Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Balcony
Sep 8, 2005
Dear Deidre...
The e-shop age restriction is a big gently caress you to those who work shifts during the night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balcony
Sep 8, 2005
Dear Deidre...

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

So, how about that Wii U?

We had to wait months to even get the eshop firmware update on the 3DS. At least there are already a few demos, full retail titles and a couple of interesting indie games on the WiiU eshop. They do need to start adding more soon though.

Balcony
Sep 8, 2005
Dear Deidre...

Saoshyant posted:

I'm receiving notes using new features which I can't even see properly.

We can still receive US notes, but what's weird is when you open a letter the thumbnail pages can be in different colours, but the game will still only display the actual full sized letter in 1 colour for all pages.

Box of Bunnies posted:

Welp, it was nice while it lasted.

The press release states this game was actually optimised for PAL by the developers. That is unlike 99% of games from that time period, so maybe the difference isn't going to be a problem this time.

Balcony
Sep 8, 2005
Dear Deidre...
The European Club Nintendo is now letting you register things you've downloaded from the eshop. You just have to fill in a short* survey for 50 stars. This includes free downloads such as Nintendo Video (3DS) and the freemium TANK TANK TANK (wii U). So you can download these with no intention of playing them and get free stars. However, in typical Nintendo fashion some games I have actually paid for can't be registered e.g. Zen Pinball 3D can't be registered, whereas Marvel Pinball 3D and Zen Pinball 2 (Wii U) can. Still, I've just got easily another 500 stars closer to that classic SNES controller.

* = tedious

Balcony
Sep 8, 2005
Dear Deidre...

Box of Bunnies posted:

No mention of being American versions of Mega Man or Pac Man in the press release, either. Guess we're back to good ol' 50hz goodness.

I don't think there is any reason to assume that. The version of Ice Climbers released last week on the Wii U Virtual Console says it is the American version on its e-shop listing. When it was released on Wii it was PAL. To my knowledge only 2 PAL versions have been released on Wii U virtual console so far and they are Balloon Fight and the PAL optimized Kirby's adventure. After the criticism of balloon fight I think they have pretty much stuck to the US versions.

Balcony
Sep 8, 2005
Dear Deidre...

New 3DS firmware update!

This update also includes a whole bunch of new (paid) Streetpass Plaza junk, including "Streetpass Squad", "Streetpass Garden", "Streetpass Battle" and "Streetpass Mansion".

EDIT: €4.99 each, €14.99 as a bundle.

Have those 4 new paid Mii Plaza games been previously announced? Because it's like they have appeared from nowhere. They look kind of cool, in there own ways but I'm still struggling to complete the puzzles and I'm repeatedly slogging through the 2nd quest to consider buying them. I wonder: Do the people you streetpass with have to have the DLC installed in order to play with them? Also, if you don't have the DLC will you be able to see the new hats on other Miis still?

Balcony
Sep 8, 2005
Dear Deidre...
Is Trine 2 worth the £6.99 download cost?

I'm looking forward to these 3D SEGA Megadrive ports. I hope they all have extras like the CRT effect we were promised for Sonic 1. If they do well, hopefully we will get some SNES 3D classics.

Balcony
Sep 8, 2005
Dear Deidre...
Unused European Smash Bros Bros 3DS Demo codes. Take them if you want them:

A05VRQWU31JG0KQF
A05VP15K13UMHLKD
A05VQE2P000Q5M45

I thought the demo was pretty meh. It looks pretty ugly (compared to other games like MK7, 3D Land, Kid Icarus and Resident Evil Revelaitions) and there's so much going on screen that it's difficult to see on an original 3DS. Maybe it's better on a XL, but I think I'll stick to the Wii U version, which looks gorgeous from the screenshots.

Balcony
Sep 8, 2005
Dear Deidre...
about 2pm GMT

Balcony
Sep 8, 2005
Dear Deidre...

club nintendo is dead

Club Nintendo was great for getting Wii shop points, but they never had points on there which were compatible with 3DS or Wii U eshop. So I lost loads of stars waiting in vain for that, or one of those cool SNES classic controllers but for the Wii U.

Like the poster above, I recently ended up just using a load of points on mario kart t-shirt I probably won't wear just because my imaginary star points were going to 'expire'.

Also I can't believe that it has taken this to finally get flipnote 3D - years after they killed off the excellent letter box/swapnote app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balcony
Sep 8, 2005
Dear Deidre...
I loved the first mighty switch force when it came out on 3ds, and then after the second one came out I drunkenly downloaded the same one again on wii u by mistake - thinking hyper drive was the second one. Now I will be downloading the real second one! And some megadrive 3D games!