Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Minidust posted:

Got an email for this new offer. Add $100 to your Wii U eShop account, get additional $10 credit (or add $50-$99.99 in funds to get $5). http://club2.nintendo.com/rebate/?om_rid=AAB3hV&om_mid=_BR7atjB80DAWB9&eid=EM10116#.Ue2vQY2shQY

That a pretty nice deal if you got a deluxe, as you get the amount again when you spent the wallet funds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

RMZXAnarchy posted:

What did you expect from NoA? Quality releases on time?

I mean poo poo, we got Kid Icarus two weeks later than Europe did so we didn't even get that "Buy Kid Icarus or Metroid get the other 50% off" deal (Not that I need to buy Metroid again, I've already got it on my 3DS and don't feel any reason to get it on my Wii U as well.)

Or the fact we still don't have Warioland 3. NoA sucks for the most part, ugh.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kurtofan posted:

Breath of Fire II coming to Wii U VC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppm5ZAkJTlM

Hope this and Secret of Mana/Final Fantasy VI get here soon. I know the later two just shown up over in Japan recently, so barring another Kirby Dreamland 2 long hiatus, it shouldnt take too long for Square to put those out. I just want some more RPGs to play.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mercury Crusader posted:

That's kinda weird. Are they skipping the first game?

I think the reason why Breath of Fire 1 isn't coming (it was skipped over on the Wii as well) is because in the US it got published by Square back on the SNES.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Help Im Alive posted:

The only Breath of Fire game I've played is Dragon Quarter, is BoF2 worth getting excited for?

Breath of Fire 2 was quite good but it suffers from a really bad translation. That said, it's the very first JRPG with the evil religion as it's plotline.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

njsykora posted:

Huh, I know I have a BoF game on Wii VC. I figured it couldn't be 2 because a game that was on Wii VC and is coming to Wii U VC really isn't that big an announcement.

It was Breath of Fire 2. Capcom tends to announce their releases in advance like the Megaman entries.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

DoctorOfLawls posted:

So Aksys said they fixed the save bug in the 3DS eShop version of Virtue's Last Reward - see this post on the comments section of their Facebook page:

Aksys Games Localization, Inc. The save glitch in the PEC room has been addressed in the eShop version.
August 22 at 12:43pm · 5

https://www.facebook.com/AksysGames?hc_location=timeline

Can anyone that bought the digital version confirm this?

From people in the 3DS thread mentioned, they just flat out disable saving in the puzzle rooms. :effort:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wasn't it about this time when the new Club Nintendo rewards were suppose to go up?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Does anyone remember Rage of the Gladiator, one of WiiWare's least terrible games? No? Well, it's coming to 3DS eShop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3NH0JKJAhY

Seen a friend of mine stream it and it was honestly looked fun, even if a bit janky.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Myrmeleo posted:

All that's missing on the US eShop update for today is that US also gets the three Final Fights for the SNES on the Wii U.

There's also a special deal: Buy any Final Fight, and you'll get 50% off your purchase of another fighting game, like Street Fighter II' Turbo: Hyper Fighting. This offer is good til 10/10/2013.

Edit: Oh! Also, Witch & Hero has a demo up on the 3DS eShop now.

Wouldn't mind doing that deal to get Final Fight 2 and 3 since I already have the excellent arcade version of the original on XBLA.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mercury Crusader posted:

The first game, from what I can tell, was just Capcom trying to shove as much poo poo into the smallest/cheapest cartridge they could, what with it being the early days of the SNES and all. It's alright, but the other two are better. Final Fight 2 is arguably better than Final Fight 3. While Final Fight 3 has more features, it's also way too easy, even at the hardest difficulty setting. It's pretty much the opposite of Streets of Rage 2 versus Streets of Rage 3, where SoR3 had more going for it but was unnecessarily difficult.

Also if you got a PS3 or XBox 360, get the Final Fight Double Impact release for $10 then grab Final Fight 2 and 3. The Double Impact release has the arcade version with none of the changes the SNES version suffered from, like the removal of Guy, the changing of Poison to some generic guy, and the removal of Rolento's stage.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Artix posted:

So just a heads up with regards to the Final Fight deal, you can't use it to get the other Final Fight games. I grabbed 2 for the hell of it, and 1 and 3 aren't discounted - only the Street Fighter 2 games.

