Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Speaking of that sale, I can very much recommend both Sakura Samurai and Ketzal's Corridors at $5 apiece.

Sakura Samurai shares a lot of DNA with Punchout; you go through various stages via world map beating up groups of bandits and thugs on the way to bosses with a combat system that relies heavily on dodging and reading enemy cues. There’s a few things that could have been done better, like, I wish that all the towns didn’t contain the exact same NPCs, but if you like these kinds of games, the main mechanics are very solid and fun. Never finished it myself.

Ketzal's Corridors is a puzzle game that has you twisting and rotating one of several tetromino type blocks through gauntlets of walls with various holes in them, in three dimensions. The difficulty is in the fact that the goal isn’t just to fit through the holes, but also to hover over and line up neatly with every square of open space in the hole before you enter it for a higher score and more collectibles. The levels are all nice to look at and there’s a lot of variety and slight twists and alternate level types from beginning to end. Getting a gold medal and all of the stunt bonuses on most of the levels was too much for my poor brain to handle, but I might have another go at mastering it. Definitely the kind of game who's mechanics feel almost overwhelming at first, but then feels really good once you get the hang of thinking in rotational 3D terms. There’s a ton of content for people who like getting 100 percent or beating their own high scores. 5 bucks is a total steal for this game.

Amorphous Abode fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Feb 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

Wham Bam Rock

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

Rexroom posted:

Wow, that's a pretty lame offering. Is Dementium even worth getting?

How much do you like extremely polygonal monsters and low resolution textures?

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

cumshitter posted:

I'm playing Severed on the 3DS and haven't played it elsewhere and my experience with it has not been diminished. It's fun and straightforward and simple.

I think if you buy it on 3ds or WiiU you get the other version for free.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

There seems to be a sale on indie games in Europe. "Weird and Wonderful" they're calling it. Significantly you can get Rain World for 11.99 versus 19.99 (40% off); West of Loathing for 6.93; Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, and Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime for 8.99 each.

Slime-san at 5.99 and Pool Panic for only 4.14. There's a few other games but nothing else that caught my eye or that I know is somewhat popular.

This is a U.S. thing as well and yeah I think I saw a couple other good games on sale. UnExplored is $5 currently and I think the Switch version stalls a little bit on level generation, but if a very traditional roguelike concept gussied up as an action roguelite hybrid sounds interesting then it's worth a fiver. Snake Pass is 60% off too, I think that one is good maybe?