Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I don't understand how anyone can think any game but Partners in Time is the worst Mario & Luigi game.

Color Splash update: I got new glasses and now I can actually distinguish most of the blank spots. Still suck at 97-99% on a bunch of levels which is frustrating!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

jivjov posted:

Pretty sure it's locked to your NNID

Yeah, it automatically applies it when you try to buy the game on the eshop

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Nice, definitely gonna pick up Planet Robobot while it's on sale

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I pre-ordered it weeks ago.

I pre-ordered the collector's edition the first day it was available. The music in the XC2 Direct was great and the CE comes with a soundtrack :hellyeah:

Edit:

I'll be disappointed if boobsword isn't an option

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Bust Rodd posted:

Viewtiful Joe is really great fun but may as well be a Platinum Game...

You do know that Hideki Kamiya was the director of Viewtiful Joe right?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The WiiU deluxe rewards program owned and I got like $100 back

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Has anyone heard anything about playing Hyrule Warriors Ultimate Edition wireless co-op? Does it require two copies of the game? Does it run better than the WiiU version's co-op where not enough enemies would spawn so it made getting a high rank nearly impossible?

My wife and I were thinking about each picking up a copy but I haven't heard anything about the wireless co-op except that it exists.

Edit: maybe I should ask this in the Switch/Zelda thread instead.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 12, 2018

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I do hybrid for the field stages and button for the battle stages. Theatrhythm owns, the online battles are fun. I used to play against my sister and torture her by picking One-Winged Angel :laugh:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I’ve never played Okami. Should I get it if I love Zelda and also fluffy doggos? I remember hearing people compare it to Twilight Princess.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

thexerox123 posted:

I'd also rank Okami as the best Capcom-made Zelda, by far. And I say that actually having liked the Oracle games!

I hadn't played it since the Wii, and I am so glad I re-bought it. It holds up well, and the joycon motion controls for the brush are so much better than the wiimote version's.

I started with the Pro Controller and then switched over to the Joy Cons and I agree, the Joy Con controls are great. You only use motion with the brushes and it’s much faster and feels very intuitive. I’m only a few hours in so I don’t have much of an opinion formed yet but I will say Kamiya’s influence is immediately apparent in the design of the wood sprite and the behavior of the perverted artist bug guy.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Child of Light was great, kind of short but a great concept.

TWEWY is the greatest, although I can’t vouch for this version. I’ll wait for initial impressions of the controls before I buy it.

Luigi’s Mansion is good I will probably buy that too

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Idk I really loved the two-screen combat with the light puck passing mechanic, because once you finally got it you felt like a superhero.

How do they handle the light puck in this version? Is it just gone completely? Because the boss difficulty was balanced around getting huge combos that powered you up.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

LEGO Harry Potter collection is $20 on PS4, why the gently caress is it $50 for Switch????

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

bowmore posted:

everything is more expensive on the switch for some reason

Ineffiable posted:

Yeah lego Harry Potter also came out recently on Xbox and its about the same price too.

Just wait for a sale.

I already own it on PS4. I guess it was a PS4 exclusive long enough that the price dropped. Kinda crazy that they would charge so much for it on the other two systems.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I really liked Hollow Knight, should I pick up Celeste? I am also thinking about picking up Shantae since I liked the previous ones but I don’t know much about Half-Genie Hero. Also I heard good things about Bloodstained it’s like a classic Castlevania and not a metroidvania, right? I’m also thinking about getting Undertale because I’ve heard it’s heavily influenced by Earthbound. Is it true that to get the best ending you have to not kill any enemies? Is the game still fun that way?

Nintendo stop putting so many good games on sale I don’t have infinite money

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I started Undertale. I know I have the option of attacking enemies but why would I do that when I can just threaten the frog and then let it live?

I’m excited to play more of this bizarre game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I started Celeste and I tried the B-side of the first stage... hahaha... sorry maybe next time. I could barely get past the first room.