Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

CarbonCpy posted:

I have been trying to get on Jeopardy off and on since the Teen Tournament of '96. Ever since then, three of my friends have already been on, and a fourth friend just got an invite to an in-person audition a couple of weeks back when they had a contestant search in Cleveland.

I tried to get on a Teen tournament when I was captain of the quiz bowl team. Several years later, the quiz bowl captain of my high school makes it to the finals of the tournament, only to blow it on the second day final jeopardy.

Is it whale season online test time yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
God tonight's contestants suck.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
I finished it, I'm kicking myself over two or three questions but I think I got at least 40.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Parasol Prophet posted:

Well, I managed to complete it at least. I thought I did pretty well on most, but then I blanked like a wuss on a state capital question.

I sure do know who hosts Project Runway, though! :pseudo:

gently caress my :spergin: living. Got the little black dress one though

Zeeman posted:

Ugh, somehow didn't remember Vivaldi.

I blanked on that one. I picked Hyden for some reason

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Bob Loblaw posted:

And the only one I left blank was the Real Housewives one, my wife didn't know, I think that's grounds for divorce?

I changed my answer to the wrong channel!

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Abel Wingnut posted:

I picked Verdi. :(

And I probably should have known The Hunger Games.

What was the answer to the one about Celie or something like that? I went with 'Their Eyes Were Watching God' but I don't think that's it.

Google says The Color purple.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

gobbles posted:

What was the answer to the eagle question ????????

Aerie, it's a big crossword answer

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

The Monkey Man posted:

I got 40, 39 if they don't accept "distilling".

I am in the exact same situation; hey at least it's a "D" word.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Yeah I remember once seeing one where a sportswriter got an all sports category. It's just a coincidence that occasionally happens, like that Cheers episode.

I have a soft spot for doctors getting medical categories. Especially when they get first year anatomy wrong.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
I think WABC just spoiled tonight's episode by airing the commercial for tomorrow's show: Joshua is going to win big again

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

uublog posted:

How the gently caress did no one get Owl Creek Bridge?

Huh?

I'm more pissed that med student didn't get "anaphylactic." Reaction time won't be an excuse in lecture tomorrow.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

lelandjs posted:

Dude is just begging for a Jay Pharaoh impersonation. Too bad Jeopardy isn't even close to a blip on SNL's radar.

Dude's rocking a black suit, black shirt and alabaster tie when he did his finalist intro. I'm rooting for him come Monday, especially after douche man won tonight.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Soothing Vapors posted:

Ugh Colby is such a smug prick, I was really hoping Keith was going to hand him his rear end

When was the last time a Teachers Goddamn Tournament champion cleaned up like this in the Tournament of Champions? Ever?

I remember reading the list of ToC winners and saw one time there was a college tournament winner who went on to win, but other than that no distinction was made.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
At least make it "The Solar System" or some poo poo so everyone can bet crazy amounts of money, but whatever. Fight on, goon's girlfriend Sara!

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Sen. Davis, what do you think about someone getting questions wrong about "The Wire?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRwR-li5t_A

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

jscolon2.0 posted:

Ultimately I feel responsible for this.

I blame you for the inevitable 20-game run by Dielan.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
There's something I don't like about this two day champ, his nerves get the better of him and he whiffs easy questions about cities.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Glenn_Beckett posted:

PREPARE YOURSELVES, GENTLEMEN! It's time for the ultimate validation of our existence

I wonder which of the three will be the easiest? Last year it was the Tuesday exam.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

jscolon2.0 posted:

I looked back at my posts from last year, and I think I went 47/50 or something insane and didn't get a callback. Would it help if I was Canadian?

No one should forget to check their junk folders, either. I think one goon nearly lost out on a tryout last year because of that.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

zakharov posted:

I completely hosed up typing "Green Eggs and Ham" and I am sure that will be the difference in getting an audition :(

:smith::hf::smith:

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Notgothic posted:

I got the Ender's Game and Myer questions, but blanked on James Fenimore Cooper's name. A sad day.

Forgot who wrote Rip Van Winkle and complete spaced on Tripoli because I couldn't think of the second line of the Marine's Hymn (drat Gaddafi!)

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Here's where the list of answers will eventually be: http://jboard.tv/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1749

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Cash cow instead of slumlord? That probably got a lot of folks. Seemed like an even test with yesterdays, maybe a slight bit easier.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Isn't it time for tryouts soon?

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Good Schadenfreude today

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

...Did anybody else have a thing where it looped back around to question one again? Because that totally just happened to me just now.

Guess I shouldn't have closed it out.

The clues are up on facebook. I think I got 35, so I guess my foot's in the door?

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Damnit, I screwed up LAN :downsgun:

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
35/50, I don't think I got Keyens because it asked for all three names.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Vulture Culture posted:

Somewhere around 30 on last night's also. That was a bloodbath. I should know better by now than to take the middle test.

I swear the Tuesday test is always easiest of the three

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Has anyone else tried the new Jeopardy app that's sponsoring this year's tryout? I don't like how you have to perfectly Forrest bounce twice in order to have any hope of winning a game.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
I had a 3-1 lead going into those last few questions...

They were brutal this time

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Mike Danger posted:

Ah hell, I put Super Mario Run. I just realized it said "real life".

I picked PacMan from April Fool's this year.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

GhostStalker posted:

Bumping to say that the new season begins next Monday, September 11th, after this week's repeat of the Teachers Tournament is done with.

Also, according to ToC eligible people I follow on Facebook, ToC taping starts in 2 weeks.

Any word on audition callbacks? There's usually one goon by now who's auditioned in person.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
He got interviewed by vulture, I completely agree with his bat flipping analogy. At least he hates Forrest bouncing.
http://www.vulture.com/2017/10/jeopardy-austin-rogers-interview.html

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Glad Austin is gone. He made the show almost as awkward to watch as Wheel of Fortune.

Not possible. No way to buy three vowels in a row.

Fake edit: does this qualify him for this recently taped ToC?

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

GhostStalker posted:

I missed Tuesday
That's when they mentioned it. The guy in the right hand podium was the one who originally suggested it.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Stairs posted:

I hope there is still a chance for Austin. I know he can be a bit much but I adore him because he's so genuinely happy for the two people who have beaten him. Seriously watch his two losses and he is almost as excited for them as they are.
I love a good loser.

You get your chance , Austin's semi-final is tonight

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

sunnyboy posted:

I'm just not a great fan of contestants that try and 'rattle-snap' the answer and next category in some thin attempt to force alex to rush. Though I'm not a big Alex fan, I do love how he will slow his delivery in such cases. I'm sure it annoys the heck out of those type of contestants. :-D

Although, for someone who is fully bi-lingual, his fake french accent was among the worst ever. Worse even than Steve Martin trying to play Peter Sellers playing Clouseau.

All these years I thought he was Quebecois, turns out his mom is French-Ontarian. :canada:

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

speaking of which, isn't it getting to be about testing time?

That was a couple months ago. Seems to be on a rolling basis now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

business hammocks posted:

I notice they work in references to holidays in episodes that air right before or after: maybe they could try something different and predict when Trump will do something despicable?

Trump's Twitter: A category based on what he tweeted the morning of taping. Daily double reserved for a tweet when everyone's in the studio.