Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

MonkeyforaHead posted:

I just turned on my 3DS for the first time in a couple weeks and was coming here to ask what the gently caress they're trying to do pushing this nightmarish shovelware-looking garbage onto my system.

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball owns and I'm sorry that you have such terrible taste that you're not even willing to give it a shot. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
No seriously, Rusty's is legit good. If you're really that leery, he gives you a demo that lets you play three minigames before you have to drop $2.00 to continue, and from there you can buy any game you want.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Wait, am I reading that right? Conception 2 is already marked down to loving $15? :psyduck:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Armor-Piercing posted:

Hope the Inazuma Eleven discount isn't US-only - I'm in Canada and it's still listed at $20 for me.

The shop doesn't update for another ~2 hours.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
loving Pokemon TCG? I am all over that poo poo, make it happen NOA.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Nintendoooooo where is my Pokemon TCG game :argh:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So what the hell is Cybernator, exactly? Platformer, RPG, Shmup?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Nah, the sale is EU and we're not getting it today. :(

Come on Nintendo, step it up! We're still waiting on the Pokemon Trading Card Game for GBC too! :argh:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Argue posted:

Is Layton X AA getting a retail release? It's one of those games I'll likely be sharing with my brother, so I'd prefer not to get it on the eshop.

Yes. Although I've seen it range from anywhere between $30 and $40 depending on from who and when you ordered it (if you preordered) so you might want to double check on that before pulling the trigger if it really is going to be only $30 on the eShop.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I know at one point Amazon had it going for $32 (20% off of $40), but I haven't gotten an email saying they're only charging me $30 (yet) even though they're showing $29.99 as the regular price now. :shrug:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
For the Capcom sale:
MH3 Ultimate is 15.99, DuckTales is 7.49, Chronicles of Mystara is 6.75, Revelations is 19.99, and the Virtual Console games are 4.99.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Can confirm, the bonus game is just a code on the digital receipt that you can just hit "use" right then and there.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Nice, there's gonna be a Fire Emblem sale next week. It's probably too much to hope for but maybe we'll get Blazing Sword on the Wii U VC.

...Oh who am I kidding, it's just gonna be an Awakening sale. :(

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Week 2 Smash sale is up:

Link Between Worlds - 29.99
Link to the Past/Minish Cap (Wii U) - 4.99
Oracle of Ages/Seasons (3DS) - 3.99

F-Zero (Wii U) - 4.99

Fire Emblem Awakening - 29.99

Mega Man/Mega Man 2 (3DS) - 3.49
Mega Man X/X2 (Wii U) - 4.99

Kid Icarus Uprising - 24.99
Kid Icarus (Wii U) - 3.49

Sonic the Hedgehog (3DS) - 3.49

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
poo poo, at this point the only thing we're missing is Mega Man and Bass, right? I'm down with more Mega Man. :toot:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Two hours as of this post.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Wait what I thought we were getting both Aria and Harmony this week? :psyduck: Oh well, I mean I wouldn't have time to play two metroidvanias at once anyway. Kinda annoyed that we're not getting the DK games though.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Took em long enough to put out the Pokemon TCG game. Been waiting on that ever since Europe got it.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Huh, so I guess that "Costume Quest 2 coming exclusively to Playstation consoles first" meant all of two days. Also Kirby! :toot:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Man, I would totally get the Swapper but they announced it was going to be a PS+ title in like a month and $20 is a lot of money to throw away on a game I can get for free soon. :( Is Pier Solar any good? That's really the only other thing that interests me this week.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

g0lbez posted:

Anyone know the block size for Persona Q? not sure if it will fit on my 2gb sd card

14,000 and change, according to a friend. Best case scenario is that it only takes up the vast majority of a 2 GB card.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA dudes, you're getting Fire Emblem 6 on the Wii U VC this week! Also, Lode Runner.

