Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

raditts posted:

What does "there aren't enough jeopardies" mean anyway?

My guess is it's a weird way of saying "The stakes aren't high enough" or "There aren't enough opportunities for people to gently caress up."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Glenn_Beckett posted:

I could NOT believe how stupid they were for being like "oh, american icons, pulitzer, rock and roll hall of fame, minnesota... I GUESS I'LL PICK LITERALLY ANYONE BUT BOB DYLAN BLEEP BLORP I'M A RETARD ROBOT"

Frankly, I guessed Prince too, because in my head Bob Dylan is so associated with Greenwich Village and New York that I forgot he was from Minnesota.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

escape artist posted:

Ugh... I just realized the Balkan country they wanted is obviously Montenegro.

Was that the 50% vegetation/carbon/bullshit whatever question? Like the second to last one? If so, I had no idea what they were asking for either and ended up leaving it blank.

I went with peat. I probably was wrong.

I feel like I did alright, though.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

escape artist posted:

Peat is what I was thinking, but I didn't type it.

I figured it was better to put something than nothing.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

BelgianSandwich posted:

Looks like I got the dreaded 34 (at most). In years past 35 was passing.

I wonder if they will accept "herbert hooiver." But it doesn't matter as I included that in the 34.

I got 34, unless Somalia is acceptable for the Horn of Africa question, in which case I got 35. drat.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
It goes See Category -> Place Wager -> See Question -> Answer Question

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Ken Jennings is goddamned amazing.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Guin-nehs? gently caress you, kid.

e: HAMLET, YOU loving KIDS. COME ON.

BrooklynBruiser fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Feb 13, 2013

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Holy Christ that was ballsy, Leonard. You loving own.

e: Just got to final Jeopardy. Holy poo poo Leonard, you're the best.

BrooklynBruiser fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 13, 2013

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

:allears:

The best possible ending.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Bahahahaha, Alex's Mike Tyson impression. Oh my god.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
I deeply dislike Eileen, and I can't figure out why.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
I was watching with my mom - she went with Belize, I went with Costa Rica.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
It should be Ken Jennings, but it won't :(

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

CarbonCpy posted:

There is also rumor of Brian Williams and Dan Patrick as other possible names.

Honestly, if they really want to go with someone with journalism experience, they really can't go wrong with Pat Kiernan. He needs another game show after VH1 decided against another World Series of Pop Culture, the cretins.

Brian Williams or Anderson Cooper would own.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Glenn_Beckett posted:

Scrambled Fish is the stupidest and easiest category of all time.

I didn't get mackerel :(

I kept track for idle fun, and counting daily doubles as the value of the space and taking away cash when I was wrong, I would have been at $27,400 by FJ.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Glenn_Beckett posted:

Was it just me or was final jeopardy REALLY easy today? I mean, admittedly I guessed International Space Station for a split second before switching to MIR. Even so, ISS was a very dumb guess.

It was pretty easy - I wavered between MIR and Skylab for about 10 seconds before settling on MIR.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

"Some guy in Normandy"

That was THE BEST FJ ever.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

Sorry, but I just started a new job which means that I'm rarely home for Jeopardy anymore. Also, you all convinced me that if I just checked my Gmail spam folder, I'd find a missing audition email, and that just got my hopes up way too high.

You and me both. :smith::hf::smith:

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

mennoknight posted:

As the contestant coordinators told us - we don't care what question you use, or even if it makes sense...as long as it's a question,

Can people just say it, but with a quizzical look on their face and their voice going up an octave during the last syllable? :v:

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So besides Ken Jennings whose twitter account speaks for itself, Colby has to be the coolest Jeopardy contestant in recent memory right? At least tied with that black kid who won the Teen Tournament like a boss.

The only way that finale of the teen tournament would have been if he hosed up and wagered too much, and crashed and burned while being smug about it.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Yeah, unfortunately, religion is a huge part of our history and cultural heritage. It makes sense for it to show up a lot.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Carlos has too much head and not enough face.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Just registered to take it tonight, because why not? :toot:

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
gently caress that test.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

What was the Urdu-named cloth? That was the one that really left me baffled.

No idea. I guessed pith.

And because I'm an idiot, even though I absolutely love The Hunger Games I blanked on Suzanne Collins' name until one second before time ran out.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Troy Queef posted:

I put down khaki.

Son of a gently caress!

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
I'm glad it was a hard test and it's not just that I'm an idiot.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
I wonder if there's been any trouble with the current champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
poo poo, none of them got enrichment? That was easy as hell. And yeah, that Selena joke was excellent.