Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ztrapper
Jan 8, 2011

petewhitley posted:

So I'm vacationing in the U.S. (from Japan) and picked up an XL with a handful of games. I was a little disappointed, but expecting, that my Japanese credit card was declined in the U.S. eShop. Is there any workaround to this? The part where I get rejected is the zip code of course. It's limited to 5 digits which of course doesn't jive with my 7 digit zip code. Any good reliable online shops that email codes? I can pick up a card or two right now but I'll inevitably run out before I come back around these parts.

Also, I've got 300 some eShop points and not sure what is a good reward. TwinBee?

It's not just the zip. The American Eshop blocks non-USA credit cards, and even if your zip would have been 5 digits the card would have rejected. It wasn't always the case, but it is now. Which is a bummer.

I use Maximus Cards for 3DS Eshop credit. They charge a premium (24 bucks for a 20 bucks code), but they deliver the code quickly, and i never had any problems with them (been using the site for 3DS and Xbox codes for a few years now, and all the codes worked straight away, not like other sites that tend to send used codes from time to time).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ztrapper
Jan 8, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I don't think you can switch countries on Wii U like you can on 3DS - as far as I know, you're stuck with whichever location you pick during the initial system setup.

I actually try to change countries yesterday (from UK to Germany), which yielded in strange results: I could change my location in the settings menu, but after i did it the console wouldn't agree to connect to the internet. When i changed it back to UK the internet worked fine. I believe the problem is user based - my user is registered with a UK NNID, so it can't connect to the german servers or something. Will probably try this again with a new user some time in the future, but for now i decided to go back to UK and suck up high prices in the Eshop.

Ztrapper
Jan 8, 2011
The Cave (full game and demo) available now on the EU shop.

Ztrapper
Jan 8, 2011
I'm not Japanese, but i just used my own real 5 digit Israeli zip and added a 0 before (as it ask for 6 digits). it worked just fine.