Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neena
May 11, 2007

No male will ever handle my massive CoX!
Wait, I meant boobs! Wait!
FISTS, Shit!
Savannah is a little leash-reactive, needs better manners, and her recall is poo poo and we just don't work with her on it. :sigh:

My bird doesn't get enough one-on-one time. Luckily she is fairly independent and entertains herself with her toys well, and she's in a high-traffic area so I chatter with her and she gets to see us a lot and gets pets and scritches when she's playing on her cage, but as far as time perching on me, I suck. Also, she used to be fed Harrison's years ago, until I couldn't afford it anymore and started feeding her Lafeber's pellets. I have a good job now and make way more money and she's still on the Lafeber's, even though Harrison's are better. I'm also lazy about making her eat fresh veggies.

In years past, when I was scraping the absolute bottom of the mental health barrel, my pets suffered for it in serious lack of attention and clean cages. I got my poo poo together finally and it hasn't been like that for years now, and I've been trying to make up for it (of course not succeeding 100% considering these other confessions), but I was kind of a lovely pet owner for awhile there.

This one I feel the worst about. I went to a convention over Labor Day weekend and my snake died while we were gone. :smith: His name was Sketti, he was a rosy boa, and I never posted about him. The worst part is, I hired somebody to come in and look after Poppy, but I figured the snake would be okay, because he always was when I'd occasionally be gone for a weekend. So somebody was coming in and out and never noticed him going downhill, or anything. I don't know if I could have saved him even if she had, but getting home and finding him like that... :cry: I fed him before we left, he had fresh water, and I was just sure he'd be okay because he was so low maintenance. I feel so terrible about it. And I took him for a necropsy, but the basic one the vet did didn't turn up anything obvious, and he sent samples away to UGA but I still haven't heard back yet. I admit, I'm kind of avoiding calling to press about it because I have this irrational fear that somehow it was totally my fault and I was a terrible owner because sometimes I'd go a little longer than I should've between feedings, or substrate changes, or something. I also never handled him much.

I was such an embarrassing wreck the next day at work I had to go home. People probably thought I was crazy, but at least I didn't get any "it was JUST a snake" stuff. I am getting choked up writing about it now, even. And this seems stupid to say because I do get very attached to pets, but I guess I never realized quite how much I loved him and enjoyed him being around until he was gone. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neena
May 11, 2007

No male will ever handle my massive CoX!
Wait, I meant boobs! Wait!
FISTS, Shit!

CompactFanny posted:

I fart on my cats.

Savannah is constantly under the blankets with us on the couch because she's a little warmth whore. I dutch oven her all the time. No shame :patriot:

Neena fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 29, 2012

• Locked thread