Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
My chickens got eaten on Thanksgiving because we left them in an unsecure coop. The one night we decided not to bring them inside. 'No, they'll be fine, it's fine.' :smith:

Unlike some insane dogladies PI posters, I like that my dog is a living throw pillow and I encourage it by frequently forgetting to walk him except for maybe 1-2 times a week, and we spend hours napping and eating snacks together because we are lazy skinnyfats. He is demanding and prissy and I encourage his attention-grabbing habits because it is funny to me, but I scold the big dog for the same behavior because I am a hypocrite. I let him get away with murder because he is cute. There, I said it.

I made my girlfriend buy me a hamster on impulse one day and now I have a hamster and I gave her a nice big cage and good food and everything but I'm pretty 'meh' about it and I basically just have a hamster, I guess. I let her run around in a plastic ball but rarely handle her. A hamster, it exists.

Also I backyard breed geckos and I care more about their coloration/pattern and how nice their terrarium looks as a display then I do about having them as pets. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Keeper hates men (unless they're effeminate and/or gay) and since I'm a gay lady I don't interact with a lot of dudes so I pretty much do nothing about it.

He's fine with everyone while he's out and about on leash, and sucks up to people he would normally hate all the time, just to screw with me. But if you come into my house you will be BARK BARK BARK'ed at until your ears are ringing.

ETA: sometimes I think about buying puppies on craigslist

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I like my girlfriend's dog (Spice, a rough collie) more than Keeper.

There, I said it. :colbert:

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

-I judge people for feeding kibble to their cats instead of wet/pre-packaged raw/raw food because even good kibble isn't as good as wet/raw....buuuut I also alternate meals with my cat so he gets one kibble meal, one wet/raw, because it's cheaper.

-I am irrationally disappointed and bored by people who own labs and goldens because they're so boring and durfy and they're all the exact same thing and there's so loving many of them. I get mad when I go to the dog park purely to look at other people's dogs and there's nothing but boring dumb labs there. The people that have them seem to just glaze over and chirp 'great family dogs!!!' over and over again when asked about their dog, and they always seem to be as dumb and ignorant of dog social cues as their dogs. 'Oh he's just trying to play!' when the 80lb dog is repeatedly ramming my 5lb dog into the ground = typical example. They're not bad dogs, I guess, just stupid as balls and people keep breeding them like mad, so it's not their fault that they're everywhere, but everytime I see a lab or a golden I want to euth it and replace it with a neat-looking other breed purely because I think they're boring and ubiquitous and I think people should have to deal with dog quirks instead of just 'push button, receive family dog'. Yup. :)

-That being said, though, I judge the other people I see with poms because my dog is cuter clearly I'm a better, more knowledgable owner than this person who I briefly saw on the street.

-When I'm at the dog food store with Keeper and someone else's dog, large or small, is acting out, I deliberately show off how much more well-trained and obedient he is and when people invariably go 'Wow that tiny dog is better trained than you, Rex/Fluffy/Dumb Lab' and I act all surprised and modest like I didn't expect them to notice. :smuggo:

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

tse1618 posted:

My family raises Seeing Eye Puppies; labs, goldens, and lab/golden crosses. I used to think the same thing about labs and goldens but I love these dogs so much. They're way better than the hundreds of dogs (mostly danes, dobies, mastiffs, greyhounds, misc crosses) we've fostered over the years. They've been bred for smarts, trainability, and health to make great Seeing Eye dogs for generations though, so I still feel superior about them over normal labs and goldens. A lot of those are big and dumb BYB dogs with too much energy and too little training.

I think Seeing Eye programs are amazing (I loving sobbed like a small child during Through a Dog's Eyes) and I absolutely agree that to a degree these are different dogs than your average pet durf lab but still every time I see a person with a guide/service dog and it's a lab/golden I have a strong tendency to think 'x breed could probably do that job just as well, if not better'.

Don't get me wrong: I think the seeing eye programs have a reason to continue using the breeds they use, sure, but I think that the variety of dog breeds gives us so many possibilities to fit with so many different homes and levels of ability that I think it's just plain silly that the prevalent mentality is 'ONLY LABS/GOLDENS DO SERVICE WORK'. I've seen a few Collie service dogs, a Greyhound, a Beagle, at least a dozen different BCs, EVEN A POM, etc. I want to see service work programs diversify their efforts in regards to fitting people with the right type of dog for their service needs, because some people need a more attentive breed, some need a more independent one, some need a smaller one, some need a less hairy one, some need a big protective dog, etc etc. I don't think, given the number of different breeds, that it'd be a stretch to say that dogs other than a lab/golden/german shepherd could do those jobs. I'm not talking about just therapy work or emotional support; I'm talking about guide work, and full-on daily service work.

