Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like that they've got Yoshi respawn points now, like they had power mushroom spawn points in the first galaxy. Yoshi's just a big fraidy cat if he doesn't have his buddy, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like that the flip galaxy was composed of panels that flipped between red and blue, instead of just being like a Zelda crystal switch for them.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
That one Luma racing to get back into position was pretty funny.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh wow. I wasn't expecting that brief 3D interlude in the 2D galaxy, or that gravity vortex at the end. Please say there's some quadradirectional gravity hangin' out in later levels somewhere.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Clearly what's going on here is that the universe proper is composed largely of Dyson spheres, creating giant "worlds" that encapsulate huge regions of space.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Of all the things to copy from Mario Galaxy 1, why'd they pick that pair of underdone boss fights?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Do all the secret stars show up as silhouettes on Lubba's little scoreboard there? Or does that only happen after you've gotten the galaxy's main star?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So where exactly are you when you're up on those platforms in the cosmic cave star? I couldn't see the cove anywhere.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

FinalGamer posted:

"GOOD LUCK BRO, WE'RE BEHIND YOU ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT! 8D"

And you just know that all of them are doing this the moment you show up to take that coin.

Also? poo poo son, it's a GIANT LAVA POWER PLANT. Maybe a coin's all they can do. This is the limit of the Toad Brigade. And they put on a happy face for you anyway.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

legoman727 posted:

...Holy poo poo. Those platforms in Cloudy Court are perfectly spaced so that you don't need the cloud flower to cross it.

Nintendo, you wonderful motherfuckers.

Yeah, I'm surprised. I guess they did that in case you run out of cloud or something? Or maybe it was just a happy accident. Regardless, I'm surprised you made it this far, and I was almost expecting you do go all the way, with like a long jump off the spring or something.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
But Diabetus is so good at making bad puns!

Also I didn't think there was any way you'd get that purple coin star in the slide. I guess 40 extra coins is a pretty big pad.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm surprised that water doesn't put out Speed Yoshi. Then again, it doesn't really do much when you've been hot peppered, does it?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Running around on a crescent moon that seesaws back and forth should not be so entertaining, but oh how it is.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Is there some reason you can't just use Luigi all the time? I mean, he's showing up often enough I can't imagine there are problems with him getting through any given galaxy.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Really the only scary thing here is the single-minded intensity of Mario's Olympic training regimen. I tell you, some of these Mushroom Kingdom coaches, the things they do should be illegal.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Hjalmar posted:

This is actually my favourite boss in the game and I really don't understand why y'all are making GBS threads on it. It's hectic, the scale is impressive even for a game about planets, and there's a lot more to it than the majority of bosses in the Mario Galaxy 2.

Plus, you know, Bowser Jr is basically Dr. Eggman and I can't not love that about him.

I hadn't thought of that before, but it's so true. His giant robots are just completely alternate-universe Egg contraptions.

I like having to use the missile launcher of the thing you crashed up last time around to kick off the stage.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
If even Luigi needs a couple of jumps to grab that star at the end of Melty Monster, how on face can Mario manage it? Triple-jump circumnavigation?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

gnome7 posted:

Mario could be the villain, you know. Except he's the hero.

Bowser told the koopa kids to go get Mario, so they run after him and he's always one level ahead of them. At the end of the game, they catch up right after Mario beat Bowser, and your final boss fight is against Mario on top of Bowser's ruined castle.

This is a beautiful concept and I would play the hell out of this game.

But what are the other fights? The kings from Mario 3, maybe?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Dr Pepper posted:

I have to admit, the opening to this new video made me laugh really hard.

It was an excellent payoff to the gag. I'm looking forward to the prankster runs that will apparently unlock amazing new cosmic mysteries upon completion.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, Rosalina is pretty much God.

Or at least, she's the author. Which is bad enough.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, just seeing where these stars end up is a real education in the extent of the levels.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I do like how a couple times they just park green stars in a place you're not supposed to fall down into. Sure you've only got one shot but everybody in the galaxy is faxing you 1-ups by this point.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
My favorite green star was the one in Shiverburn where you had to hold a cloud powerup for a decent stretch of stage.

Also, wow, what a giant chore to get to that... final stage? Museum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I think this is actually a story Rosalina's telling the Lumas. So congratulations, you unlocked author insert mode!

• Locked thread