Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders
I finished the other day, though I still have a few combos to unlock. I'm not sure why, but I found it pretty compelling. For a couple of days I was popping into it whenever I had a moment just to mess around.

I do wish I had held on to the hug ticket instead of burning it instantly. Does anyone know what happens if you save it until the end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

The T posted:

You'll now be able to access the home menu and use the in-system notepad to write down the password! No external paper writing utilities required! :downs:

How long has there been an in-system note pad? How do I get to that?

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

Fancy Hat! posted:

Kind of amazed they released RE at 20$. Though with the HD version on the way it makes sense. Good on you, Capcom.

It's not the same game that getting the HD port. It's a standalone version of the Mercenaries mini game that I think has been out since around launch?

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Some ex-WayForward devs are running a Kickstarter for a pseudo-retro platformer called Shovel Knight - it's in development for PC, Wii U and 3DS and if you donate $15 you'll get a free download code for the platform of your choice when it's done:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yachtclubgames/shovel-knight

I just backed it purely too show support for developers offering non-PC codes as rewards. My laptop isn't what it used to be.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

Revol posted:

Super Mario World is great. But why would I pay $8 for this game? It just isn't worth that now. The App Store has changed that. I can buy Lego Batman 2 on my iPhone for $5. This game is, I believe, a near-port of the 3DS/Vita game. Meanwhile, I'm expected to pay $8 for a 20 year old game? Still? $5 for a 30 year old game?

That $20 year old game seems like a better value to me that another Lego game. The value is in the eye of the beholder and the market is willing to pay $8. I'm sure the release will generate plenty of profit for Nintendo.

This race to bottom on pricing can't be good for publishers or developers and I'm glad to see some companies resistive to it in that sense even if as a consumer I'd probably prefer lower prices. Whether it's true or not Nintendo sees themselves as a cut above the average iOS game. By charging more they position themselves as a luxury brand or prestige product in the marketplace and I'm sure that's part of their intent as well.

Anyway, I'm going to plop down the $8 on this myself later tonight. I never owned a SNES and SMW is a huge game with lots to do. I'll probably 100% the drat thing, going after all the Yoshi Coins and secret exits. I'm sure I'll get $8 worth of value out it.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Have there been any Wii U eShop releases that are worth looking into?

Little Inferno is definitely something different and worth checking out.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

Edoraz posted:

Also, getting any VC on the Wii U Wii Mode discounts them later on, when they are released for the Wii U. lovely deal, sure, but I'd rather pay 1.50 for SMRPG on my gamepad than full price. What the hell else am I gonna use those Coins for?

Limited edition gold controllers?

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Rather than thinking of it as DLC, if you think of New Super Luigi U as an expansion pack, the $20 price point doesn't seem as bad. It's got an absolute ton of new content, so $20 isn't a terrible price point, it just seems really expensive because DLC normally isn't any more than 10 or 15 dollars.

Right. They could have chosen to sell this to us in separate pieces rather than in one goo like other publishers do. It seems like it has way more content than your standard $10 AAA game dlc pack. I'm quite fine with the price point.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

irlZaphod posted:

As someone who is really bad at Mega Man games, I'm guessing that I should not play Mega Man X.

I feel like the X series is different enough that you should consider it.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

GameboyHero posted:

Well this is a shock. So Capcom decides to celebrate Megaman in Smash Bros by release MM2, 3 and 4 on Wii U VC. So if you want some more Megaman well there ya go.

Glad I held off on grabbing any of the ones past MM2 on the 3DS. I've been enjoying Mega Man X on the Wii U this week, so maybe I'll move onto MM3 when I'm done.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

elf help book posted:

When you go to buy one, it offers a pack of all 4 for $15.

I bought them all last night and got to use them all after getting a bunch of streetpasses at a midnight movie. They're a lot of fun from what I can tell and there are a lot of new hats and new ways to unlock hats. If you get a lot of streetpasses I think the $15 is worth it, if you don't I'd look the other way.

MiiForce is pretty great.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Wii U dudes, NOA has the Art Academy Miiverse app ("Art Academy: Sketchpad") listed on their website with an August 7 release date, which suggests a simultaneous worldwide launch. No proce listed... maybe it's free?

