Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

mrEkli posted:

Wii U or 3DS? 3DS: did you put stuff into folders?

I think he said DSi. That and the Wii have a limited menuspace, 3DS expands as you add stuff and add space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Wow, two games released for the eShop in one week?

Either Iwatas influence is spreading already or they already had those ready to go. Not that I'll be buying either, I've got far too many copies of MM1 than I'm proud to admit and I have the Arcade version of Pac-Man on my PS3.

At least they're putting stuff up.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Nick at Nite posted:

Meanwhile, in Japan, they're getting three more Kirby games this week. I feel like their virtual console strategy is designed to make me feel like it's the early 90s again, with Japan getting everything nine months earlier and half of it never coming here at all.

Well, we'll probably get Dream Course and Dream Land 3 sometime in the future (They were on the Sizzle Reel, after all.) but I wouldn't expect Star Stacker SFC unless NoA decides to put some imports out (Did we get any Import SNES games in the US for the Wii VC? I only recall NES imports and Sin&Punishment).

But still, early 90s? Japan still gets most things far earlier than anywhere else. That's how its always been.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Boten Anna posted:

The NES version is.

The sounds aren't even correct going from the last time I played the NES version.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

AlmightyBob posted:

At least it's not the Atari 2600 version. HHHHHHGggggg

Well thankfully the 2600 wouldn't be feasible as an option for VC games. Too simple, the only people who would buy them are people who want to relive nostalgia, because collectors would just buy carts.

And they would probably be overpriced, like $2 or something.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Joramun posted:

DoReMi Fantasy.

Must've popped up sometime after I stopped checking the Wii Shop every week. But yeah, I thought there was at least one SNES import game. Just wasn't sure and didn't want to come off like a jackass and assume there was.

I'm not really hopeful that we'll get more imports this time around, but it'd be pretty nice to see. Same with more C64 games, that kind of died out like the VC Arcade did.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

TEHJOE posted:

Pulseman is pretty close to an import title as it was only released on the Sega channel in the states.

I might have heard wrong, but was the Sega Channel Pulseman translated in any way?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Onean posted:

Dinosaur Office was the only reason I kept Nintendo Video on my 3DS for as long as I did. Then I got desperate for space on the SD card and got rid of it. After buying a new SD card I've just been too lazy to put it back on.

I've been keeping the little Kid Icarus OVA's on my SD Card, which is the only reason I kept Nintendo Video.

It'd be nice if I could put them on my PC, but I'm pretty sure they're encrypted or in a foreign file format.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

bpc908 posted:

We're getting Sonic 3D Blast and Sonic Labyrinth on the 3DS VXC soon

Its been soon for almost a year now.

Unless they put out news that they are most definitely coming soon, I wouldn't hold my breath.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Pope Guilty posted:

Finally, new items in the 3DS eShop Virtual Console section!

...it's those Zelda games Capcom made using the assets from Link's Awakening! And they're not out til the 30th!

The 30th? The oracle games are worth the wait, its just nice that they're coming this month instead of later.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Boten Anna posted:

Xevious and Solomon's Key, hot drat they're really coming out swingin' with the Virtual Console!

Except its the inferior NES Xevious.

If you have a 3DS you can get the Arcade version as a 3D Classic for the same price.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

-The NA Direct showed a list of Game Gear games scheduled for release on the 3DS VC at some unspecified point in the future

Soo... Never?

I mean, unless they're putting their foot down and are actually planning to put the neglected Game Gear games out. I mean its been a year since they announced Sonic Blast/Labyrinth so maybe they'll actually get around to releasing them.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Supercar Gautier posted:

Next week is Kirby week (Dream Course, Superstar, Dream Land 3), so they'll probably be doing the same buy-2-get-3 promo as they did in Japan. I'm sure a lot of it is experimentation at this point, but I hope it continues.

Naturally, we get Super Star instead of SFC Star Stacker, though that's not a bad thing in the least.

