Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Slowbeef's inlaws also call every video game console "The Intendo" so take his anecdotal evidence with a grain of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

We'll just have to space the future with heavy hearts, farewell to Super Mario Galaxy 2. :smith:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
I never thought the day this LP ended would come.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Thanks for the LP Betus! It really stood out from the cloud, farewell to Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

absolutely anything posted:

I never thought the day this LP ended would come.

"There are those who said this day would never come... What have they to say now? :smug:"

Great LP, Diabetus. You'd taken us to the edge of Mario face and back, and given us a lot of good laughs along the way. :golfclap:

Very Notable
Oct 10, 2012

People who know fear are that much harder to kill.
Thanks for this. My Wii broke when I was about halfway through this game a few years ago, so I never had the motivation to start again and now I don't have to!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
If anyone's wondering what that message board post is it's just a big picture with all the stars you collected. As in 242 icons of stars lined up in a bunch of rows.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So what game are you going to do next? Dead Face 3 hasn't been LP'd yet.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
I had a lot of drat fun with that, thanks for the ride Diabetus :) so glad to finally see the last star that broke my best friend down to tears.

And holy drat I...was expecting MUCH much worse but that was still pretty crazy. So yeah, awesome to see this come to fruition finally and, no matter where we go, there's always face for more fun in our hearts with Mario. Now and forever.

Dark Cohomology
Nov 4, 2009
What you might not notice in the video is that the final star brings in music from the FIRST Galaxy game, which I think is a nice touch to give a sense of finality. Anyone who's not impressed with the difficulty of the final star, keep in mind that: (a) more people gave up here than any other place that I know of, and (b) Super Mario 3D World on the Wii U takes this level in concept and makes it way harder. Actually, they did it in 3D Land as well, but I didn't play that. Galaxy 2 was a sign from Nintendo that they were finally going to start making hard games again, partially due to responses that the first Galaxy was too easy overall. They been getting better at making extra, harder endgame content in recent years.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Dark Cohomology posted:

What you might not notice in the video is that the final star brings in music from the FIRST Galaxy game, which I think is a nice touch to give a sense of finality. Anyone who's not impressed with the difficulty of the final star, keep in mind that: (a) more people gave up here than any other place that I know of, and (b) Super Mario 3D World on the Wii U takes this level in concept and makes it way harder. Actually, they did it in 3D Land as well, but I didn't play that. Galaxy 2 was a sign from Nintendo that they were finally going to start making hard games again, partially due to responses that the first Galaxy was too easy overall. They been getting better at making extra, harder endgame content in recent years.

This is the company that made Tubular and Kamek's Revenge.

If anything, they hosed up Mario 64.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

David D. Davidson posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, this LP isn't even cold yet! Give the man some face!

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

David D. Davidson posted:

He said it in the video; I'm the one looking forward to the next FaceChem tournament. Also, possibly the only one to get the joke. Thanks for everything Betus!

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Thanks for the LP Diabetus, and thanks to all the guest commentators too. :)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Dark Cohomology posted:

Galaxy 2 was a sign from Nintendo that they were finally going to start making hard games again, partially due to responses that the first Galaxy was too easy overall.
I forgot, did Donkey Kong Country Returns come out before or after Galaxy 2? Because that and Tropical Freeze are hard. If you die enough times on a given level in Galaxy 2 and DKCR, you can access a Super Guide to complete the level for you, but Galaxy 2 gives you a Bronze Star and DKCR doesn't give you any of the bonus levels.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Y-Hat posted:

I forgot, did Donkey Kong Country Returns come out before or after Galaxy 2? Because that and Tropical Freeze are hard. If you die enough times on a given level in Galaxy 2 and DKCR, you can access a Super Guide to complete the level for you, but Galaxy 2 gives you a Bronze Star and DKCR doesn't give you any of the bonus levels.

Galaxy 2 rewards our fallen heroes with the 4th-highest individual military award in the US. Thanks to Mr Miyamoto for supporting the troops.

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

Awesome LP, thanks for taking the time to show off every little square inch of the game! This was a really enjoyable watch, despite the puns.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Mr. Soop posted:

"There are those who said this day would never come... What have they to say now? :smug:"

Great LP, Diabetus. You'd taken us to the edge of Mario face and back, and given us a lot of good laughs along the way. :golfclap:

I guess you can say that the detractors have egg on their face?

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
No, egg on their space. C'mon you've had 42 videos to learn by now.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Thank you for such an awesome LP. I still remember that day when it all started...

MR. J posted:

No, egg on their space. C'mon you've had 42 videos to learn by now.

Well maybe if the videos hadn't been faced out so much he would have remembered.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Great lp!

But seriously, when's the next update?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I can't think of any face puns to congratulate you with.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
What's going to fill the face in my free time now that this LP is over?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Slowbeef's inlaws also call every video game console "The Intendo" so take his anecdotal evidence with a grain of salt.

My parents, both from Jersey, and one Italian, always pronounced it Mah-rio. I still do it about half the time. I think it is regional.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for the great LP, Diabetus.

Could someone please test what happens if you fall off the Rosalina platform (was that the Gate?). Do you fall to your death or do you get a Mario Galaxy 1 bubble effect putting you back where you were?

GuavaMoment posted:

He said it in the video; I'm the one looking forward to the next FaceChem tournament. Also, possibly the only one to get the joke. Thanks for everything Betus!

I got the joke, too!

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!

Araenna posted:

My parents, both from Jersey, and one Italian, always pronounced it Mah-rio. I still do it about half the time. I think it is regional.

I always thought it was such a strange 'debate' because front and back open vowels aren't contrastive phonemes in English. Probably aren't in Italian afaik.
The end of a year-and-a-half long LP is probably not the most productive time to chip in with my two cents, however.

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!
I must say, this LP ending has left and empty face inside my heart.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

RedTeam posted:

I always thought it was such a strange 'debate' because front and back open vowels aren't contrastive phonemes in English. Probably aren't in Italian afaik.
The end of a year-and-a-half long LP is probably not the most productive time to chip in with my two cents, however.

I imagine the pronunciation also changes depending on what part of Italy the immigrants are from. English isn't the only language with half a dozen accents.

Diabetus
Jul 5, 2004
I had a feeling this would happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEdL0GEwe9Y

See you face cowboy...

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.

Diabetus posted:

See you face cowboy...

Well, that was a good way to end this run.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'm glad CherryDoom telling you to go die was kept in there.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Thanks for a fantastic LP!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Diabetus posted:

See you face cowboy...

My favorite Star Trek show is Deep Face Nine.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 19, 2014

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
So if we want an update for when your new LP starts, I guess we should just watch this face?

Phylaxis
Jun 18, 2012

I believe this thread's face broke the SA's search function.

The Comna
May 22, 2012

schtzn
schtzn
t-t-t-t
t-t-t-t
Don't close the thread too early, for I've grown accustomed to your space.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

A lot of people make jokes about facing somebody, about shoving somebody out an airlock. I don't think it's funny.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

When Lubba mentioned the parking lot, I was glad Mario would know which face he's in.

Har har, Lubba. Har har. :911:

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Thanks for the excellent LP. I'm terrible at games like this - I guess I just don't have the facial awareness for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Diabetus posted:

See you face cowboy...
I don't care what anyone says, the face puns were one of the best things about this LP (aside from you 100%ing one of my favorite games made in the past few years) and I think it's appropriate that someone made a compilation. :colbert:

Also, I predict in the next Metroid game, Samus will do battle with Ridley and the Face Pirates! (Cue slowbeef and/or diabetus saying, "IT'S A LIVIN'!" in the Ridley voice) :v:

• Locked thread