I think the plan was a free app for Miiverse posting with a full version coming down the road with lessons etc.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

robodex posted:

So basically it's the price of a normal 3DS game now? :v:

That game is beyond worth it at $50 for the amount of content you get. I haven't enjoyed a JRPG as much as I've liked SMT4 since Skies of Arcadia or FFIX.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

OrganizedInsanity posted:

It's passable but seriously annoying. If I remember correctly without the CCP you have to enter first person mode in order to adjust camera, which means you are aiming and can't move. It's not a deal breaker but gets really annoying in boss fights where you have to stop and turn around in order to face the enemy.

Well, there's the quick turn for that so I don't think that's worth complaining about. I thought the controls were fine it plays exactly like RE4/RE5 in terms of movement. The CCP lets you move and and aim at the same time, but the game is deliberate enough about it's choices that the ability to do so makes you a little over powered in my mind. Either way it's a great game and worth picking up on at least one platform.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Did Club Nintendo mail out the rewards for reaching Gold/Platinum yet? It feels a little odd that I haven't gotten an e-mail about it this late in the year.

Not yet. You can log into Club Nintendo to check the status though.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

greatn posted:

But holy poo poo a Goemon game? That's kind of surprising.

Isn't this the second week in a row we've seen a Konami game? Maybe we'll see some Castlevania games before this is over.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

Mercury Crusader posted:

Super Castlevania IV is already on the eShop, if you didn't know.

I had no idea. I've been meaning to grab the SNES Contra game, but that might have to jump the line.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

greatn posted:

This is the first time their reward has been a WiiU game though, right?

When I click through on SMB2:LL it shows information about the Wii VC, for Balloon Fight it says Wii U eshop everywhere. I'm not sure SMB2:LL is acutally a Wii U VC game.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

deafmute posted:

If you link your NNID between your 3ds and Wii U the balance is shared between the 2. If you spent $100 or more at Best Buy you get a $15 gift card. You could get 2 $50 eShop cards($80) and a $35 one($28) for $108 total then get a $15 gift card back.

I think the best way to take advantage of the deal is to get three $35 cards ($28 each) and one $20 ($16 each) card. It'll put you right at $100 and qualify you for the $15 gift card, which you could then go back into the store and use to grab another $20 card.

Edit: Beaten, should have refreshed before posting.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

oneliquidninja posted:

How's Gianna Sisters and Runner 2? I'm thinking of buying one of these today and Gianna Sisters looks more interesting to me but I figured I'd get some feedback first.

I'd choose Runner 2 but you should know that it's an autorunner. I played it pretty obsessively when it came out trying to get perfect runs on levels.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders
I always thought the SNES port of Alpha 2 was supposed to be decent? Saturn > SNES > PSX.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders
If I wanted to play Rondo of Blood today is the Wii VC the best bet? There was a PSP remake at some point, wasn't there?

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

Awesome! posted:

i will warn you all now. do not spend money on woah dave

I kind of love Woah Dave actually. I got it for the 3DS when it was on sale for $1 and it's a nice arcade style high score challenge thing. If that's not your cup of tea, avoid it. Otherwise it's a fun distraction in short bursts

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

Anora posted:

Did you patch it? It plays fine after the patch.

Ive patched it and I get hard crashes maybe one in 10 runs. I still keep playing though because I'm hooked, but it's definitely an ongoing issue.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

Anora posted:

Has anyone that is complaining about it actually played it on the 3DS? I notice that Kelp and I both have it, and aren't having those issues with it.

I've had plenty of hard crashes, it always lets me restart from the floor I was on. I actually think the load time is better than it was on vita. The vita version used to take mpre than minute or two to start. This version is pretty fast. I don't see what people are complaining about with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

Davincie posted:

nicalis is a piece of poo poo that refuses to patch the eu version of isaac on the ps4

I really don't understand how they manage to keep getting work or how companies allow their products on their marketplaces. The 3DS version of 1001 Spikes still hasn't been patched as far as I know and it has bugs that prevent you from finishing the game, IIRC. I think even with the crashes BOI on 3ds is one of their better ports.