Would be nice to see SFC Star Stacker in the future though, can't imagine it needs any translation really.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Magossa posted:

So I recently got Super Mario World on the VC, and holy spit I do not understand why so many people like that game. The controls are sooooo bad. Is it something I'm suppose to get use to? Is everyone use to it because they played it in their youth? Right now I feel like people only like it for nostalgic reasons. It might just be me sucking at trying to control floaty rear end Mario since I'm so use to the New series. Should I even bother with Super Mario 2?

But Mario is Floatier in NSMB than he is in World.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Revol posted:

I'll add to the echo chamber: New series seems a bit more floaty than SMW. And yeah, if you think World is 'floaty', then run like hell from SMB2.

SMB2 is only floaty if you play as Luigi or Peach. Toad and Mario are pretty normal.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Supercar Gautier posted:

As far as I'm concerned, if the VC has at least one game worth getting each week, then that's fine. So far so good!

Hell, in the case of this week every game is worth getting. Its pretty neat that they put out all three SNES Kirby games (Avalanche doesn't really count and we never got SFC Star Stacker.)

Next week will be good automatically thanks to Oracles, but if we get some more good Wii U releases that'd be great.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Do Chill Penguin last :getin:

I did that my last runthrough of the game and it considerably freshened up the experience.

I'd do it first on a first runthrough though as the Dash isn't available to begin with in X1.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

The Machine posted:

Sitting here with my 3DS absolutely hating Nintendo for not putting SNES games on the eShop. I want Mega Man X!

I will to this day never understand why people continue to complain about how there are no SNES games on the 3DS when NES games have oddly distorted resolution more often than not.

I don't want SNES games looking muddled, I want them looking Pixel perfect unless they're abusing fake transparency like KDL3.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

They really should not have put "Available at 9 AM" without a specific time zone. Its 10:30 where I live and the Oracles aren't available yet.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Still Fluxing posted:

Huh. They showed up and downloaded just fine for me. The only reason I'm not playing them right the gently caress now is that I've vowed to finish Zelda 2 and Link's Awakening first.

I take it the service isn't contiguous, and some of the servers aren't updated yet even if they should've been already.

Spiffster posted:

Welcome to my past 2 or so hours. Why did they choose 9 anyway and not midnight? :iiam:

They've never updated the eShop at Midnight. It would make more sense to do so but nobody does that it seems.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

miscellaneous14 posted:

Oh my god I forgot OoS made you play two awful minigames right before you go to the Temple of Seasons. :cripes:

I forgot how drat slow OoA is at the beginning. :saddowns:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Is there a reason why you're not saying what that something else is?

Its just Punch-Out.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Yes, a fantastic reason: I couldn't remember what it was.

Oh, that's perfectly understandable, its not like Japans releases really affect us that much. Though perhaps we'll see SMB and Mario Bros next week, with a Buy 1 get the other half off sort of deal, though there's absolutely no reason to buy Mario Bros.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Still Fluxing posted:

Crippling nostalgia?

More like if they ever release the Super Mario Advance games on the VC (Fat chance but its still a chance.) they'll all have Mario Bros. and that version doesn't have the awkward jumping of the original.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Maybe they'll just wait a few years, get people to buy both.

They never did the same for Wario's Woods or Yoshi's Cookie. Doesn't give me much hope.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Chronojam posted:

I did that for Mario 64 since I figure it's only a matter of time.

I'm probably going to do the same for both SMB3 and F-Zero as its only a matter of time for both.

Yay discounts, or rather just cheap games.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Still jealous of Japan's SNES controller for the Wii.

Europe got that too, right?

But yeah, still jealous, that thing goes for like $20 or more secondhand.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Megaman 2, 3 and 4 are available on the Wii U VC, and Megaman 6 is available on the 3DS VC. No idea if the Wii U VC has any sort of discount going on, anyone wanna check?

