Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Sounds to me like Alex was bitchy to her and overreacted to things, but when you're a show's Producer and "on-air talent", recording an entire week's worth of games in a single day, I guess pissiness happens. What's a shame is that her good name has been disparaged for all this time over what sounds like stuff that was way overblown.

Eisenberg sounds like a dick, but Lowe doesn't strike me as the most reliable narrator.

Considering these were conservative men running the show, I wouldn't put it past them to unfairly single her out. But what was it that made them go above and beyond? I can see barring her from the TOC, but also not sending her the money and purposefully keeping her tapes out of the rerun stack?

And I don't buy her not fighting back very hard on the grounds that Trebek was beloved and she wouldn't win. Trebek was well known, but this was the late 1980s. Trebek wasn't untouchable in 1986-87 in the couts, if he ever would have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Bloody hell.

Figured out where they were going in Final Jeopardy. Even knew the colonial name. Guessed Guyana instead of Suriname

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I would jettison the new board fill sound so fast it'd make heads spin; sounds like a smartphone ringtone. I'd bring back the classic sound.

Go back to the 1980s Jeopardy theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6rHqrLA7aw

Jeopardy strategy is fine-tuned now and everybody starts at the bottom of the board and Forrest bounces all over the place. I miss a buildup to harder clues instead of working backwards in dollar amounts points to the easier ones. I don't know how fix that except to randomize the difficulty.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Mister Kingdom posted:

"Who is Foghorn Leghorn?"

I don't know why, but her throwing out whatever words hit her brain in that category bothered me. Her lead was beyond safe, but she seemed lke she *had* to buzz in rregardless.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Spokes posted:

Grant on today's episode is a quiz teammate of mine and if anyone says anything negative about him i will jump down your throat

unless he does something to deserve it; i haven't watched the episode yet. going to watch now

Started slow, had nervous energy at the end of Double Jeopardy. Nothing embarrassing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I was more excited thatnI probably have been to get We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story in the Dino Movies category.