Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

CPColin posted:

Can't believe "(Florida) hippopotamus" was wrong

I watched that three times. It was amazing.

Fun fact, since we're in the J! thread. Hippos kill more humans on avg each year than sharks do.

MockingQuantum posted:

I sometimes idly think about what my anecdote(s) would be if I was ever on Jeopardy and I don't think I've ever done anything or had anything happen in my life that doesn't make me sound like an absolutely gigantic dweeb

This actually made me think of how some anecdotes seem really forced "I'm cool for x reason" and it doesn't land well (for me, at least). Like I would take (talking out my rear end) "a cool fact about ____ topic I like" over "I have visted 90% of the countries around the world" or "after I was on J! an old lady made a fan club about me." I feel like to get on the show you have to know a ton of facts as a prerequisite, so sharing a fun rare fact can be cool. It's not "you" per se but it's "you" in that it characterizes what you like as an individual person rather than dick-measuring anecdotes about whatever.

Plus, if you get Ken he's pretty witty and will try to smooth things out.

(also, I don't know what the instructions are while you're on but this is how I am or am not entertained by people's anecdotes)

The Sean fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Timby posted:

And the lineup for Jeopardy Masters is...

- James Holzhauer
- Matt Amodio
- Mattea Roach
- Yogesh Raut
- Victoria Groce
- ~Mystery Wild Card contestant to be announced on April 12~

All my chips on Amodio.

edit: sorry, "what's all my chips on Amodio?"