None that I see, just the regular discounts for buying games you already own on the Wii VC.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Minidust posted:

Bah, right after I buy PacMan/Galaga Dimensions! Guess I'll try selling that, unless they really bork the new version somehow. Pacman as a digital title is perfect.

Pacman Galaga was a pretty fun title for early on in the 3DS Lifespan. Too bad the new games they pushed out in that were really weak.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Why would you want them on WiiU when you can have them on 3DS? :confused:

Discounts? I have 3 and 4 on both though.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Is there a timetable for when the Wii Shop Channel is going to be taken down? I heard that the News and Weather Channels were being taken down soon, so I want to know if and when I should start hoarding VC/WiiWare games :ohdear:

Since they're still releasing games on there (They're all Neo-Geo games lately but the point still stands), I take it that the Wii Shop will stay up, at least until the Wii is discontinued. And even then it'll probably remain up until Nintendo decides to remove Wii functionality from Wii U systems (Which hopefully they won't do.)

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Good news, Mega Man and/or Game Gear fans: the Mega Man game for Game Gear has been ESRB-rated, so it'll probably show up on the 3DS VC sometime this year!

Bad news, people with taste: GG Mega Man is terrible!

Really amazed that they're going to release that and not continue with the GB games.

Though I can't say I want MM2 GB.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

My guess is that Sega pushed for it and Capcom merely signed off on it, similar to some of those later Wii VC releases like Strider.

Good on Sega then.

At least I think so, maybe they can push for some genesis titles on Wii U soon too.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Sarchasm posted:

Five games of content, and this is what they cherry-pick. Worst mix-tape ever.

Yep, they picked only 4 and 5 levels(And Quick Man's Stage from 2).

To be fair that's probably for the best graphically as the MM1 and 2 stages (Hell even some of the 3 stages) are very... empty looking compared to the detailed graphics in 4 and 5. So maybe that could be it, doesn't mean they picked a good lot of stages though, not at all.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Balcony posted:

I'm looking forward to these 3D SEGA Megadrive ports. I hope they all have extras like the CRT effect we were promised for Sonic 1. If they do well, hopefully we will get some SNES 3D classics.

Apparently the S1 3D has some minor sound guffs among some other minor problems, but its really just Sonic 1 with a Spindash, and there are better versions out there.

If you desperately want a rerelease you should try the iOS/Android port as its actually got some new stuff.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Dewgy posted:

What's wrong with Kirby? :smith:

Or Xevious? I mean its not the deepest game but the 3D is absolutely beautiful in that.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

NOA has a habit of listing things with specific release dates that turn out to be wrong, which is why I rarely bring them up in this thread, but since you brought it up... games listed include Pilotwings and Vegas Stakes for Wii U VC, and Spelunker, Crystal Warriors and Sonic Labyrinth for the 3DS VC.

EDIT: oh, and you may or may not be getting Kokuga (the G.rev/Ikaruga guy overhead shooter) on the 3DS eShop in NA this week. (Tentative PAL date is July 11, off the top of my head.)

What is this Vegas Stakes? Some lame-rear end gambling game or something different altogether?

Oh, and we're getting Labyrinth now? At least they didn't make it more than a year off-schedule.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

How would Streets of Rage even work with stereoscopic 3D, short of an Urban Champion-esque overhaul?

Probably something similar to how Kirby's Adventure was made 3D.

Spacebump posted:

I really wish it was Streets of Rage 2.

Maybe they'll do that afterwards, we don't know what they have planned.

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jun 29, 2013

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

homeless snail posted:

Coins do expire eventually, but its something like 2 years after you earn them. They give you a heads up on your account status page.

I believe they'll email you too if Coins are set to expire.

It helps that they spend coins set to expire before spending newer coins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Oh, Starfox 64 and Super Punch Out? I might grab SPO so I can get it discounted on the Wii U VC when it drops but SF64 I might pass seeing as I have it on the 3DS already.