Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
How do we feel about yogesh? He feels a little too much like Arthur Chu for my liking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Question for the thread at large: If you were in charge of Jeopardy and had total freedom to make whatever changes you wanted, what would you change to make it better?

I would break the game so much that I would be considered a threat, and I think the difficult part is just time and "keeping it refreshing"

Easy:

Remodel the set to look like a throwback 90s with the sliding doors and beep boops.

If your money in the game EXCEEDS how much we are offering you in a tournament. if you win, you get that amount instead (so if you made 23k, 32k, 17k, 8k 30k, you're getting 110,000 instead of 100,000)

Bringing Back Video & Audio Daily Doubles and the Clue Crew

Medium:

The only "tournament" is the ToC, no second chances, no wild card.

But, you have more "one week specials" - Sports Jeopardy, Music Jeopardy, College Jeopardy, etc. More "Specials" and One-Offs.

Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday determines the finalists for the two day total points affair Who goes to a ToC as well.

Last to give a correct response in Jeopardy picks first in Double Jeopardy

Difficult:

Four Clues instead of Five with six categories as usual (for time constraints)

You MUST go down the board, but you CAN bounce between categories, NO MORE FORRESTING

Clearing a category in sequential order (four correct responses in a row) unlocks a daily double, a special fifth clue for the solo player, this means every round could have as much as SIX DAILY DOUBLES, or NONE AT ALL

250/500/750/1000
500/1000/1500/2000

Final Jeopardy is still the same, but if you're in the red, you still get to play FJ, but for "Some Jeopardy Prizes" (Mugs/Shirt/etc) rather than wagering for money.

TelevisedInsanity fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 13, 2024

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Spokes posted:

they do this if you do it in the finals, actually

That's new info to me, thank you Spokes, and James. ♥️

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

I found it more difficult, just then again, most of my questions were the weak spots (European Leaders, African Geography) and my strengths are pop culture and wordplay and only saw them maybe 12 times out of the 50?

My problem was the second I knew it I started typing but the timer ran out so a good chunk of answers are

Where the Wild thi

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Who are we thinking as the wild card? Brad? Buzzy? The return of Watson?

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

I do think the Yogesh, James and Victoria episode will be very funny, just because of his thoughts on The Chase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Did you know, one time at trivia camp, Yogesh once beat James in a jeopardy fan game?

So did Victoria Groce, but she never made it her personality.