Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Goddammit I love this show and they're a bunch of jerks for not accepting me on it. I've taken the test basically every time I've been able to for the last ten years and done really well and they never call me :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Cabbit posted:

I just spend most of Wheel of Fortune wondering what sort of space-age polymers Pat Sajak is constructed from.

his head stays the same size but his face keeps getting smaller

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

osukeith161 posted:

I've taken about 4 of the online tests. Made it past the initial written part of the college screening when it was on campus. Do not do this. I don't want this to come off as sounding like I should have gotten on. I played on the Academic Challenge team and will readily admit that most of my schoolmates were far brighter. A handful of my friends can beat me on any day in trivia. However, I have one friend who has tried every single Jeopardy entrance test that he was able to do. Every one. It drives him mad. It is his white whale.

Yeah, this is me. So angry

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

This 1920s newsflash category is annoying as gently caress and takes too long

I hate when they don't finish all the clues in a round

EDIT: what the gently caress was with Alex recapping a geico commercial for NO reason

Riptor fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 3, 2013

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

railroad terror posted:

What did everyone get for the Shakespeare comedy?

I put She's The Man cause I knew that stupid loving movie was based off whatever the right answer was

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

HookShot posted:

18. CONGRESS
Created July 24, 1789, it's the main committee in the House that deals with tax bills

??? (couldn't find this online sorry)

Ways and Means

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Was it Rock and Roll Jeopardy?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Stupid storm coverage preempted the show in boston yesterday

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

So if you're registered for the test you can take it any of the three nights right?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

If he goes by art he'd sound like a sneeze

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Officer Sandvich posted:

Well I couldn't come up with Gibraltar

Yeah but you weren't on the show

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

thathonkey posted:

The category was something about what the "i" word was in the various clues that were all acronyms and such. Her clue was "BVI", there had already been a few clues from the category played to establish that the answers were all words beginning with "i", and she answered "virgin" instead of "islands"

You kind of had to see it. She was off to a great start then missed that one, handled it really awkwardly, then proceeded to completely fall apart for the rest of the episode.

I would have more sympathy for her if it didn't take her upwards of three days to choose a category every time it was her choice

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

GhostStalker posted:

Just got to LA, checked into my hotel room. Can't wait until I meet Alex tomorrow and hopefully get on camera, on my way to establishing a win streak lasting at least 5 episodes.

Checking over my emails from Jeopardy before I left a couple days ag,, I noticed that they actually gave me a tentative air date which I had somehow looked over. I'm slated to air sometime in the next to last week of June to July 4th...

Yeah, that's gonna be a really long wait... I'll keep you guys updated on here when I have more information. Wish me luck!

If your episode might air July 4th you probably want to bone up on American history questions

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

the dude tonight looks like if tony stark was a dumb gently caress

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

oh jesus gently caress :wtc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHzWVJ46-Hc

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Hey Julia so you're a supply chain manager; what is that

Well I manage supply chains

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

zakharov posted:

The guy who does The Final Wager had a pretty, pretty good video for Tuesday's game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyH4qLIVEz0

What a loving weirdo. Yeah it was a poor bet but it doesn't affect you

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

zakharov posted:

Well, this is his personal project. He does one of these vids for every game, analyzing their wagers. Yes it doesn't affect him but neither do most things people care about on the Internet.

I just mean the degree to which he seems personally offended

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

GhostStalker posted:

Well, you always bet to win. A lot of people watching the show were aggrieved over her bet in Final...

I just don't get why (unless it's an Arthur Chu/Ken Jennings/Julia Collins situation) you'd be rooting for a particular person who you don't know, and feel so slighted when they gently caress up

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

he has tiny hands like on the burger commercial

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Yowza.

When do new episodes start?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Zesty Mordant posted:

I know Dan, I used to play pub trivia with him (or, against him). I have no idea why he would choose such a weird story or be so nervous about it, he seemed like a chill guy.

Geeks Who Drink?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Celebrity Jeopardy is awful, except for Richter crushing it

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Worst case I believe I got 45, best case 48. Completely took a punt on George Elliot and got it right!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Lute, right?

EDIT: bass, I'm a drat idiot. Depending on the wording of the clue mine might work though

Riptor fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Apr 17, 2015

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

holy poo poo penn jilette is gonna mop the floor with those other celebs

Riptor fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Apr 23, 2015

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

yes but they drape beautifully

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

zakharov posted:

Are they serious with tonight's FJ clue? I spent the entire 30 seconds trying to parse the drat thing.

Yeah I eventually got it but man that was convoluted

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Just got my first callback ever, in 10 years of trying out! Huge thanks to GhostStalker for the contestant coordinator's email, I can't imagine that hurt!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

zakharov posted:

Congratulations! Did you get the call to be on the show or to audition? Either way, awesome!

Audition, which is extraordinarily exciting to me since I've never gotten this far.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

GhostStalker posted:

Congrats! Good luck on the audition!

Remember though, it's only the next stage, you still need to do well enough on another test and then look good on camera before you might get a call-up. Still, congrats on making it into the pool! Maybe you'll make it through on your first try, like I did. I know there are people here who have been in the pool before though, some multiple times, so it isn't guaranteed that you'll make it. But I really hope you do

Oh totally, I'm just thrilled to have finally made it one step further. Way I look at it I'm pumped to go to the audition, and I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of that experience. Making it past that would just be a crazy bonus.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Flagrant Abuse posted:

I still think they should've allowed it. I mean, it technically fit, right???

No the clue said something about a wedge shaped tool so it doesn't work

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

tell me more about your cuttlefish

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

i was wondering why there were so many posts in this thread. turns out it's because of the single most annoying contestant i've ever seen

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

She's making the show about her which i think is inconsiderate to the other contestants and also slowing it the hell down

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

People liked that annoying stoner guy with oversized shirts why do they hate this woman.

That guy sucked too but in a different way

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Mister Kingdom posted:

Okay, the re-recording of Alex' voice was weird.

not just that but the fact that they only cut to him maybe a third as often as usual

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Hey guys so you can watch me on September 17. I'll be the dude in the middle

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Thanks man. But extra thanks to GhostStalker, whose referral got me onto the show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Tuesday