Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Why is the UK eShop so expensive Jesus Christ :psyduck:

Rhetorical question that I know is probably posted about twice a page, but I cannot get over it. I'd save a few quid per game just by switching within my region to the Euro-store. I don't want to do it because I am irrationally afraid of loving up and losing my funds and/or games. Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I keep checking this thread hoping for a PAL demo for Fire Emblem/EO4 :smith:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Whoa, this is really awesome. Yeah, I really love the extra work they put in to make it seem like a travel guide instead of a game guide. Very nice flavor.

Remember, Earthbound was unique in that the game was sold in a huge box that included the guide with it. So it wasn't even like some add-on thing. That's pretty awesome.

I dunno about older console games, but this sort of thing was huge around that time in PC gaming. It was just standard for boxes to come with maps, "feelies", guides, hintbooks, all sorts of cool additional stuff that really immersed you in the game before you even started playing. Nowadays, you're lucky to find a game for any platform that comes with a manual that's more than just a sheet of paper giving you the URL for a controls reference sheet :smith:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Four Swords isn't even on the EU eShop. Has Nintendo just completely forgotten that we exist again? With the delays and lack of ports on games and the complete lack of decent eShop sales, promotions and pricing, it's beginning to feel like the loving N64 days all over again. :sigh:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Will I get my Super Mario Bros eShop code if I registered in December but forgot to validate the email address until, um, ten minutes ago?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

so is Liberation Maiden worth £2.80? Heard it was really short and overly anime, but £2.80.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Please play DK 94, such a great, tight little game that nobody remembers.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Any UK goons unable to access the page for the free game winter promotion? Club Nintendo's site works fine generally, but the 3DS bonus page just does this. I want my Zelda :(

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Gameko posted:

Hi thread. I have 300 coins to spend (I only own a 3ds) and I'm thinking about one of these downloadable titles: Sakura Samurai, Harmo Knight, or Fluidity. Are they worth it? How about Dillon's Rolling Western? It's hard for me to decide if I should get one of these or if I should just get two classic GB games for 150 each.
Sakura Samurai is v lightweight but it's drat good fun for an afternoon

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mods please change my name to BOWSERS DAD BOD

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I downgraded my New 3DS XL successfully then I tried to downgrade bae's old 3DS XL, accidentally used the New 3DS cias and bricked it :whitewater:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

havenwaters posted:

Might be able to go into recovery and get it back up to 10.6
nope, recovery mode won't launch. Well, she lost my old 3DS which is why I got a New in the first place, so we're even now.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm going to gently caress the NX and cum in it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

so my horrible girlfriend got me a Waluigi Amiibo for Christmas (and, less horribly but not making up for it, a Wooly Yoshi Amiibo). What the hell can I actually do with these? I assume Yoshi will do stuff in Yoshi's Wooly World but I scanned Waluigi into Hyrule Warriors and he gave me milk and I don't want Waluigi milk.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

You can apologise for calling your girlfriend horrible.
never.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Woolly World will take just about any amiibo and knit it into a Yoshi skin. Try using your Waluigi amiibo in the amiibo hut.
oh lord. That'll be good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

I hope his girlfriend is also on the forums and reports that post
She is and she agrees with my assessment

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

It's me I'm the girlfriend and I deserve a partner who knows that the plural of amiibo is "amiibo"
It's not a real word. It can have any plural I want

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Why are you guys communicating via email
We were at work?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I just wanted to ask what Amiibos do :(

Also I'm looking for a cheap Wii U but they don't seem to exist.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Rirse posted:

With the Switch in a month, probably nobody. Why buy eshop games at this point if they are not going to transfer over to it.
Hey I finally bought a Wii U yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Gumtree lol. Gave up waiting for it to ever hit a sane price new