Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Kirios posted:

Please tell me those Batman games are going on sale in the US too...

Fair warning, Arkham Origins U is a gimped version with a fair chunk of DLC cut, never to appear on the console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Kirios posted:

I...doubt I'm missing out on that much.

Sure, just wanted to let you know in case you were dead set on playing Cold Cold Heart too :)

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
So that Mario Kart 8 promotion, here are my choices:

Pikmin 3
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Wii Party U
The Wonderful 101
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

My first guess would be to jump on MH3U, as I've never played one. What does it play like? Are any of the others worth taking over it?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Dude, you don't have Wonderful 101, get that immediately.

The game had a ton of hype and then when it released there was nothing. Radio silence. I guess I assumed it wasn't very good? v:shobon:v I'll look into it!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
So I'm going on holiday next week and I'll have two flights and some time in my afternoons to chill out with handhelds. What's recommended on 3DS these days? Preferably in the pick-up-and-play for 15 mins to an hour kind of range (or in the get-absorbed-for-a-whole-plane-trip range)

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I couldn't get into Pullblox or Steamworld but I just looked up Harmoknight and all anyone needed to say was 'Pokemon music in a rhythm game' and it's an instant sale :allears: Thanks for recommendations guys! I also picked up Kirby 3D at TRU today.

E: Goddamn, even the demo for HarmoKnight is pretty brutal! I like it though, it's charming. Definitely going to pick it up though I don't think I'll be very good at it :ohdear:

Waldorf Sixpence fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 15, 2014

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
What's gotten everyone so excited about Shovel Knight? I just looked it up and it's another 8-bit inspired indie platformer - is there something special about it?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
It's awesome and has good music and has a surprisingly good UI for a GameBoy TCG.

Also

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

homeless snail posted:

There is zero reason to play it in 2014 but at the time it was hella cool.

Nostalgia purposes? Wanting to play a pretty good TCG without investing money into the modern format? Wanting to avoid the modern format altogether anyway? There's plenty of reasons to play it.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

homeless snail posted:

Playing a bad game for nostalgia purposes is kind of sad, and there are a million ways to play Pokemon TCG without buying cards nowadays.

It wasn't a bad game though? If playing bad games for fun or nostalgia is sad then you might wanna go close down the LP forum. The free online version is alright, but you really do have to sink some cash into it to have much fun with it.

I'm gonna download it and enjoy it anyway, just wish it had link-up :unsmith:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL update (week of July 10):

Not much in the way of new releases, but there are some decent upcoming sales... Steamworld Dig, Steel Diver Sub Wars and EARTHBOUND.

Why isn't Earthbound available on the 3DS? I'd buy it but honestly if it's not portable there doesn't seem to be much point.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I hope you at least kept your GBA and didn't have to apologise and give it back.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I have never heard of Galgun so I looked it up on Google and I think I am probably on some sort of watchlist now thanks goons :mad:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
As a Brit who has to pay 20% tax on literally everything all the time I just want to give a big old middle finger to anyone who can just choose not to pay tax, you lucky bastards.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Nintendo does DLC? :psyduck: This isn't a shitpost by the way, I literally did not know they have ever done anything like this.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

They've done a bunch of it over the last couple years on both Wii U and 3DS, they've even got a couple of free-to-play games.

The only game I can think of that I've played was Ace Attorney with the Orca case, but that wasn't first party or anything. Huh.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Is this the same Layton/Wright game that Europe got months and months ago?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Layton x AA is way more of an AA game than a Layton game and I don't think it'd be a good first impression for anyone who hasn't played a Layton game, honestly.

That's odd. As someone who didn't like the Layton games, I found LxW to be far too much of a Layton game to bother with. Not enough AA.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I'll never get the Kid Icarus love. I played the first level or two, it was a horrendous explosion of colours and I had no idea what was going on. Plus the controls were, as people have said, awkward as hell. Just can't get into it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I just got the Smash code in my inbox from GAME. When will I be able to use it, midnight?