Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Those were some fun levels right there, like how they merged 1-1 and 1-2 from SMB into the first stage, loved the little secrets in the SMB 3 stage, Though found it wierd that the castle had a warp pipe to NSMB2 1-1 filled with gold coin blocks. Would've liked seeing a different retro stage honestly.

They really are a ton of fun. Though the 30,000 coin limit can easily be reached by getting 4,000 coins in World 1 which is quite easy once you do a couple run throughs and find all the secrets, which gets doubled to 8K, 16K and then 32K which is rounded down to 30K. I still got to 30K missing the Flagpole doubler on World 1 too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Pretty good Club Nintendo lineup for games this week!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
ZombieU demo! Wahoo!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I HATE Nintendo's eShops, why is it so hard to simply find all the Demos? I want to download the Bit.Trip Runner demo, but it's nowhere to be found...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I assume he's talking about the Wii U eShop, and/or he's looking for the Runner 2 demo.

Yup... well the demo was on the PS3 store so I'll just play that.

Why can't the eShop just have a demo section in the same place every week?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Artix posted:

Demos are always with the game itself. There's a button on the store page to download the demo. So if you want the demo for Runner 2, just go to Runner 2's store page and (I think) scroll down to the bottom.

It doesn't have a demo apparently, but it does on the PSN. I was going to play the demo just on the Gamepad.

The dedicated demos section seems to come and go from the main page, it's kind of annoying. That is all.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Laser Spider posted:

This month's Club Nintendo reward games are up. 150 coins each for 3D Classics: Kid Icarus, Starship Defense, Mario Tennis (N64 VC), and :siren:Super Punch-Out!!:siren: (SNES VC).

drat, maybe I should reconsider getting VC titles until the WiiU VC service starts. I just have a feeling all this stuff is going to be offered again at some point as a Wii U VC title and I won't have to pay the upgrade fee if I just wait it out

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

NA dudes, your new Club Nintendo digital rewards are up:

Super Mario 64 (Wii VC) - 200 Coins
Super Metroid (Wii VC) - 150 Coins
Kirby's Pinball Land (3DS VC) - 150 Coins
3D Classics Urban Champion (3DS eShop) - 150 Coins

Remember, Super Metroid is going to be the Wii U VC Trial game in a month or two, so if you own a Wii U you're better off just waiting for the Wii U version and then buying it for 30c.

Under no circumstances should anyone download Urban Champion.

Hmm... 400 coins that expire in 3 months, might as well buy Mario 64!

Edit: Bonus! Completely forgot I had 1800 points in my eShop that I forgot about. Bought F Zero X and Super Mario RPG as well.

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Apr 9, 2013

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So... did they just announce "launch titles" where half of them have already been released at 30 cents each?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Will we be able to upgrade the Wii VC titles to the WiiU as soon as the VC service starts in the WiiU eShop?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Revol posted:

Why are people going to pay $8 for an old SNES game, when they can buy new games on their cell phone, which usually have better graphics and newer gameplay, for only a dollar? Or, when it's so damned easy to just download the ROM? I have Super Mario World on my iPhone!

Because I can't buy Super Mario World for $1 on my smart phone? Comparing SMW to a $1 smart phone game is like comparing a $1500 Macbook Air to a lovely $300 Dell laptop. Yes, they are both computers, but one clearly has better quality than the other.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Revol posted:

All I'm trying to say is... if the consumer has the option between a $1 Angry Birds game or an $8 Mario game, they're likely to choose Angry Birds. But if that Mario game is instead $3, I think Nintendo is going to sell a lot more of the game, and make more money in the end.

Its priced the way it is for a good reason. If they made SMW only $1 it would get a lot more sales for sure, but 8x as many sales? Actually they had to sell 9x as many copies to make a bigger profit.

