Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Our cats get largely ignored in comparison to the attention the dogs get unless I am doing late night computer stuff and the dogs are asleep in the bedroom.

We have a dog door. Everyone gets housebroken the old fashioned way but once they're old enough to handle that biznez, they can come and go as they please. In fact, because our house didn't really have an existing door to modify, we made a removable dog door for our bedroom window. It has steps leading up to it on the inside and a ramp leading out to the yard on the outside. The whole thing can come out of the window if we aren't going to be home for any length of time and no one is allowed access to it if we aren't here but gently caress it, 6 dogs with wildly different bladder capacities can have a dog door and I'm not sorry. :colbert:

Part of the reason my wife prefers to adopt dogs that are older than six months is because she gets disappointed when baby puppies don't grow up how she pictured. We have mutts, it's impossible to pinpoint adult size perfectly but at the heart, she's a spergy, OCD doglady and it drives her crazy that mutts lack the general predictability that purebreds have for growth and development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

We regularly forget Lucy in a closet.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Superconsndar posted:

Times I use flea prevention: when I see a flea.

For some reason I've just never really seen or had many fleas. I usually end up having to de-flea dogs maybe once or twice a year, and when I do it's usually because I took them somewhere where there were a bunch of other animals/dogs around.

I am anal about HW meds though, because we have mosquitos year-round here.

Confession: I can no longer post pics of my dogs here because they are so skinny-fat from me being too busy to keep them ripped. I'm scared to put up a springpole because our neighbors are insane, so all they get are walks. Strongly considering buying a treadmill so I can stop being embarrassed about my flabby dogs. :saddowns:

No one cares as long as they aren't obese. Post pictures :colbert:

Confession: Social anxiety makes it really difficult to own dogs a lot of the time. Sometimes, too hard :smith:

• Locked thread