendar.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

What is the easiest/cheapest way to get 20 more coins for Club Nintendo in America? (I already did all the free downloads that give codes.)

There's a game series called "Puzzler" that gives 20 for $7.99. There's also a series called Soccer Up that was on sale last week for $2 that gave 10.

Basically the best way is to look at the price drop section and cross reference the coins list on the site.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just about all of the 3DS games offered are $15 at Target or have been on sale for under :20bux: recently.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Monkey Fracas posted:

Anyone know how long the codes from the rewards last? Like how fast do I have to sell the thing?

In the same boat as a lot of ya, probably gonna just flip a DK:TF code somewhere.

It's in the FAQ, but I think it wasn't all that long.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Fremry posted:

How did you manage to get a club Nintendo account banned?

jivjov posted:

How do you get a club nintendo account banned?

Wii Mini exploits, Sister Codes, multiple accounts, etc.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Chinook posted:

Also with the amount of $50 bills you likely dropped on the phone version, often leading to nothing but sadness, is $30 really that much for a self-contained version of gem-dragging fun?

(I realize the answer is probably yes. I hate how much I spent on that game in the couple months I played it. Shameful, and it's nowhere close to others in the P&D thread)

But what fun is the game if you can't have Batman, Goku, Hello Kitty, and Cloud on the same team?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Once I leveled up the blue haired girl to the point she had an "Attack All" command, I had no need to level any of the other heroines (although Monokuma girl also has an attack like that.) Probably one of the better features is you can date all the girls at once*, which saves the trouble of having to play again unless you want the harem ending (which is really the only creepy ending.)

*reset interaction hearts by resting or entering/exiting dungeons, then classmate when story progression stops.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Flint_Paper posted:

OH CHRIST it looks like a game from an alternate universe where Sega didn't poo poo themselves with Chaotix and kept making amazing 2d Sonic games.

Except they handed the writing over to a 13 year old DeviantArt writer. Fortunately they even realize the story is bad and let you turn it off.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
At least all the app icons should be able to be shaken free easily.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
From the 3DS Eshop:
Sale Ends 12/02

Fire Emblem Awakening: $27.99
Metroid (NES): $2.49
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: $23.99
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D: $20.99
Azure Striker Gunvolt: $7.50
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon: $27.99
BoxBoy $3.49
Ace Attorney Trilogy : $20.09
Shante and Pirate's Curse: $9.99
Crashmo: $4.49
Kid Icarus Uprising: $24.49
Rune Factory 4: $19.99
3D Sonic 2: $2.99
3D Outrun: $4.19
Minis on the Move: $6.49
Punch Out (NES) $2.49
Steamworld Dig : $4.99
Mario Golf World Tour: $20.99
1001 Spikes: $9.99
Inazuma Eleven: $9.99
VVVVVV: $7.99
Retro City Rampage DX: $4.99
Mutant Mudds: $4.49
Siesta Fiesta: $2.99

Dehry fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 25, 2015

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA people, best Buy is doing 10% off eShop cards from December 13-19.

Just in time for the Smash announcement on Tuesday.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Sayonara Umihara Kawase was pulled from Steam and eShop may follow soon. The North American version (Yumi's Odd Odyssey) is published by Natsume so that should be safe.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

xedo posted:

Has any dlc ever been on sale on the eshop? I seriously don't think I've ever seen that happen.

Some Atlus related DLC was on sale at one point. Not sure if it was Conception II or SMT IV

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://accounts.nintendo.com/

Nintendo account is supposedly up. Getting hit hard.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The badge catcher is featuring older Nintendo consoles and they're giving out a free play daily until the 28th.

NX Time?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

.TakaM posted:

they could easily map half press to one trigger and a full press to the other trigger

leaves out the Z button

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JV8v7WC6Ck

Eshop introduction for Switch

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
TMS#FE and Xenoblade both got 30% discounts with the my Nintendo gold coins.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/VOOK64/status/837294748830314498

Here's the region free answer.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/189706-nintendo-switch/75056669

Oh poo poo. Disgaea 5 Japanese version has English.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Yeah, Metal Slug 3 is WAY better after the update. I just had an update hit for Blaster Master Zero too, not sure what's in it though.

Pro controller support.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There was a button available right at the main menu to download the other versions.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
of course for the true Minecraft experience, you have to play the WIndows 10/Xbox/Mobile cross play versions. They can't even be bothered to make PS4 Minecraft cross compatible with Vita outside of one way map exports.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The 3DS ones have a minecraft-like farming map which can be shaped however you want, but watering can only be done one square at a time in the first game. The townspeople will ask for a crop or item as mission components and there's a story that has to be moved along. The first game revolved around recovering seasons (which up until it happened the season was always winter and crops didn't die off.) The newer one seems to be about restoring a village and recovering farmland with a number of reused assets and characters.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The Senran Kagura guy already announced a Switch game that uses HD rumble to simulate fondling huge anime titties. hands

FTFY

It's called Senran Kagura Reflexions and admittedly after the hand massage it goes to the series standard dressing room but nothing unique to the series.

Also it's on sale for 820 yen instead of 1000 on the Japanese shop right now.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
As a backer of Cryamore I stopped buying Kickstarter games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JacobNahin/status/1063148873227464704