Obviously it would take a lot of work, money, effort and training to develop breeding programs and diversify in that manner and obviously I am contributing none of that, but it's something that bothers me and I think about it. :)

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

My favorite (pom) breeder has a litter right now with two unclaimed male pups, and one is a sable, and they'd be available after Christmas. I want a puppy so bad but logistically it's probably not a good time. I very strongly want to just put a deposit down and say 'gently caress it', though.

I don't need two dogs. I'm barely training Keeper at all these days and today will be the first day he's been walked in three days because it is the rainy season and neither he nor I feel like dealing with it. A pom puppy from this breeder will be really typey; feisty, willful and stubborn, and so training/early socialization will be key, and as big of a pom sperg as I am, I don't know that I can actually handle it correctly.

But still. Want puppy. Have a hard time saying no to puppy.

notsowelp posted:

Mouse has been having a couple of issues with separation anxiety since I moved her out to my place full time. She's always been used to living with A Dandy, so being alone is new and difficult for her.

Get another adorable lurcher puppy, hth

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

Oh I forgot these ones:

-I sometimes drive with Keeper on my lap instead of his carseat because dog snuggles sometimes trump safety

-I like the way he looks in sweaters and ridiculous dog clothes. And I LOVE carrying him with me everywhere in a bag. I make the point to not buy purse-like carry bags but still. It's fun okay. :colbert:

I may be encouraging separation anxiety by doing this, but since he comes literally everywhere with me and travels on planes for all major vacations, IDGAF.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

Charmmi posted:

Pangurban

I have a confession and that confession is that you beat me to naming a white cat/animal Pangur Ban and now I will forever resent you. :colbert:

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

Superconsndar posted:

Replace beagle with pit bull poo poo and this is legit how I feel, I would immediately own a thousand labradoodles before I would own a show OR SPORTING ( :can: ) type APBT/Amstaff

I like Amstaffs :haw: No seriously, I like them. I don't like what they represent as far as blah blah blah show ladies dumbin it down, but I do like them aesthetically. And they're driveless big durfs so if I were to get a bully, that's what I'd have to get with my desire for a multi-dog, multi-animal household.

I also like French Bulldogs. I squeal over French Bulldogs. Shame me, PI.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

:3:

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

My reptiles all could use a cage cleaning, it's that time of the month....but naaaahhh let's browse the internet instead.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I like holding my conure in my fist and zooming him around in the air in figure eights and dramatic dives and making plane sounds. NNNNEEEEYYYOOOOWWWWW

He stares at me with this long-suffering air the whole time.

I am literally in tears

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

MUST. OWN. EVERY. REPTILE. I. SEE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I kicked a dog today.

This lady comes and drops her St Bernard off for a simple bath, no frills (we do basic grooming on top of daycare/boarding/training/rescue/every loving thing) and beams like an idiot as she tells me 'Oh and she likes to 'hug' you while you're doing it, it's so cute, you'll see!'. I shrug, figure the dog will want to wrap a paw around my back or shove her nose under my arm like most big goofy moron dogs like to, and tell her no worries.

I get the dog into the tub mostly okay, after some initial balking, but then as soon as I turned the water on her, she screamed like a chihuahua and leaped into my arms. I am not kidding; all four paws came right at me and I fell hard on my back with a whining, scrabbling, shrieking 150lb dog trying to force her way onto my chest. The wind was knocked out of me and it took several moments to recover, during which I was legitimately terrified that I would suffocate because this idiot dog would not stop slamming me back down every time I sat up. Finally, absolutely at my wit's end and fearing that I would never be able to breathe again, I yelled 'NO YOU STUPID gently caress' and slam-kicked her in the chest with both feet. I'm not proud of it, but she cowered and whimpered and backed off, so I was able to get up. Somehow I managed to cowgirl up and finish the bath, though god knows how, and I gleefully informed the woman that her idiot dog nearly killed me by 'hugging' and that she was not welcome back for baths. The best part about it was charging her full price for a service that costs less than half that, because gently caress you, that is a St Bernard, do not let it loving hug you.

So there you go PI, I have become what you made me.

• Locked thread