Fire Emblem 7. We never got Sword of Seals to begin with and there's no way in hell Nintendo translated it for VC.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

U.T. Raptor posted:

Having looked at that site, is there an actual reason why all the NES/GB games seem go to the 3DS and the SNES/GBA games to the Wii U? It seems strangely arbitrary.

There are GBA games on 3DS. I assure you that you would not be willing to pay money for them in their current state.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Kaubocks posted:

The amount of people I've seen say "The Ambassador GBA games run perfectly!" makes me want to cry.

Well they do! They just don't support save states, a pause function, or even stopping the loving game when you close the 3DS to put it in sleep mode. If all you want to do is play the game, then it's perfectly fine! :downs:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Kaubocks posted:

EDIT: Hell, I don't even think you can bring up the home menu without flat out closing the game!

Nope, it treats them like DS games/DSiWare in that pressing the Home button will ask you if you want to close the game, and that's it.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
eShop doesn't update for another hour and a half. :ssh:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
FE7 (Fire Emblem) is the better game, but Sacred Stones is a bit easier and makes for a more gentle introduction. I'd actually recommend Awakening over both of them as a first game if you have a 3DS, but between the two go with Sacred Stones.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
There are demos for both EO Untold and EO4 in the eShop, and if you want something that plays similarly to Persona Q, that should be the first place you look.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Probably won't be up until the standard eShop update time, so like another hour.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Unless you've hosed with the setting somewhere, the Wii U should go into standby mode after you turn it off and continue downloading whatever was active when it shut down. It's the same thing it uses to download patches and updates overnight, so make sure that's turned on and you should be fine.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Counterpoint: Golden Sun is mediocre at best and its main selling points are looking pretty good for a GBA game and having a decent soundtrack. It was released at a point where it was the first and only "real" RPG for the system, and you're really only getting half the game, as The Lost Age pretty much picks up right where Golden Sun ends and you are very much expected to play both of them to get the full story. If you've got nothing else, it's fine, but don't set that bar too high or you're going to be disappointed.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Slur posted:

I swore that DKC was taken off of the Wii VC due to it being Rare's property or something like that. What happened there?

The DKC games have not and never will be Rare's games. Everything created for them has been used and reused even after Rare's sale, including the Kremlings in one of the Mario Strikers games.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
DK Land 3 was the one that was totally original and not a somewhat scaled down version of the SNES games right?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Stan Taylor posted:

Since I think this is still the defacto club Nintendo thread, I got an email saying a reward has been shipped, but I haven't ordered anything lately so I'm assuming its the smash soundtrack.

I ordered a couple things but I checked the Club Nintendo order number and it matches the one that I placed back in December so yeah, it's the Smash CD.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

EDIT: I was sure I had bought Donkey Kong Country 2 on my Wii back in the day, but the discount isn't showing up on the WiiU eShop. Was anyone else able to get the discounted price, or am I just misremembering about buying it?

Got the discount on all three. Either you didn't buy it or didn't transfer over from the Wii.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
DK64 with a fixed framerate is a DK64 that I want no part of. :colbert:

But seriously, it was garbage then, it's garbage now, and I'm going to pay 10bux for it in two weeks so I can relive the garbage. :negative:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
no

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
It's already up, should be the first drat thing at the top of the eShop.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

ChaosArgate posted:

Speaking of, what is in the sale?

SFIV 3D, Chronicles of Mystara, both Wii U and 3DS Revelations, and Ducktales Remastered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Still Fluxing posted:

I liked Sticker Star a lot. I've never played the other two, and I've heard that they are way better, but that doesn't make Sticker Star terrible. :shrug:

And that's why. Sticker Star is absolutely nothing like the previous two, featuring much less focus on the story, no RPG elements, and a totally gutted battle system. It might as well have been a completely different franchise, a la Nuts and Bolts (although even that had more of BK in it than SS does for Paper Mario). Frankly, I'd argue that SS is a bad adventure game on top of not being a Paper Mario game, the music is the only thing in the entire game I actually enjoyed.