Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Dammit, I was hoping not to have to see Matt Jackson again; I found him really annoying on his original run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It's such a little thing but if you're, say, $600 in the hole, why on god's green earth would you not go for the $400 or even $2,000 clue?

e: No longer a spoiler, so removing the tags.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 30, 2024

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

They're milking the tournaments for all they're worth and yeah, Timby is right: it's boring.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I like Amy and Victoria just fine, but I'm sick of James. Good player but cocky personality that turns me off.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

e: James and Yogesh are both 1984 babies, correct? I'm amazed that Yogesh and I are the same age...

Also, RIP Amy. She did well for herself.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 01:51 on May 2, 2024

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Victoria could conceivably wreck James' poo poo if she gets that far. I hope one of these people give him a run for his money.

No real spoiler, just being careful since the Tourney is currently airing.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Great timing. I was just beginning to think to myself that Yogesh wasn't bothering me too much during this tourney, but he always manages to make an rear end of himself. James is cocky but he doesn't act like a dickhead behind the scenes (as far as I've heard).

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Plus, I think a lot of James' cockiness on the show is a persona. I don't think he has a problem with confidence irl but he's embraced the branding of 'Jeopardy villain' and goes with it (e.g: the 'final boss' stuff). But he always seems to shake people's hands after the games and seems to genuinely congratulate their success. In person I think he'd be perfectly fine.

Yogesh's being an rear end in a top hat is evidently just his personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

wa27 posted:

Didn't they experiment with this in some recent tournament or celebrity special? It's a good idea.

In the specials, they highlight the category title and then the clue value. I have no idea why they don't do this for regular play; it's nice.