Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I missed promotion into A by literally one question. My wife got promoted to A right above me, though she benefited from a very critically-times forfeit victory, and doesn't feel like it's earned. I say if you're close enough to get promoted as a result of a single convenient forfeit, you've earned it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

If I could come up with something like any of these for my anecdote I'd be very proud

https://youtu.be/5KWW9uiSUB8?si=kwdtc9bfUnCNDPC5

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

bring back Mayim.

:mods:

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

The real winner? That's right, it's us, the viewers at home.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

I love that the winner not only got final jeopardy wrong, she completely misunderstood what they were asking

:kiss:

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Victoria seems perfectly nice to me

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Oh gently caress, it's definitely going to be an AI PR bullshit thing isn't it.

Watson would crush a ChatGPT contestant, which would give wrong answers 50% of the time

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

I don't believe the guy on the right buzzed in a single time during the first round

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

She's won like 90k by being quite good at buzzing and pretty bad at answering questions, playing against some truly bad competition. I respect it

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

What does any of that have to do with whether or not Jeopardy is a sport? I'm confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Spokes posted:

you can read his take on it here, if you would like.

He really can't get it through his head that pub trivia exists to help bars and organizers turn a profit on slow nights, huh. Also lol at the adjacency of "it's absurd and hyperbolic to call me the Lebron James of trivia, that's textbook discrimination. btw I am one of the best trivia players in the world."