I'd honestly still buy just as many VC games as I do now if the price was lower. Having looked at my play history on my Wii and seeing games I paid $5-$8 for that I only played for less than half an hour makes me really consider all my purchases.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
What exactly were the difference between Oracle of Ages and Seasons? I always assumed it was like Pokemon where they were fairly similar.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Nonsense posted:

I'm unsure if its more appropriate to ask here, but I just received DKCR in the mail today. I wanted to register and add it to my Club Nintendo coins. I reached platinum a few days ago though, and have 350 coins as of now. Should I wait until the roll over, or is it safe to go ahead and add coins now even though I've reached platinum?

edit: I'll add that I barely bought the 3DS in April and I've never reached platinum before on Club Nintendo. This is a bit new to me is all.

After I reach platinum I hold off on registering all games until after the Club Nintendo year rolls over July 1st. But I always seem to have at least half a dozen codes ready to enter July 1st. One year I even reached platinum on July 1st.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So how long do you have to take the Post Play survey on eShop Downloads for coins? Want to get the Zelda Oracle games, but I reached Elite for the year. I don't NEED them immediately, but would love to take advantage of having the coins go towards 2014 and getting the sale.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Palmtree Panic posted:

New Club Nintendo rewards are up:

Super Mario 3- Wii VC
F-Zero X-Wii VC
Link n' Launch- DS Ware
Metroid 2 -3DS VC

So pretty decent selection again.

Kills me that the last two games I bought with my Wii Points were Super Mario RPG and F-Zero X, and both were just offered with Club Nintendo!

Oh well... 200 coins expiring and I still haven't picked up Super Mario 3. Suppose I'll get that.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Yoshi is so horrible, but at 30 cents, eh...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

irlZaphod posted:

It's honestly ridiculous that the Wii VC library didn't carry over to the WiiU.

I have no idea what kind of voodoo magic they need to so to get them as a WiiU VC title, but at least you can play them in Wii Mode immediately which is a step up above PS4 and Xbox which will have zero backwards compatibility.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Since they're still releasing games on there (They're all Neo-Geo games lately but the point still stands), I take it that the Wii Shop will stay up, at least until the Wii is discontinued. And even then it'll probably remain up until Nintendo decides to remove Wii functionality from Wii U systems (Which hopefully they won't do.)

It would be pretty lovely if they took down the Wii Shop Channel, especially considering their whole work around to their small as hell internal storage was to simply redownload stuff off the shop when you want to play it. I would imagine that shutting down the shop would cause a fair amount of people to lose purchases that they simply could not fit onto internal storage.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

NA dudes, note the Wii U/Club Nintendo promotion - it might help you hit gold/platinum, if that's something you care about.

Wonder if that included the 30 cent Mario and Yoshi game and if I can apply the points toward next years Club Nintendo year.

I'm probably sitting on like 500 coins to enter right now too!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I have 50 coins expiring tonight... oh well, nothing I really want in the shop, would rather hoard them for more VC titles.

I think I might have enough coins to go gold for sure, maybe platinum if I ender all my codes tomorrow.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I do not understand Flower Town at all... It's just I can't understand how this is even a game.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

The T posted:

Likewise for the Oracle games and I'm guessing Shantae not having their GBA features. (Oracle games have 2 extra shops; Shantae had a slightly updated graphic mode and a few extra abilities I think?) I'm not even positive on if Shantae doesn't have them, but I don't see why it would if the Oracle games don't.

I completely forgot about the GBA Shop. Now I'm remember the mystery locked shop.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Zaphod42 posted:

Remember, Earthbound was unique in that the game was sold in a huge box that included the guide with it. So it wasn't even like some add-on thing. That's pretty awesome.

That always initially put me off to the game. As a kid I imagine a game so difficult that they had to include a players guide with it. Then I rented it and did pretty well on my own without the guide so I decided to get it. Then realized that now that I had the guide I kept looking at it the whole time and probably ruined the game for me.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
One year I went to a Blockbuster that was shutting down and asked for the Club Nintendo pins codes, they didn't care... now I have a backlog of codes to enter every year and wait until July 1st

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

There's a new firmware update for 3DS (6.2.0-12), it adds support for the new Streetpass Relay feature.

