Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
Will the last videos be incorporating the Luigi death state meme?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

PassTheRemote posted:

Will the last videos be incorporating the Luigi death state meme?

Hope not since The Onion A.V. Club already beat it to death http://www.avclub.com/article/youll-pry-luigis-year-his-cold-dead-hands-205389

Diabetus posted:

Yep, everything's recorded (just two videos left in the LP!).

Wow. The journey of exploration, life lessons and sick jumps Diabetus has taken us on across the vast, unknown reaches of the cosmos is at its end and I do not think I am ready for it.

When I say 'ready' I mean 'ready to play Super Mario Galaxy 1, for the first time, on my own :ohdear:'

Could that be the true meaning of the LP all along? What did you, the viewer, learn from the LP?

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Well, that was quick.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Luigi was fun while it lasted.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Bruceski posted:

Luigi was fun while it lasted.

If you think Luigi is finished you are in for a shock.

For decades Luigi has been overshadowed by his brother Mario but no more! Now is LUIGI TIME TO SHINE!

CantDecideOnAName
Jan 1, 2012

And I understand if you ask
Was this life,
was this all?

Neruz posted:

If you think Luigi is finished you are in for a shock.

For decades Luigi has been overshadowed by his brother Mario but no more! Now is LUIGI TIME TO SHINE!

Oh god I heard that in pipes! voice.

Can't wait to see the epic conclusion. :) It's been a great LP.

Diabetus
Jul 5, 2004

:mario: Part XLI - World S Green Stars :mario:

Baldurdash / YouTube
(guests: Dectilon & E1ke)

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Ugh, the second star in Stone Cyclone Galaxy killed me more than any other green star, thanks to that camera angle. It would be so trivial if you could only rotate the camera for that part.

Smilefires
Dec 18, 2013
Turning in my homework. My favorite Green Star has to be that second one from Slimy Spring, because it's got its own little nook in a place that's not totally obscure, and it's not just a triple or long jump to get like so many of the others.

I was really hoping one of the Green Stars in Mario Squared would be with the Luigi version of the level. Oh well.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
When you guys were talking about Luigi killing and eating Mario, this is immediately what I thought of.

Mr. Soop fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jun 6, 2014

King Christmas
Oct 17, 2012

I fell out of a plane crash because you need to stop.

Mr. Soop posted:

When you guys were talking about Luigi killing and eating Mario, this is immediately what I thought of.

Well I know what I'll be having nightmares about tonight!

I can't believe this LP is almost over. It's been quite a ride. Mad props to you Diabetus for making one of the most entertaining LPs I've ever seen.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I don't know how I'll be able to face the fact that it'll be over soon.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
WELL my browser's too much of a loving BABY to loving wanna watch ArgonMatrix's skills :colbert: though that face pun at the start of your vid cheered me up Diabetus.

Does Viddler even EXIST anymore guys, I mean they kinda poo poo themselves down a couple of years ago didn't they?

King Christmas
Oct 17, 2012

I fell out of a plane crash because you need to stop.
By the way Luigi is my favorite green star. <3

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

FinalGamer posted:

Does Viddler even EXIST anymore guys, I mean they kinda poo poo themselves down a couple of years ago didn't they?

Viddler still exists but considering its free to sign up for a Youtube account and you can basically host as many vidoes of as large a size as you like on Youtube and they give zero fucks I have no clue why anyone would bother using Viddler anymore.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Most people say you should put your best face forward. You instead saved the best for last.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
My favorite green star was the one in Shiverburn where you had to hold a cloud powerup for a decent stretch of stage.

Also, wow, what a giant chore to get to that... final stage? Museum?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The green stars can be very challenging if you use Mario for them. There are still obvious gimmes, but using Mario makes for some interesting challenges. Not sure what my favorite is, probably the Shiverburn star.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Glazius posted:

Also, wow, what a giant chore to get to that... final stage? Museum?
Don't worry... It'll all be worth it once you see the awesome concept art and 3D model viewer. :)

MassRafTer posted:

The green stars can be very challenging if you use Mario for them.
Maybe that's why they're green instead of red. :tinfoil:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

MassRafTer posted:

The green stars can be very challenging if you use Mario for them. There are still obvious gimmes, but using Mario makes for some interesting challenges. Not sure what my favorite is, probably the Shiverburn star.
I lost count of how many green stars that Betus got with a backflip and spin jump that Mario could only get with a perfectly spaced triple jump.
Luigi makes the game less fun.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I lost count of how many green stars that Betus got with a backflip and spin jump that Mario could only get with a perfectly spaced triple jump.
Luigi makes the game less fun tedious.

Fixed that for you.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I lost count of how many green stars that Betus got with a backflip and spin jump that Mario could only get with a perfectly faced triple jump.
Luigi makes the game less fun.

Come on now, are you even trying? :colbert:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

morallyobjected posted:

Fixed that for you.

