Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

Something about Brayden makes me want to give him a wedgie

When I first saw him my comment was that I didn't know they allowed 10-year-olds on regular Jeopardy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Ror posted:

He sort of makes this face like he’s guessing or unsure of his answer a lot even though it seems like he’s pretty solid all-around. I’m not sure if he’s just being careful or he’s nervous or what. I mostly like players who are good at the game regardless of their personality though so I’ve warmed up to him a lot.

You can see the gears working in his brain.

He's very good at using the context clues in the clues. I admire him for that and hope he keeps kicking rear end.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I tried to see what Lizard's up to these days. He seems to have reviewed a bar in Indianapolis two years ago, but has pretty much no internet presence. I hope someone finds and interviews him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSc7376PZ-4

e: That might actually be him commenting on the YouTube video. The bar review was under that username.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I had to look up how Richard Johnson did for the rest of his run.

Trailed for pretty much his entire second game. Got FJ but lost by $2.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

All of them had some really stupid responses tonight.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

It airs here at 7:30, so it was on here.

Not a well played game, but not as out there as yesterday's.

Middle guy had an awkward story about a friend filling his car with packing peanuts, which was revenge for middle guy wrecking the friend's car.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

When did he dress up like KISS?

I still prefer this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6rHqrLA7aw

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The inflection just wasn't there. It's not Ken's fault he isn't an authoritative figure, but I feel the show needs that. His diction wasn't always 100% clear either. A lot of that's his voice not being strong enough.

Not bad. We'll see if he settles in better.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

That was awesome.

Too bad he was a bad contestant who wanted to be James, but was generally clueless on the high-dollar questions.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The random Saturday night Jeopardy last night was when the guy wagered $420 in Final Jeopardy.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Brian played better tonight, but he's been driving me crazy. He wants to be James and he thinks he's James by bouncing all over the board. But unless it's geography, he rarely gets high dollar clues.

What's saving him, besides geography, is that he doesn't miss much.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Custard's Revenge is what happens late at night because you used expired milk.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

WarEternal posted:

By far the worst category of Jeopardy anecdotes are "I have a podcast".

He should be dropped in a deep well for answering Robert E. Lee in a clue about Lincoln's Army leaders.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

jivjov posted:

A lot of people also have similar levels of nostalgia for Reading Rainbow in particular as they do for Jeopardy

Reading Rainbow is how I had my first correct Jeopardy response as an 8-year-old.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

When I was younger and first got into taking the test I was also concerned about that bit. At the time I'd read they have you come up with five stories and the producers or Alex (can't remember which) chose which one he'd bring up during that portion but I don't have one interesting story about my life let alone five.

When I did a Jeopardy tryout at a hotel banquet room ~15 years ago (pre-online testing), they had you write down your five interview tidbits.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

One of the contestants had a story today that did not even feature her. It was about a friend of hers arm wrestling Alex on Jeopardy years ago. It was an awkward story.

I started thinking too far back on Final Jeopardy.

Henry Clay had been the first frequent candidate name in my head, but silver industry made no sense with him. As soon as I saw Bryan(t) on the screen, dammit cross of gold.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Richards did well. Like others, he was more authoritative, which isn't really Ken's fault. Good interactions with the contestants and with the exception of the one Daily Double miss - was a well-played game. The other Daily Double in Double Jeopardy was way, way too easy, though.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Second day in a row Final Jeopardy is a triple stumper.

This one was bad. I knew the answer from high school history and I went to a public, rural high school in Georgia.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

As a southerner, "cell" and "sale" are not homophones.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Somehow convinced myself a butterfly was not an insect in Final Jeopardy. Guessed something else instead because I thought I had to be remembering the story wrong.

I'm liking Couric. She's not trying to do too much with it. Her cadence was better tonight as well. There were a few clues Monday where that threw me off.

Iron Crowned posted:

Katie Couric is like if your mom was hosting Jeopardy

The Today Show was the last thing I saw before I went to school as a teen, so it might be that, too.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What’s the worst Final Jeopardy betting gently caress up that anyone remembers?

They showed the 2nd episode last summer. Since the preview image spoils it completely, all of them missed the final and wagered everything. Including the guy with a considerable lead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDTxS9_CwZA

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Nope, nope. This is not dirty, folks. He did not say "poo poo."

Schitt's Creek. With a 'c'.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Never did I think that my local Jeopardy airing at 7:30 p.m. ET on CBS would be a good thing during March Madness. Also, I'm working nights twice this week, so even better.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Poque posted:

What the absolute gently caress is happening with these final jeopardy clues?

There was at least one in each round that was badly written, starting with the Red Cross clue they had to give money back on.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Rodgers needs to work on his enunciation. It's OK, but he's a bit mumbly.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Poque posted:

No sarcasm at all, "everybody thinks my name is Ashley" is like a top 10 contestant story for me. Just the sheer number of Ashley incidents she must have experienced for that to even register

She really didn't have a chance, but she totally blew it on the second daily double with that wager.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

packetmantis posted:

Did Andy wander in off the street?

Even his interview was weird. He's been in eating contests, one of which involved hard-boiled eggs.

I'd imagine something was cut there because Anderson was on to the next contestant within 5 seconds.

I miss the good Jeopardy because of work but was home to see this turd of an episode.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Welp on that Final Jeopardy wager

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

What happened tonight? So many missed easy answers and Kalee clearly got discouraged in the first round and gave up completely in the second round

[Category about things named for saints]

"Burmese mountain dog"

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Tonight was my first time seeing Buzzy and thought he was quite good.

Steve poo poo the bed tonight, though.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I'm sucking in the Jeopardy and Double Jeopardy rounds, but am cleaning house on Final Jeopardy this week.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I knew what painting they were talking about, but I totally blanked on the name of it.

Sam looked really good in today's episode.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The Stone Temple Pilots were huge for a (brief) time where I live and a couple of radio stations still occasionally play their songs.

Were they just not huge everywhere? Just surprised that was a triple stumper.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Poor Nibir hit his limit. Jason might could have made it in either of the first two semifinals, but Jennifer was that much better.

I am so pepped for the final.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

HookShot posted:

I liked her the first couple of nights but tonight she seemed to giggle after half the answers which was incredibly annoying.

That was bad. She also obviously favored the guy.

Everybody was off in the Jeopardy round and not just with responses, but the pacing seemed wonky as well.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The pacing has felt off the past 2-3 games. Can't tell if it's Bialik or the quality of contestants.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The last four nights have seen new champions.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The basketball clue about jump balls was worded badly, if not incorrectly.

I don't have the exact text in front of me, but what I recall of it:
It insinuated that jump balls after baskets went away with the development of the possession arrow.

Long, long, long time ago there were jump balls (center jumps) at the end of each basket. But that has nothing to do with the possession arrow, which comes into play on tie-ups (that type of jump ball), at the end of quarters or the basketball being stuck on the rim.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I can't tell if it's Savannah's delivery or the overall quality of the contestants lately, but I'm having a hard time getting with the flow of the game and concentrating.

Also pretty sure that one contestant said Twelve Night instead of Twelfth Night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Tonight's game was the best game played in the last two weeks.

I'm getting more used to Savannah, but she's one of the worst they've had so far.