Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
The Z is on the Zelda trailer if you click "Videos" at the top, took me a while too.

The Eye is specifically on the Zelda game page, not just anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Nope. But the password is pretty short so whatever.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Alternatively grab FE7 on WiiU Virtual Console. Though I guess the non-portability would be a problem with that, wouldn't it? Hm.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Boten Anna posted:

It's some bug in Nintendo's software that caused this whole mess though, so even if Nintendo didn't tie it to the enclosure, they sure as poo poo put in some buggy software that makes their recommended drive unstable. Also because of N's proprietary bullshit I didn't have any good options for using my PC to recover the data or transfer it or anything. I didn't want to spend even $80 for a new drive especially when TMS#FE is probably like the last retail release they're going to put out for the drat thing anyway and who knows if I'll need it for the NX (and I pray every day there's cloud saves and a large amount of internal storage so I don't.)

What I don't understand is why the WiiU storage management is so insanely locked down when on the 3DS it just throws everything in a nice folder structure on a regularly formatted SD card, and you can just copy that folder to any other SD card and it works fine.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

AnxiousApatosaurus posted:

Like, what's the SMW or Mario 3 of the Kirby franchise?

Probably Kirby Super Star on the SNES, or its remake Kirby Super Star Ultra on the DS.

But really, you can't go wrong with any of them. Kirby is a series that is impressively solid all around. If you want to see how the series evolved, sure, play Kirby's Dream Land on the GB. It's very short and not particularly complex -- they hadn't even invented Kirby's ability to copy enemy powers yet! -- but still pretty nice if you have half an hour or so. If you don't care about the history aspect, just go with whatever you can grab for cheap, even the worst Kirby game (which I'd say is Squeak Squad) is still good.

Do note though that Kirby has a lot of spinoff games. Most of these are also good (some are even quite fantastic!), but they don't really give you an idea of what a main Kirby game is.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Mario All-Stars Collection is better than Kirby's, because it actually came out in PAL regions :negative:.

You should have just imported it since it's not like anyone wants to play 50Hz versions of games these days anyway.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

If you're in America, yes, you can only buy XL New 3DSes unless you get very specific bundles. Everywhere else in the world you can buy either variant.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

The Wii did use Gamespy, except for the Wii Shop which is why that is still up.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Noitu Love 2, huh. That would probably work pretty well with one hand on the D-Pad and the other on the stylus, actually. Is it just a straight port of the PC version or is there more/different content?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

How huge is huge? If it's less than 10% or so then it's probably just the overscan area you're now seeing compared to actually playing it on a CRT. Paper Mario may not look like it, but it's actually a really demanding game for the N64, so reducing the rendering space makes sense.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 3, 2016

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

In Training posted:

Wow they cut out story cutscenes to fit it onto a 1MB cart

Oh wow the credits theme is a reprise of the intro theme. I never knew!

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Don't forget the Oracles! And technically the original Four Swords, if you want to count that.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Or Fever. Or both, they're fantastic games.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

JustJeff88 posted:

I'm very fond of the remakes of SMB3 except for one thing: I really wish that they would let you go back into levels that you have previously cleared.

You can do that in SMA4 once you clear every level, for what it's worth.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

HenryEx posted:

Good news

Please link to the official site instead to get up-to-date versions and avoid giving people who are not actually involved in the project ad revenue.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Feb 24, 2017

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

More Bomberman for WiiU owners! So that you don't feel left out if you don't have a Switch.

A much better Bomberman game, too, if people's impression of the Switch game are to be believed.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Also, did they patch the game so that it actually supports the Pro controller?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I've been playing my 3DS a lot lately, working through various virtual console games that I've never played and drat, as excited as I was to finally play Castlevania 3....it just feels like poo poo. The game is difficult to the point where I do not get any kind of enjoyment out of it. Pretty bummed.

If you can, try playing the Japanese version, Akumajou Densetsu. They made some pretty significant changes to the US/EU releases back in the day, such as changing how the amount of damage from enemies is calculated.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Wait that was real? I always thought that was just a Mega64 joke.

It definitely exists, I live in Europe and my copy came with one. If I had any idea where I put it I'd post a picture.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

From March, you'll be able to use My Nintendo Gold Coins as currency in the Switch eShop: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/201...ntsOnEshop%7Cw6

No mention of the conversion rate, but I imagine it'll probably end up somewhere in the vicinity of the 10% cashback scheme they had going on Wii U.

SelenicMartian posted:

The announcement on my Switch says it's 5% off digital, and 1% of carts.

Details: https://my.nintendo.com/news/699e4d32060f96b4

Not great if you ask me.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

No, those are silver points.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

The four main Wario Lands and Shake It are all somewhere between good and fantastic, with 4 probably being the best one. Wario World is unfortunately not great, and Master of Disguise is just straight up bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I'd recommend just hacking the thing, dumping your games to an SD card, and reinstalling them on another Wii. Or just bypass the disc drive and play games off SD or external HDD. I can't imagine a lot of places would repair Wii disc drives these days.