That sucks. That must be a glitch, since on the page it seems to indicate all six of those games can be discounted.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

PAL update (week of October 24):

NA update (week of October 24):

NA dudes, note the Resident Evil sale - all those games are worth owning, and the 3DS versions in particular are must-haves at that price.

(Next week's spoooooooooky Wii U VC game is Super Castlevania 4, as far as I can tell.)

I would love a updated version of Super Castlevania. I loved the Metroidvania ones a lot, but always a sucker for this game. Helps it has some kickass music for a launch title for the SNES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoQex8CB9eA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYm6N5aM2wI

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
drat, I am hundred coins short to get Dillion. Thought I had a unused pin key for Luigi's Mansion, but I was wrong. :smith:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

BoredMarc posted:

Hmm, I have enough points to get Dillians rolling western or Metroid... I wish a Link to the past was available on 3ds...

Does Metroid on the virtual console have some sort of saving mechanism besides the passwords? I have a copy for the nes but I hate the password system.

I played through the original Metroid on the 3DS and do indeed have a save state option in the menu along with suspend play.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Sex_Ferguson posted:

We can put entire games on SD cards, right? Two gigs is more than my 3DS can seem to handle.

Oh yeah. I have Mario Kart 7, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Animal Crossing on my SD card along with a bunch of eShop games.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Something I am curious about. When the Miiverse and your login comes to the 3DS and it merges some parts of the store...does that also count the 3DS eShop purchases toward the WiiU Digital Deluxe reward program of spending $50 gets you $5 back?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Well its no surprise Megaman week was going to be "Lets just discount the NES games, releasing new games what is this nonsense :downs:", but they don't even bother to include 5/6 and the one gameboy game on the 3DS? Or X? Hell why not put more games out (Like X2 or those GB games we were promised ages ago) at an introductory sale price or something.

This Character week thing is turning out to be a load of poo poo if its just gonna be discounts on games almost everybody owns a copy of now or only discounts of NES games which is what its looking to be (Save for Links Awakening on 3DS but that's the only exception so far.)

Doesn't help the discounts are so minor. If they were a $1.50 or so I would grab the ones I don't have, but since it only a $.150 off the base price, I just skip the sale. Also why release Megaman X2 when you get Brawl Brothers a game I literally never heard of, and I grew up on the SNES!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Surprised at Super Mario Land 1 not being discounted, then again it wasn't that great of a game. Man, I really want to get Contra 3...such a good game that I am horrible at.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Supercar Gautier posted:

For each of these "character weeks", there's been at least one new game they could have added to the VC and didn't. They could have put up LttP for Zelda, SMB3 for Mario, MMX2 for Megaman, and a DKC game for Donkey Kong. It makes no sense not to have done so.

It's baffling the way they turned on the tap for VC games for a little while, then cranked it back down to a drip.

Even more so compared to the Wii, where it had three games per week for a year, where the WiiU just has one or no games. You figured they would speed it up to help sales.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What time does the Club Nintendo rewards cycle out? Today the date for it being changed to the December offerings, but it still showing the old games.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Spacebump posted:

They pushed it back a day on the Club Nintendo website. Yesterday it said until the 8th, today it says until the 9th.

That's pretty lame. Especially since that means it won't even be posted until tomororw then. Watch it be a bunch of garbage like Urban Champion, Donkey Kong NES with the missing pie factory, and two DSi shovelwares.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm curious, since the store accounts are merged now, does that mean the Deluxe Edition's "Spend $50 and get $5 back" now applies to the 3DS?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Is there a good reason Balloon Fight costs more than Lost Levels?
HD tax?

Even more so weird when Lost Levels is $6 in the Wii Store due to being a import.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Another JP update: they're getting Romancing SaGa on the WU VC next week. Come on, Square-Enix, throw the rest of us a bone.

