Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Gotcha. I hope regular 3DS sales will come back. I'm surprised they even lasted this long considering :nintendo:, but I'll be happy to see them come back in some form.

I'm also fascinated that this late in the year they haven't released the new Brain Training game on the eShop at the very least. It's a finished product; if NOE doesn't want to print copies at least make it available digitally. It's just a waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

KATY PERRY posted:

I love how Soul Hackers is 40 euros here, but 30$ in the US. :(

Be happy that we even have it. I'm being totally serious here. We are slaves to the region locking and the "kindness" of third parties who aren't even Atlus.

And then NISA shuts down for bankruptcy :sigh:

Heaven knows how Sega will approach Atlus localizations. If they leave it up to Atlus USA we in Europe will get screwed. If they leave it up to Sega Europe, then we will be screwed either way because anything deemed niche won't be localized.

On the Ocarina of Time talk, keep in mind the Master Quest is completely new and not like the cheap thing they did on the Gamecube version.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oh, did I get those two confused? I was sure the Gamecube version was the one with the flipped maps and the 3DS's the one with the different puzzles.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

How do you create a Nintendo Network account? Is it WiiU Only? Is it in any way tied to Club Nintendo?

It is U-only so far and you cannot create one outside the U. It is not tied to Club Nintendo.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

NOA can't save you from yourself, Wark Say.

If NOA not giving you guys some old Mario game is bad, imagine what it's like hearing you discussing the new Chibi Robo while knowing it's yet another game we will be missing here in good ol' Europe. We can't even claim to have Inazuma Eleven over you people anymore.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

From most accounts Rusty's a pretty cool game and the Submarine F2P game also has a lot of love. Personally, I'm annoyed Rusty's another game we are missing out in Europe. The list just keeps getting bigger.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Yeah, it's a $16~ game that appears to be rather charming from videos I have seen of it. Of course all we can do here in the Old World is posture, sneer, and try to rub on your face that we got the Pocket Football game instead. Which is rather good for what it is, too, but why can't we have both?

I mean, I have no idea why we couldn't get the Disney Animal Crossing-clone thingy even though Disney is so huge here, or why a photo taking game with chibi robots would be considered unsellable. Rusty's I can only imagine it's because "baseball" is on the name.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

"CoroCoro Comics has revealed a new Nintendo 3DS eShop game called The Thieves and the 1000 Pokémon to be released in the Japanese Nintendo eShop on 5 June 2014. It will be free to download but it will be available on the Nintendo eShop for a limited time. In the game you gather Pokémon by StreetPassing and then use them to battle the thieves who are the same thieves that appear in Pokémon the Movie: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction. CoroCoro suggests a link between the game and the movie with secrets related to the connection to be revealed in the next issue."

So, if you're in Japan, I guess you can download a free distraction to use all those Streepasses you keep getting.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

When you were a kid you read the manual. Kids these days don't. They aren't dumber than you were; they just grew in a world where manuals are irrelevant and their first instinct is to use the Internet instead of realizing the game comes with a manual.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

All promo codes for the eShop Nintendo has gifted out have explicit expiration dates next to them. Usually a month.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Is that Tekken price correct? €9.99 / Ł14.99?

I hadn't even realized they released the new Adventure Time game here when they hadn't the previous one.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Uh, a pretty bad exploit must have been found if they are giving a game for free to get people to upgrade their systems. Conjecture, of course, especially if they show no signs of trying something similar in the West, but still an interesting thought.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

How's that Adventure Time BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW game?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Go! Go! Kokopolo, one of the few DSiWare-exclusive games that doesn't suck, is being delisted at the end of the month, so if you ever had any interest in playing it you'd better grab it now.

I had never heard of this one, but checking around reviews are glowing. It's 8€, though. That's a bit hard to swallow for DSiWare.

What's happened so far to delisted games like the Wii VC DKC games? Can you still redownload them? Transfer them between devices at least?

e: heard, that was a dumb typo

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 8, 2014

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I'm still fascinated they greenlit an iPad version of TCGO before a Wii U version.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I'm perfectly aware that TPC has free handling in most cases, but basically I was expecting a suit to sit with another suit and suggest they shouldn't branch out of PC without first doing a U version as well, because that's what suits usually do: image management, bottom line, and whatnot. And a Pokemon TCG game coming first for the iPad instead of the struggling Nintendo console seems like a big strike against it image-wise.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

How many blocks is Sayonara Umihara Kawase? Or whatever it's called in the US, Yumi Odyssey something.

vvvv much appreciated.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 17, 2014

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Davincie posted:

What are some games like Sayonara Umihara Kawase?

Dustforce on Steam is kind of similar in how speed and execution matter the most.

Here's a video of someone going through the secret paths in Umihara:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhZKjYNKoZQ

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

There's also a subbed version of their trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgnAmLwtP6Q

It's a crime this video has been up for three days and it's only got 165 views. Nobody cares about this nerdy stuff these days, do they.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Is the DLC case for Ace Attorney 5 discounted as well? I'm not going to have access to my 3DS in the next two days to check.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Last night, I remembered Kokuga was a thing and went to check if they ever released it on the PAL eShop. Funny story: every time I used the search function for that word, it crashed. Worked with any other word(s) except "Kokuga", so I ended up having to browse through the entire "eShop-only" category to find it. 15€, kind of lost interest, but I found this: Rage Of The Gladiator, a Punch-out clone in a fantasy arena. The good reviews on the eShop made me look for actual reviews and they seem glowing, yet I have never heard of this little game. Underrated gem? Anyone tried it?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

The Japanese 3DS VC hasn't had a single new release in five months, for any platform.

