Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
I love Jeopardy but over here in the UK I'm left to just watching it on youtube.

Last year I was lucky enough to go on a quiz show in the UK where I won a holiday to Mexico, and one of the highlights for me was being able to watch Jeopardy after lunch. (There were other highlights before people think I'm too sad for words).

Over here one of the best quizzes is probably The Chase, which I know had a US version which I don't think is too bad.

Also, anyone who doesn't make their Daily Double a true Daily Double is scum imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

escape artist posted:

If I ever get on there, I'm going to try and deliberately find the Daily Doubles quickly, and get them out of the way by wagering like $5 on them if it's a category I don't know. I don't lose money, but I do deny my opponents an opportunity to score big with one clue. :v:

There is a special circle of quiz show hell reserved for people who do this. They share it with people on the chase who push for their teammates to gamble to win extra money and then when its their turn chicken out and take the easier option.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

thathonkey posted:

Btw there's a lot of information about Jeopardy behind-the-scenes and especially the importance of grasping the buzzer mechanics in Ken Jenning's book called Brainiac. He basically says something to the effect of: nearly all the contestants know nearly all the answers on a given show but it all comes down to how you work the buzzer.

The show I was on wasn't Jeopardy but it was somewhat similar in that you had to beat your opponents to the buzzer in order to answer. Almost everyone knows the answer it is all about that extra fraction of a second it takes to buzz in, so I'd definitely say that would be the thing to work on.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Christ, that is loving awful.