Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

jizzsock posted:

Thanks for the advice. My roommate owns the house and didn't want dog hair in the drains (I know, but try telling him that), or I would have given the new guy a nice warm shampooing.

Your body hair is longer unless you're in the military :psyduck:

You can also buy a camping shower so you can hose him down outside without it being icy loving cold. I learned this from being a carriage driver - you can't put a horse in the tub to shampoo, but you definitely have to do it in the winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

paisleyfox posted:

Wish I could show you pictures of that one girl's dog, he literally had chunks out of his fur, like down to the skin. Don't know why she even tried showing him. But that is a different story for a different thread.

I'm not sure how this could be a story for a different thread, since this is the grooming thread in PI in Something Awful on the INTERNET.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

The Big Whoop posted:

Has anyone here used a clippervac? I was thinking about investing in one.

They use a clippervac for the sailors on a local Navy base, and it seems to cope with human hair without clogging or being a pain. I asked the lady and she said that it wasn't legal to use one at a legit salon, but that since this was a "barber shop" for personal grooming only, they weren't subject to such laws. :patriot:

Anyway, what I'm saying is that yes, clippervacs probably have improved significantly since SolanaSkyes had one.

edit: Hdip, I fixed your post the only way I could, which was by deleting the attachment from it. Instead of using the attachment feature, I recommend you use the [timg] tag.

Pile of Kittens fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Dec 22, 2012

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

The Big Whoop posted:

(Oh god if I press too hard I am going to cut these dog's dangly bits)

I don't see why this is a problem. How much does the salon charge for neutering, anyway?

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

One of the bagels I live with keeps staring at his butt like it's possessed. We think it means his anal glands need expressing. I know that this is technically possible, but how unpleasant is it for the average civilian to attempt?

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

The Big Whoop posted:

keep your mouth closed and your head away from dog-rear end-not-ok.

My big problem was that I had problems with locating the anal glands at first. Do do it in the tub. It takes practice but I promise you will be able to find your pastry-based dog's anal glands.

Well it helps that bagels only have the one big hole in the middle :V

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Oh lovely, just in time for winter too. This is the time of year I stop shaving my head for thermal reasons... what the gently caress was she thinking?

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Serella posted:

Ha, I'd be blowing up her facebook with comments on how dissatisfied you are with how she ruined your dog's coat. Let anyone who follows her page see what the owners think of the job she did.

Seriously. Everyone needs feedback to get better, and she needs to get a lot better in a hurry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Skizzles posted:

My co-worker and manager needed me to help them with a cat they were shaving. The cat was NOT happy about it and had already pissed everywhere so they needed another person to hold her. This was not even a long-haired cat. :psyduck: I felt beyond awful forcing this terrified cat to hold still while my co-worker shaved her. They got her mostly done before they said "gently caress it, this is too stressful for the cat (and us)" and quit. I will give the cat props, though, for recovering very well. As soon as she was on the ground she was like "okay, now that that's over, where's the food?" Very sweet cat. :3: Very dumb owner.

what... the gently caress? Was there any reason given for this cat needing to be shaved?

• Locked thread