Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I love Jeopardy but I always feel bad for the people that don't win, they only get a $2,000 or $1,000 consolation prize. Wheel of Fortune is the game to play for maximum cash potential even though I sometimes feel my IQ lowering as I watch people miss-guess puzzles.

Really can't stand Alex Trebek, when he retires (which I hope is soon), I want Ken Jennings as the new host. He is so loving funny, if you aren't following him on Twitter you are missing out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

mattfl posted:

Does anyone remember when on Wheel the contestants used the money their won during the game to buy prizes?? No one I know remembers that, I'm not making that up am I?

I used to watch Wheel of Fortune reruns on Game Show Network years ago and yes, when the show first started the money you won had to be spent on items that decorated the sets. It would be stuff like dinner wear, outdoor furniture, trips, etc.

Wikipedia says: The shopping element was eliminated from the syndicated version on the episode that aired October 5, 1987, both to speed up gameplay and to reduce the taxes paid by contestants. :ms:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Logged in and ready for a bruised ego!

Also drinking a Hopslam (10% ABV beer) that just came out today, this will definitely improve my performance.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Guys it's ok Ken Jennings has us covered:

http://ken-jennings.com/blog/archives/4192 (more at link)

quote:

I know a lot of people are taking the contestant test for Jeopardy! online tonight. I know this because many of these eager young hopefuls have contacted me asking for tips.

Normally I wouldn’t be much help, but today, you’re in luck. I can’t really disclose how I obtained this, but I have a complete answer list for tonight’s test. Yup, all 40 answers. Well, questions. You know what I mean.

19. What is a slow, sensual massage, Alex…no, not there, lower? Ahhh, that’s it.
21. Who is YOUR MOM?!? high-five bro don’t leave me hanging
28. What is The Fifth Element? It’s “love,” right? I bet it’s love.
40. What is that, a conquistador helmet?

Easy as pie, right? See you on the show! Tell ‘em Ken sent ya.

God I love Ken Jennings.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

What the gently caress. I got about 20 questions in and it just poo poo the bed. Logging in again and it says I'm too late for the test.

:mad:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

gently caress you Brad ughhhh Ken why, why?????

I am seriously depressed right now you guys. :( :( :( :(

Ken, you'll still be #1 in my heart.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

drat Jeopardy, this is just mean.

They really had me going for a second there. :(

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

lmbo poo poo, got picked for a Jeopardy audition and there is literally no way I will pass it. 3 weeks to brush up on presidents, the Bible, geography, and all the other categories I suck at. Anybody who's made it to the audition, got any tips???

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i can give you rundown next week after my audition

That would be awesome. Mine is on my birthday so I'm going to just have fun with it one way or the other. Good luck!!!

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

El Jeffe posted:

I've heard watching a bunch of episodes back to back helps. This reddit user uploads every episode (the google drive ones get taken down in a couple weeks, so just go for the Daily Motion mirror if it's an older ep).

Nice, thanks. I've got a couple weeks worth waiting for me on my DVR too, probably wait until a bit closer to the audition date to watch them.

Just got the final email confirmation and learned they don't even pay for contestants to travel to LA if you get picked to be on the show, which seems super lame. 0% chance I'll ever make it so w/e, but now I feel bad for all those suckers who lost to Ken Jennings and still got soaked for 2 nights at a Holiday Inn.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

you get 1k guaranteed so if you can make it to LA for less than that you're gold

Email I got with audition info has the following:

quote:

In fact, even though you are invited to the studio, there is no guarantee that you will appear on the show. 

Sucks to be the alternate, I guess.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Ok, that seems much more reasonable. Not sure why they bothered to insinuate otherwise in the email.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

So uhhhh my local NBC station is just airing a regular episode of Jeopardy? wtf

Edit: lol ok what the hell, Jeopardy is on NBC here but the special is airing on ABC

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Hell yeah go Ken!

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Holy poo poo lmao

Also #TeamKen

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Re: episode scheduling

At least on Comcast, my DVR guide says this is going to air tonight, tomorrow, and Thursday. Guess I'll find out shortly if these are just placeholders or we're going to 6 games.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I was never a Brad fan but drat bro what happened???

Edit: James what the gently caress

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Aw shittttt

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

:ohdear:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Ken!!!!!!!!!

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

imho Ken, now that he has rightfully been crowned the GOAT, should get the first right of refusal to become the new host of Jeopardy whenever Alex retires/croaks.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Zesty posted:

I would love to lose on Jeopardy.

Well, as long as you win enough to cover your travel/hotel expenses. But same.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I realized I hosed up when myself and 99% of the other potential contestants in the room all answered the question of "what would you do if you won Ken Jennings-level money on Jeopardy?" with some variant of "I'd travel the world!!"

8 days away from it being 18 months so guess I can take this month's online test again. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

cartoons123 posted:

Someone at Fremantle was to spread the chaos

https://youtu.be/OoQpiQYESgE

Started reading the comments before he appeared on stage. One of them was "big Zack Morris energy" and now I can't unsee it.