There's only a couple green stars that felt really tedious and made me feel like an idiot for doing every star with Mario. The star along the whomp's path in Stone Cyclone galaxy is one of them. Good god is that a pain in the rear end.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

There's only a couple green stars that felt really tedious and made me feel like an idiot for doing every star with Mario. The star along the whomp's path in Stone Cyclone galaxy is one of them. Good god is that a pain in the rear end.

I got every star with Mario too, if only because Luigi's slippery-ness bothers me too much to use him regularly, but I just don't think "do a triple jump" is a better alternative, gameplay-wise, to "do a backflip and spin jump". The better green stars are when they actually play with mechanics and expectations, like the one in Shiverburn where you had to hold on to the cloud powerup or the one in the super chill galaxy (name doesn't come to mind) where you had to drop out of the star to the hidden platform in order to get it. Making someone do a slightly more inconvenient jump to make something less trivial doesn't seem like a gameplay improvement if it's something that happens all the time. It would be less noticeable if there weren't so many star placements where they clearly kind of gave up on making it interesting and just said "Here, have a star if you can jump for it".

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Really great LP, Diabetus. Convinced me to buy a copy of the game, actually, which I absolutely loved. Never did get the green stars, however, but it's pretty much an ideal section to watch let's played.

I know you're almost done, but on the off chance you need some more guests, I'd to come chill and gush about a video game I love. Keep up the good poo poo betus

Edit: has anyone posted about the SMG2 level editing scene? There's some interesting stuff out there. Interesting can be used in a lot of different ways here.

Tom Sellout fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jun 9, 2014

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

The Kraken posted:

Edit: has anyone posted about the SMG2 level editing scene? There's some interesting stuff out there. Interesting can be used in a lot of different ways here.

Pretty sure someone's been posting some texture rips from the game in here.

Diabetus
Jul 5, 2004

:mario: Part XLII - Grandmaster Galaxy :mario:

Baldurdash / YouTube
(guests: slowbeef)

What a quick year and a halfish! Thanks for watching, folks. I'm glad this LP was 42 parts given the thread title, so let's just say that was completely 100% planned out from the get-go and not at all a coincidence.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Thank you for your great collection of videos.

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?
Been a pleasure to watch, Betus! I guess this thread has reached the natural stopping point!*

*until ArgonMatrix does Grandmaster Galaxy without clouds, blindfolded, using his feet.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I'm not positive, but I think you also need to collect 9999 starbits to unlock Grandmaster Galaxy, although even if you do, it's really easy to have that much by then so it might as well not matter.

Anyway, great LP! I never did get The Perfect Run; after burning 70+ lives getting through the flip platform section and dying to those goddamn Hammer Bros at the end, I just sort of resigned myself to only ever having 241 stars. :negative:

Notm
Dec 30, 2012

The one Australian guy
This LP was great and although the ending was a little anti-climatic (to which I mostly blame the game's reward for beating the last star), I went out and bought this game because of how the LP showed the game to be both enjoyable and relaxing at the same time.

...Though I do have to wonder how many attempts the final star took.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Artix posted:

I'm not positive, but I think you also need to collect 9999 starbits to unlock Grandmaster Galaxy, although even if you do, it's really easy to have that much by then so it might as well not matter.

You are close. You need 9999 star bits deposited to the bank toad to help unlock the prankster comet for The Perfect Run.

Anyways, wonderful job, Diabetus. It was a blast following you down this faced-filled adventure.

Dayvan Cowboy
Feb 11, 2014
...You don't have to kill all the hammer brothers?

I think I lost forty lives alone just trying to get them all. So much time wasted!

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!
RIP LP. May you rest in peace.

That Irish Gal
Jul 8, 2012

Your existence amounts to nothing more than a goldfish swimming upriver.

PS: We are all actually cats
Well, I guess we've finally come to the end of this Face-Time Continuum, thanks for the chill times Betus.

Dectilon
Aug 15, 2008

Remember that thou wast a servant in the land of LP, and that the Lord thy Master brought thee out thence through mighty balls and a stretched out dive.
Dectilon 5:15
Okay, that's ng and ng+ over I think. Will you be doing any pvp after this?

heytallman
Aug 30, 2013

Is not actually tall.
Thanks for the LP, Betus! I've enjoyed it!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So the final amount of comet medals (and I guess galaxies) is 49? That's a really odd choice.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I didn't realize the only major changes in The Perfect Run were the beginning section with the goombas being replaced with whatever those green guys are, and the star being replaced with the warp. Aside from that, this was a great LP and I'm sad to see it finally end. Perhaps, Diabetus' next LP can be Kerbal Face Program? :v:

Also, I love how slowbeef had to ask his in-laws about how Mario is pronounced. I just want to imagine that being a very awkward conversation over dinner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.
This LP ending has left an empty face in my life, farewell to Super Mario Galaxy 2.

And thank you Diabetus and everybody who joined him for this wonderful LP.

• Locked thread