Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
taking it tonight at 8, whoop!

My coworkers have been laughing about my level of horrible, useless trivia knowledge since I started. Like, they'll just ask me random poo poo and I know it for no reason whatsoever. Actual, useful information? no memory for it. Random rear end trivia? I rock it. But that's my whole family. We've banned trivial pursuit, scrabble and doubles solitaire from family gatherings because all three have led to violence.

I love jeopardy. my tuesday night TV schedule mirrors my grandmothers. News, Jeopardy, Wheel, NCIS. Like, when I was out of state having jeopardy on at 3 in the afternoon was just...weird, I'm used to it being a lead-in to prime time. I watch it every time I'm home to watch it, and love the poo poo out of it, though it does seem to be getting easier and easier each year.

and if I make it to the callbacks I will totally attempt to get one of my crazy stories of drunken tomfoolery as my anecdote. (something tells me the "throwing a full keg out of a third story window of a house on a hill some 40 feet to the parking lot below" will get vetoed by producers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

It still bothers me that I got 47/50 right last January when I took the test, didn't get a call, and I know of people who got audition calls with scores of 37 or 38. Taking it again tonight regardless!

From what I heard part of what they look for are contestants that'll give others a fighting chance. They don't want someone who'll just run away with everything like Jennings did because its not as fun to watch.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

FUUUUUCK. my internet poo poo out for 5 minutes and it wouldn't let me login. Goddammit. Told me I showed up too late to take the test.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

you mean you don't enjoy clues that take up ten times as much time and don't actually get to the clue until the last line?

The opera category was just painful. Placido Domingo was the only one who sorta had a reason to sing. But they could have done all those clues without having to do video clues.

E: and watching the secondary ep right now. Comic sans was actually a jeopardy clue. Comic loving sans.

Dr Jankenstein fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Mar 25, 2016

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

So today's returning champ is Bill Dauterive if Bill instead of Gilbert was the...effeminate.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Sorry, you can't top the anecdotes for today. "I'm here to prove my wife wrong, even though the first two weeks I watched the only answer I got was Ghandi"

And "I crocheted a 'giant squid vs blue whale" costume"

I'm torn as to which is better

But better than all is the April fools poo poo. Word of advice, watch sober or you will be so confused.

Dr Jankenstein fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 1, 2016

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

HookShot posted:

I enjoyed the clip of Alex walking in with no pants, and also the random contestants giving the same answer to clues however many years later but the stuff like the random noises and the daily double sign being upside down were kinda dumb.

Look at this plebe, not recognizing wheel of fortune.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Watching today's rerun ep from like last year, and I love that a guy who is obviously high on something wound up with a runaway lead going into final.

The reruns have been better than this season this week. Final jeopardy this week has been a giant amount of wtf.

E: they really had a trick category today. That us states category was just WTF. It was a battle of who could buzz in fastest after the clue was selected. No test of knowledge, just of reflexes.

Dr Jankenstein fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Apr 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Vulture Culture posted:

Given the way she talks, her buzzer skill is startling. She's definitely given the most impressive single game performance since Matt Jackson, and probably came close to setting a show record for most money accumulated before the first commercial break. I don't think she ever buzzed in and gave a wrong answer that whole game, which is a really terrifying Alex Jacob thing. She doesn't wager quite as conservatively as I expected on Daily Doubles, either.

Really looking forward to seeing the crazy cat lady back.

Alex Jacob is the guy currently winning the rerun eps, and I think I'm in love. He looks less obviously high compared to his first episode, but I love that he just has fun with his runaway leads.