What the hell. Do companies there hate what's basically free money?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

http://yachtclubgames.com/2014/10/eu-wiiu-3ds/

Shovel Knight PAL release confirmed for November, exact date TBA.

Still coming out before SMTIV. It really took a long time for Shovel Knight to get here -- nearly half a year? Can't remember an indie having such a hard time crossing the pond (if you don't count Nicalis shenanigans).

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Get one of the Picross, then either Pushmo or DK94 depending on which one you already own.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Mercurochrome posted:

drat, if I get Crashmo or Pushmo I won't be able to get picross. Which is the better series?

Pretty sure Pushmo was just $7 while the Picross games are $5 each. Your $12 should do the thing. Crashmo is more expensive and the extra complexity isn't appreciated by everyone, so Pushmo is generally a safer recommendation.

All Picross-e games are pretty much the same -- just a pack of puzzles. Starting with the 4th or the first doesn't matter.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

That's such a lame discount that I have no idea why they would even bother.

Original_Z posted:

The question is whether or not NES remix 3ds is worth it if you don't have a wii U and don't plan to buy one in the near future?

That depends on how much you like challenge runs and 8-bit games. Go check some videos of the U version and see if it's your thing.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Nintendo really, and I mean really, has to learn about cross purchases. 10€ to get both versions of a 20 minute video is ridiculous.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

jivjov posted:

So....don't buy it?

I am not buying either, forum poster jivjov. I don't particularly care for Pikmin.

However, as Miyamoto was mentioning the prices I just groaned when I realized that not only are they charging 5€ for a 20 minute video, they are not providing any cross-buying and in this specific case it felt more ridiculous than usual with the VC and indie stuff.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Davincie posted:

did the european direct say anything about rune factory

Oh, knew it was missing something. Considering this Direct apparently covered all Winter releases it's not a good sign.

vvv "nindies"

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Nov 6, 2014

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

What's special about this Tetris Ultimate anyway? It's not like the 3DS doesn't have a Tetris title already, plus the DS ones.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I'd play WildARMS 3 on the 3DS.

Anyway, cross posting from the 3DS thread, the solution to the lack of messaging (RIP Swapnote) is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06fM4zrnbeQ

quote:

Chat-A-Lot is a voice and text application for the Nintendo 3DS system. A first of its kind, the application will bring the Nintendo 3DS community much closer, easily connecting Nintendo 3DS owners with each other, whether it be locally and internationally. The application is designed for group text chats of up to 10 people and up to 4 for voice chats with the ability to change the expressions of avatars. Besides just chatting, users will also be able to show off their creative side by drawing images and using cute and funny stickers to share with their friends.
Features:
• Voice and Text Chat – create and join text and mic group chats
• Choose Your Friends – Find and add friends through the Nintendo 3DS Friend List
• Avatars – show your friends how you are feeling with mood adjustable avatars
• Strict Parental Controls – password protected features for fun and secure chatting

It's coming to NA on November 20 for $8, Europe "soon".

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

univbee posted:

Tetris license changes hands a lot and this always happens when it does, I'm guessing it's that.

Ubisoft did just release their own Tetris game, so that may be correct. Still no idea what's special about that one; it's double Tetris Axis' price on the EU shop -- knowning Ubisoft, though, it probably eats your save file and has performance issues or something idiotic like that.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

The 3DS can't handle SNES/GBA properly. Keyword being "properly" since it can do so to some extent and people love to bring that up and go on a huge derail why the 3DS doesn't have SNES/GBA VC titles, etc, etc. The Nu3DS model may change this, but it's too soon to tell.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

radlum posted:

Does Nintendo eShop stuff ever go on sale? I want to buy the FE DLC and the Phoenix Wright game and I don't know if I should just do it or wait a bit.

Base games do go on sale, but I don't think I have ever seen DLC on sale before. Been holding on Fire Emblem stuff and the PW:DD special episode for a while just in case it would, but so far, nope. Don't think that will change.

Doug Dinsdale posted:

Lots of kids are given SUICA cards for riding trains, so I imagine they can go hogwild in the e-shop.

Doug Dinsdale posted:

This should make "accidental" SUICA e-shopping even more tempting.

That may not go well for Nintendo in the long term when parents start getting mad at their kids' game boys eating a bunch of money.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oh, seems like they actually thought about it. I do hope they add NFC payment support in the West, too.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

An image worth more than a thousand words.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I rather doubt that's the case, but better check, does Steamworld Dig have crossbuy? Or maybe a crossbuy discount?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Hope they released a new episode of the show along with the theme. Love that dumb thing.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Yes, there's a backup save option on the data management menu. It's pretty easy to use.

It does sound like a bad SD card, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Was hoping they would have Nintendo Pocket Football on the sale as well.

Anyway,

1) How did Weapon Shop de Omasse turn out?

2) Scram Kitty was cool, right?