Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I always chuckle when I see talk about killing Samus's character. It's like saying Joel Shumacher killed Batman's character. Like I don't watch Batman Begins and think "wow I can't get into this because Batman & Robin was so goofy".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Mario struck me as kind of a dick in the first Mario vs. DK game. Totally ruined 3D World for me.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Glad to see the US My Nintendo/Miitomo stuff will launch on March 31st. There's some stuff on sale til April 4th that I've had my eye on, and I was hoping I'd get to test the new Gold Points or whatever with it.

btw I recall reading that DLC won't count towards anything in My Nintendo, is that true? Gonna buy the last few Smash Characters that I haven't got around to this week.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Is there any word on whether the Zelda picross has a more traditional game structure than the Pokemon one? IIRC the Pokemon one just gives you infinite deposits of that mobile-style currency once you pay the maximum amount of real dollars, so it still feels like an F2P mobile game.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Is the Wii U version of Shantae more akin to Mighty Switch Force 1 or 2? 1 was pretty optimized for the console with proper hi-res graphics, whereas 2 was basically the 3DS game blown up to TV-size.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

SilverFire posted:

Have another Shantae and Pirates Curse code for 3DS: B0L85QHM1F4B4LTF
Got this! Thank you very much.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I got Tropical Freeze through the U.S. Club Nintendo so it's impossible for me to bear it any ill will :love:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I got free Zelda Picross and already have enough points for WarioWare Touched, without even buying anything, i think it's pretty cool v:shobon:v

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Spacebump posted:

Does Mega Man Legacy collection have save states?
Was this the case for the old "Anniversary Collection" released a few years back? I have that one for PS2. Not sure if portability is worth the double dip, but a lack of save states in the older release could push me over the edge.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Ahhh good to know. Might have to get this one then. Thanks!

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Playing MP Hunters on a controller that has two analog sticks sitting right there must feel like an especially ironic form of punishment.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
The "New" games are good, especially New U, but it's like Nintendo had temporary amnesia and forgot that the NES Mario games each had their own aesthetics. The NSMB series recycled graphics and music across games on four different consoles, which greatly contributed to them all feeling samey.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Has there been any indication of support winding down for Splatoon yet? (splatfests, etc.) I might finally get in on that action, unless it's officially considered a bad time to jump on board.

Funny, as I consider buying the game, I am honestly relieved there's no voice chat. It's like I'm less obligated to be serious about the game or something. Or it's easier to maneuver a few games around my wife's schedule. It just makes the game fit into my current lifestyle better. I thought this was silly Nintendo apologist stuff (like praising the lack of an achievement system instead of an honest "well I can do without it"), but lack of voice chat truly IS a feature in this case.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Thanks for all the chiming in on Splatoon guys. Stoked!!

SelenicMartian posted:

30% off Picross e and e2 have popped up in MN rewards.
But I want more Picross 3D :smith:
Is this in the U.S.? I'm not seeing those rewards anywhere.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Bought Splatoon in the sale and I'm practically slapping myself for not having bought it sooner. Thanks for steering me towards it people; it's the best. I can't wait to get home and play more of this beautiful game. :allears:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Nintendo posted a trailer featuring all the indie games they'll be demoing at this week's Bitsummit even in Japan, there's some new/unnanounced stuff there: https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/dd0233dc-41af-11e6-9654-063b7ac45a6d.html

WII U:
Runbow
TorqueL
Ace of Seafood

3DS:
Shovel Knight
Fairune 2
Gunma's Ambition for 3DS\
Cave Story
Shin Hyu Stone (sequel to Splash or Crash/Kersploosh)
Block Legend
Back in 1995 64
摩尼遊戯TOKOYO (buddhist-themed shmup)
Nyoki-Nyoki Tabidachi-hen (new puzzle game from the ex-president of Compile, the studio that made Puyo Puyo)
1000m Zombie Escape!
Wait did Japan just never get Cave Story, or are they releasing a third 3DS version of the game now??

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I don't really need the Mini NES but I'm definitely in for that controller. Really glad they're gonna sell those separately.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I love that Nintendo finally has an answer to all those bootleg mall kiosk plug-in consoles, and they had presumably waited til their hardware costs were low enough and the emulation was deemed satisfactory. It's the most Nintendo thing. :v:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

jivjov posted:

Which of the three versions of Street Fighter 2 is the best one to buy?
No SNES port comes close to an optimal Street Fighter experience, so the answer is "whichever one you played at your friend's house when you were 12".