That never had a official English translation, so that won't be coming here. Shame, as I always enjoyed the SaGa series outside of the horrible Unlimited SaGa.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

robodex posted:

Nintendo is literally a brick wall when it comes to listening to what customers actually want so I doubt that they actually listen to the Club Nintendo feedback about the release schedule

Pretty much, but if anyone complains about not caring about the story in a RPG, then they dumb it down to almost nothing and make the game have no EXP or money.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Artix posted:

So basically every sale we got from Ubisoft was 25-33% at best. You know why your poo poo doesn't sell? Because you're still charging 60 goddamn dollars for ZombiU. gently caress, even Assassin's Creed 3 has seen a price drop.

Even dumber when I was able to pick ZombiU used on Black Friday last month for $9! That how much it should be put on sale to drive people to pick it up. They should know better since they actually do put decent prices on their Steam sales.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
They really need to fire Reggie and get someone better in charge of NoA.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

bushisms.txt posted:

I thought Iwata was NOA head now?

Oh yeah that's right. I keep thinking Reggie is the President of NoA, but he more of a figurehead at this point. Still wish they speedup the VC releases here.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Jazama posted:

If you have a (NA, don't know about the other regions) 3DS, The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition is being sold for free. After four days, it will disappear again.

Yeah the Nintendo twitter just tweet about it just now. It will be available until 2/2.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ohnoitschris posted:

You're hosed unless you can come across another DSi with Four Swords, and just system transfer that one's copy off to yours.

You know Four Swords is free in the eShop until tomorrow night.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

I probably won't be able to post the NA update until after the Direct, but I can say that you're (probably) getting Super C (NES) on the Wii U VC, and I think there's another Wii Street U update, not that anyone cares.

Why doesn't Konami want to re-release the original Contra anymore?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

C-Euro posted:

I'm out of the loop but is the 3DS ever going to get GBA emulation? I still have the cart and a working GBASP but I'd love to play Aria of Sorrow again, it's probably my favorite Castlevania title.

While the 3DS isn't looking to get a GBA emulator soon, The WiiU is getting one and Aria of Sorrow is one of the first titles coming out for it. A shame they can't get the GBA emulator improved, since it would be nice to get a updated version of the Ambassador games I have, since while they play perfectly fine (played the entirely of Fire Emblem Sacred Stones on the 3DS), the lack of save states and even suspend wasn't so fun.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Hooray, I been wanting to grab Kirby Adventure 3D for a long while.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Anyone have any luck downloading the season pass for Mario Golf 3DS? I bought it using the bonus from the digial deluxe program after getting Mario Kart 8. I will try downloading it, but it will hit 16% then stall for a minute before giving me error code 009-2913. It has the useless "turn off your firewall" instruction, but kinda curious if it errors because the last DLC isn't out yet.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Zaphod42 posted:

I and several other goons of the mario golf thread have bought the season pass and successfully downloaded only the first DLC. Then when the second came out I downloaded that one too, although it was a pain to make it realize it had to update. So you should be able to download what's out so far.

Maybe try downloading just the packs that are out, instead of the whole thing? I can't remember which part I downloaded. If it tries to charge you then just back out, but hopefully it shouldn't.

Yeah that's what I am probably going to do. Thankfully I already saw on the download page the other packs are listed as "redownload". Hope the Roselia map comes out soon so I can not only get that, but also get Gold Mario.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Ugh still can't download the DLCs for Mario Golf when just selecting individual ones and restarting the cable modem/wifi. This is so odd since downloading on the 3DS has always worked perfectly fine.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Zaphod42 posted:

You get gold mario instantly. I have gold mario, toadette, and nabbit, but I don't have the Reselia map pack or the 4th character.

:smith:

Still can't download it. I tried deleting the DLC content I had for it, just selecting only Mushroom DLC, standing next to the Wifi router...and it always just get stuck at a random number between 1 - 40 and just sits there for a minute until it errors and get a stupid message from Toad saying it failed. Don't think the modern/router combo that Comcast provided can have it's firewall turned off so I have no clue what to do next. This makes no sense since the trial dlc downloaded perfectly fine a few weeks ago!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
A whole bunch of Capcom games are coming to NA/EU VC soon.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2014/06/09/virtual-console-update-gba-titles-breath-of-fire-and-more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

univbee posted:

That's not virtual console, is it?

Shantae GBC is on the VC for the 3DS.