Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
"I'll take 'Mustache Rides' for 5¢, Alex."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I thought of Ty-D-Bol and was only mostly way off.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I pronounce "assistance" and "assistants" slightly differently, but I still wasn't anywhere close on that "Answer the Homophone" clue.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I felt bad for her because, despite her clearly knowing plenty and doing really well, her body language was staunchly belying her low self-confidence, with how she kept wincing after every answer, even though she was answering correctly. But yeah, both of us watching booed heavily at her Double Jeopardy wagers.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Do they not have wildcards in this tournament or did they just not announce them on Friday?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I think my station maybe aired Thursday's episode on Friday, then.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
A donkey punch is to the head, not the neck.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
My first guess was "lumbagop."

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Has a contestant ever answered, "Who is the Zodiac Killer?" Because somebody needs to edit that together with the picture of Ted Cruz from last night.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I can't believe this thread didn't warn me about somebody being named Caitlion.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Did Alex go, "No, it's You've Lost That Loving Feeling" and not give the others a chance to answer?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

yes

I assume it was just something that happened in editing

Yeah, must've been because they were up against a commercial break, I guess.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
"I need a $1000 signing bonus because I'm still waiting for the check from my third-place finish on Jeopardy!"

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I love when there's a prank call and the "victim" immediately susses it out, but the prank callers think it's a "gotcha!" anyway.

Also that video is nine years old.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Hoover Dam posted:

Yeah uh you and me both

Nice! Congrats on making the show. Although seeing you post reminds me how long ago I gave up on posting in the soccer subforum, because of all the "ironic" racism disguised as "banter."

And I agree on always risking everything on a first-round Daily Double, since you'll usually be risking the value of only like two or three Double Jeopardy answers.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I knew it 'cause of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9B0a9WowPI

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Wheel should have returning champions like Jeopardy

Edit: Guess they used to. In that case, bring back the shopping rounds, which I remember from being a kid in the 80's and nobody I've talked to does.

CPColin fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 1, 2018

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
He gestured like ten times during Final Jeopardy, too. My SO said, "This guy wishes he was Roger Craig."

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
You know how sometimes somebody smiles and it's said it "didn't reach their eyes"? Well the champ's smile during the intros somehow didn't even reach his mouth!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
The three players missing that Spanish-American War clue marks the second time today I've witnessed people forgetting the Maine!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Pat Sajak tweets like an rear end in a top hat and still has a job.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Cripes. I never realized that, erm, the $200 question was that far away from the coast.

And it was going to be the transoceanic abort site for the Space Shuttle, had it ever launched from Vandenberg AFB in California! That would have been a fun time, suddenly swelling the population of the island with a bunch of NASA nerds.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Hey Drone Jett, you're being kind of an rear end in a top hat right now.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

zakharov posted:

What a couple of buzzsaws in tonight's game. And poor Anna. To go through the entire audition process and buzz in twice the entire game...

And one of them is thinking Germany invaded Britain to start WWII.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
At least nobody named a Marvel character.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Present company excluded haha got 'em

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I liked the clue a couple nights ago, "A malamute is on the flag of this Canadian territory to reflect the dog's important role in the history of the place" where the contestant answered "What is Labrador?" and immediately winced. Meanwhile, my SO sarcastically said, "What is Newfoundland?"

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
The worst is when he sounds like he's pushing out a turd after selecting a clue.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
https://twitter.com/CPColin/status/1135557608423608320

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Same here, normally airs at 7 and is scheduled for 9 so I have my DVR set to record from now until like 11 whee.

It was pretty funny not seeing today's episode in the Recorded Episodes list, though. Would've been a hilarious way to go out!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Or they're just from the far north, like how Minnesotan Dan Harmon says "baggle" instead of "bagel."

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Yes, but you have to jump bounce around between different videos at various timestamps.

:v:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
For example: I did not enjoy Timby's post.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Timby posted:

Put on a big ol' smile.

Your mother!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Do we have to have a Dan Quayle reboot now?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
ZHAAAHHHNNNNNNruh

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I DVR it off the over-the-air broadcast :smug:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Has there been talk of a replacement?

If you tweet that LeVar Burton should do it, he'll probably retweet you!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Ken could also smile like a human being while James looks like he's doing an impression of that scene from Terminator 2.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Butt Rrader