I hope this works as soon as tomorrow, I pass 2 of the Nintendo Zone hot spots on the way to work, and got 3 street passes on the way to work today. Will be curious if I get any.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

ookiimarukochan posted:

I went through 4 or 5 Nintendo Zone hot spots (lots of chain coffee shops / pubs!) a few hours ago and not one street pass! I hope that it's just that I was just the first person in my area to be out and about with updated firmware, and not that this is going to be some sort of weird complex cluster-gently caress of a thing to do (but with Nintendo, going by past performance who knows?)

Same here, I walked past two, one of which was immediately next to an exit of a train so it should have heavy foot traffic. My iPhone connected to the AT&T Wifi so I'm assuming my 3DS did too, no street pass. Well maybe I'm the first to hit those relay stations...

Also, took me until E5 Paranormal Chaos in Luigi's Mansion to finally feel challenged in the game. What a fun level though.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Pyrovile posted:

It's really weird that they are releasing three versions of Street Fighter 2 at the same time and having a buy two get one free promotion on them.
I mean, I guess it's better than slowly drip feeding them in release order like I think they did on the Wii VC, but is there any reason why someone wouldn't only buy the most recent version?

I remember being pissed as a kid getting Street Fighter 2 Turbo and then a few months later they came out with Super Street Fighter 2 with 4 more characters.

I am sure there is some purist out there that must insist on playing the original. Fighting game fans are weird like that.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Awesome! posted:

No you need to spoof your MAC address too. It has been discussed quite a bit in the 3ds thread if you feel like going back some pages.

That's the hardest part though. I'm on a Mac and can't figure it out for the life of me...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Gotta call bullshit on the tax free. i get taxed for all eShop purchases. Thus getting stuff physically is cheaper for me, mainly because I get stuff Tax and Shipping free with Amazon.

Unlike PSN which doesn't follow those rules for some reason.

I guess its easier for folks who buy prepaid cards and set their state to Delaware or something but not here.

I forget what Zip Code I put in, but I don't get taxed or anything... Nintendo's eShop does it by what zip code you chose rather than billing address which is kind of nice.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

RMZXAnarchy posted:

That must only work with pre-paids as with my Credit card it doesn't accept the zipcode if the billing address doesn't match the location of the zipcode.

I'm pretty sure I put my actual credit card info into the eShop. But I do primarily buy the eShop cards at Best Buy. That way I get Best Buy Rewards, Gamers Club Rewards, Credit Card Rewards, and then the 10% back by buying through the eShop. Comes out to like 16% back.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly, "hey, if you already have the balance board, here is the new thing + game for $20 for a limited time" is a pretty nice deal.

Yeah, I can get behind that. For $20 why not?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Sarchasm posted:

Chris Kohler at Wired had a really good take on this: The digital version isn't two weeks early, the retail version is two weeks late. It's going to be on shelves when Nintendo gets the goods pressed, assembled, and shipped. Their first retail commitment that month is to the Wii U Zelda bundle, and everything else becomes secondary.

I bet he also would say that Nintendo is charging a $30 premium for Wii Fit on a disc..

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Neo Rasa posted:

Buy now, I believe Donkey Kong Country was also pulled from the US shop very suddenly without warning while its removal was announced elsewhere.

Yeah, but... Yoshi's Cookie. I got this game for free and I haven't played it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Lunaris posted:

New Club Nintendo games are up:
Metroid for 3DS - 150 coins
Dillon's Rolling Western for 3DS - 200 coins
Link to the Past for Wii - 150 coins
Art Style Cubello for Wii - 150 coins

Putting Dillon's up there is pretty interesting, and is a good deal for the coins imo.

For those that just scroll over the thread...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Hey, new Club Nintendo games are up as of today

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Yeah, running the GBA Ambassador Titles disables things like street pass if you have them open, so the emulators could use a lot of work.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
How much space does 1080 Snowboarding take up? I have a ton of coins that are expiring this year, might as well spend them.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I don't quite understand how Rusty's Real Deal Baseball is even a game. I played the first demo, it was incredibly boring. I can't see anybody paying anything for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
With the simplicity of the game, and the focus on microtransactions... it seems like it's marketed towards younger kids that will actually enjoy it, but can't be played unless an adult approved of every single microtransaction.