Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Mercurochrome posted:

the game was really repetitive. I lost interest after 25 hours, i think.

Is the town in AC big with a lot of things to do?

There are "New" things to do everyday. You'll get bored eventually, somewhere down the line. You play the game, get a few items to change your house, water some flowers, check the mail, check up on your villagers, play little games with them, maybe go fishing or buy some new shoes. It's very much a relaxation game and not meant to be something that you beat which will probably turn some people off, but it's one of the only games that I regret playing because it absolutely absorbed so much of my time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

deadwing posted:

I have everything except for YNI and Island Tour though, so I think it's yoshi time

Just sell one of the rewards for $5 like Pushmo World to me.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The whole game is terrible. I'm fairly certain you can buy it for like $5 on ebay too. In which case, it'd make more sense to sell Tropical Freeze for $20 and then use that money t buy Yoshi's Island and then a gun for when you finish playing it

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
What's a good price to buy the Oracle games from CN? They're $6 at retail, but I'm trying to get both and while $12 is nothing, if I can save money and get a large fries too, I'll do that

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Suspicious Cook posted:

I've never played Animal Crossing and I'm unsure whether or not I'd get into it. Someone sell me on it.

For reference, the closest thing to a fake life simulator I ever really dug into was Harvest Moon for the GameBoy way back when. I fed those cows and chickens like my life depended on it.

If you loved Harvest Moon and didn't get bored, you will probably cream your pants at Animal Crossing.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Did anyone play that Block game on TI calculators? Is Blockboy similar to that?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I think you're gonna have to be more specific than that. "That block game" describes like 90% of TI calculator games.

I think it was called Block boy which makes it hard to find. it was a boy who had to move a block to climb over things and then eventually get to a door

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
So should I get DK64 or no

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Gonna get it

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

jivjov posted:

So how does one claim a Flipnote code? I forgot all about it until people started chatting about it here.

Log in to your Club Nintendo account and you should see a to do item with a code.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Why do we care about this one and not other ones

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Fremry posted:

It's a shame that they didn't do this before the reviews came in.

I think it's only a thing because of reviews

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
*~*!~resolution~!*~*

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Perfect for 80s babies

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Just hook up your 64 and play Paper Mzario

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Sarchasm posted:

I love "just play it on the original console" arguments because they never take into account that maybe people don't have immediate access to all their childhood consoles.

My N64 is in an attic 2000 miles away, thanks for the advice!

that's a stupid place to keep your own n64

Mercury Crusader posted:

That sounds complicated.

Just buy a CRT TV. They're like $5 at your local thrift store, jeez

they're actually hella free on craigslist

ChaosArgate posted:

Those are heavy and some people might not have the space for one.

people don't live in african huts, they have space

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

SRM posted:

Not everyone lives in their parents' spacious home in the burbs.

i'd imagine if you can pay $10 to join an online forum you can afford to live in a place that isn't the size of a janitor's closet

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

jivjov posted:

A one-time $10 entertainment expenditure does not equal ongoing rent/mortgage payments.

you wouldn't pay $10 to post on a forum if you could only afford a closet sized apartment

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

ChaosArgate posted:

Some people got their account as a gift or bought it when they had more money to spare.

should've gotten a crt instead

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Does anyone have a spare Moon Chronicles code? I have Humble Bundle 7 games to trade if so.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Cave Story+ was one of the games in HB7. Get it here instead

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
No Nicalis games will be added to the Nintendo Humble Bundle.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
all hail doug bowser, new ceo of nintendo

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

less laughter posted:

"End of this month"

It's the day after tomorrow.

Which is the end of this month?????

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Shantae is the best game available on the eShop and The Swapper is a great game as well.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Klaus Kinski posted:

If I own guacamelee, stealth inc and steamworld dig. What other games are worth buying this bundle for?

I will buy this bundle anyway enjoy free keys.

OlliOlli is good, Woah Dave and Mighty Switch Force are also good, and The Fall is a game that is loved by people of all ages.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Everyone should buy Shantae anyway. Truly the best exclusive game the eShop has to offer.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Oh, don't buy it then

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Sticker Star was a horrible game

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Has anyone played Adventures of Pip and is it more interesting than it looks? I've heard a lot of buzz about that game and virt did the music but it doesn't look much better than your average retro nostalgia platformer.

Maybe it's just me, but it looks cool as hell. It goes from 8 bit to 16 bit and even 32 bit, I think. And it's a Metroivania? Sign me the gently caress up assholes

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is Miracle Cure worth the 9 bucks if you've never played a Dr. Mario game and think the character in Smash is a total rear end in a top hat

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
MOTHER is probably my least favorite out of the three, but I'm going to buy this game so hard.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Catalina posted:

At least you're not considering buying a Wii U in the near future primarily because it's an Earthbound machine. :negative::

You can pay like $20 bucks and play it on an old PSP alongside Mother 3

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Sakurazuka posted:

So Earthbound Beginnings is literally just the translated NES ROM with no QoL stuff added then, yes?

It's literally the Earthbound Zero game that was going to come out in the west but was canceled because they thought it wouldn't sell.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
other languages are stupid anyway

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Fabric fettuccini

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

The T posted:

Gender agnostic costumes also existed in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, which predated Tomodachi Life.

Male characters can't wear dresses.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
why not make an sa mart thread i'm so confused

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Did we get any info on how Super Bukoden 3 will work? Will it just be a in-game code or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is it running as a separate download or is the game itself housing the emulator? As in, is it possible that we'll see it as a eShop download sometime in the future?