Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I grew up with both Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. Watched it with my parents as a baby-- my dad is convinced that Wheel had something to do with me learning to read early. He actually got on an episode of Wheel of Fortune when I was nine, won about $8000 and a car, which we sold to fix our house's terrible roof.

I tried out for Kid Jeopardy in a different city every summer from ages 10-12, made it past the initial test to a mock game every time but never got chosen. I got to see the actual Jeopardy studio one year because the audition was held in Los Angeles/Culver City.

Basically what I'm saying is Merv Griffin dominated my childhood. :v: Occasionally I think about trying out for Jeopardy again, but I think if I couldn't make it as a dorky kid, I sure as hell couldn't do it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

escape artist posted:

And yeah, Ree-See's Pee-Sees thing has driven me crazy my whole life. Is that how they say it in E.T. or something? I know nobody that says "Ree-Sees Peanut Butter Cups."

I heard tons of people say Reesie's Cups growing up. I thought it was a general Southwest-accent thing.

And it does drive me insane. The guy's name was Reese, these are his Cups/Pieces, it's not that hard.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Hey, test-taking buddies! :toot:

I have no idea what categories I'd like to see come up. That's probably a bad sign.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Well, I managed to complete it at least. I thought I did pretty well on most, but then I blanked like a wuss on a state capital question.

I sure do know who hosts Project Runway, though! :pseudo:

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Now I'm looking up all the questions I didn't know and realizing that, if I had ever had the occasion or desire to find out who wrote Brokeback Mountain before this point, I would have remembered her name, because E. Annie Proulx is a really memorable name.

Also the capital of Wisconsin is Madison. Stupid Wisconsin!

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
34. Rats. What's passing, 36?

(Unless I actually put King for #23-- I actually can't remember, that's one of the ones where I just grabbed the first name that come to mind.)

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Wow, I'm really glad I took last night's test too. I would've had a 17 on this one.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Welp. That didn't go great.

And of course I remember half the ones I got wrong, immediately after closing the test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
So, if I've taken the adult test (and got 35 at most), can I also sign up for the college test? I'm a student, but I went back to school and don't know if I still count as 'college age' (I'm ~26). Do they care about that?

They have a question in the FAQ that says you can the college test and then the adult test, but nothing about the other way around.