Alpha 2 is interesting as a historical curiosity at least. It was an SNES game with load times!

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

greatn posted:

I could swear I remember renting SF2 Turbo for SNES and being disappointed there were no new characters, and reading about it in Nintendo Power.
"Turbo" for SNES was analogous to the "Hyper Fighting" arcade revision of SF2. "Special Champion Edition" for Genesis was pretty on par with this version as well, despite the title.

Then came Super for arcades, which had the 4 new characters and got a SNES port. Super SF2 then got upgraded to Super SF2 Turbo in arcades, but (mercifully for parents) never got a home 16-bit port.

Alpha 2 came way later and it's really weird that a SNES port was ever released. To put it in perspective, a port of Alpha 1 was an early PlayStation title. Apparently they did some really unconventional stuff to cram Alpha 2 onto an SNES cart, which is why you get a brief loading time before matches.

Minidust fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Aug 25, 2016

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Well it is technically as a "Demo" that's just a playable ending, but intentionally suiciding and losing the heightened amount of lives they give you allows you to glance over the rest of the game for a brief period of time (unless you just use an action replay to disable the time limit.)

Sonic 3 is included separate of Sonic & Knuckles. Justified as they're technically not part of the collection and there's no reason to have the complete game available since unless you're cheating you wouldn't be able to play anything but the Launch Base/Death Egg/Doomsday bosses anyway.

Mega Collection and Mega Collection + both include S3&K in both Locked-On and Separate varieties. The most recent collection they've been featured on that's included them as locked-on since was the Classic Collection on the DS and the Steam release. Modified ports such as a 3D re-release or a remade iOS/Android Port like what Sonic 1/2/CD got seems to be off the table for some bizarre reason that's been rumored to be a legal one. (Though a proof-of-concept for an iOS/Android port has been shown of Angel Island 1, it seems Sega's not biting and the guys who made it are busy working on Mania now so it might never actually come to fruition.)
This Sonic 3 / Knuckles chat has me interested in giving the games a proper playthrough after all these years. I do have Mega Collection + for the original Xbox. Any emulation issues with that one or is it a pretty solid experience?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Does anyone know the exact contents of the soundtrack download you get with the physical version of Mega Man Legacy Collection? Like is it a slapdash MP3 sampler, or some expansive FLAC chronicle of each game... I'm assuming it's closer to the former but I'd like to be sure of what I'm missing out on before I go for the digital version of the game.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Saoshyant posted:

:911:, Target's got Bayonetta 2 for $9. Also, Hyrule Warriors for $18 and Xenoblade X for $18.

vvvv well, yeah, first print copies are long gone now.
Dang, I guess Target clearance prices are quite unstable. Just picked up Bayo 2 last week for $15! Oh well at least I actually opened it and played a ton over the weekend.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
He means gold and I can confirm it works. The normal price of the shovelware Skunk game is allegedly $24.99, which puts in in the 30 gold coin reward tier. I got the coins like a minute after my "purchase" and then just cancelled the download.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Just a weird personal anecdote, but... I've been house-shopping on and off for about a year, and like every other living room at these open houses seems to have a Wii U in it. Like I might actually think it was a popular console if I didn't know better. Okay thanks for listening.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
When you buy a digital game via Nintendo's website (like this, for example), it just gives you a code to redeem right? Just wanna make sure these are actually gift-able.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Can Wii Shop cards (like, for original Wii or "Wii mode" on a Wii U) be purchased anywhere? A family member expressed interest in Wii Shop games for her birthday and I'm not sure if there's any way to actually gift funds. Can like a generic Visa gift card be used to add funds, or does it get all finicky? I'm just assuming Nintendo never got PayPal working.

Wondering for myself too, since I'll likely want a few WiiWare titles on Wii U before the whole thing shuts down. I know it forces you into increments of like $10 or whatever but if I can just use my regular credit card that's okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Neddy Seagoon posted:

eShop cards apparently work fine in the Wii Shop Channel.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You can't gift funds but I think you can gift the actual games
Hmm, would this apply to U.S.? I found an article mentioning eShop cards on original Wii, but it only mentioned Europe and Japan specifically. And Amazon listings for eShop cards seem to have reviewers complaining that they couldn't use it on original Wii.